848 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, LizM said:

Seems like you got someone who was completely inexperienced, and who tried to hide it by being rude and demanding. When I went through I was also standing in I think two different (but short) lines before I was directed to the incorrect window, had to stand in a third line, and then someone reluctantly took my case and opened my envelope. I wonder how unusual K1s are.

Yeah sounds as if they are unusual!! Or they’re just lazy, lmao

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, Penny&Lee said:

So I wrote my JFK POE review and it’s on my profile. It was the WORST POE I’ve ever had through JFK. It’s a good read if you’re curious as to how that went. 

WOW

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Wow is right! We arrived on the same date, but my POE was Dublin via pre-clearance, but since I was in secondary for over 1hr30m, I nearly missed the flight! Immigration sucks everywhere!

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, Penny&Lee said:

Right? Unreal, lol!

My husband came thru JFK and he was out in 45 minutes from the time the plane landed; they took his envelope stamped his passport and said welcome to America. I think it's an ####### who wants to make someone's day as shitty as he is. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, kendorii said:

Wow is right! We arrived on the same date, but my POE was Dublin via pre-clearance, but since I was in secondary for over 1hr30m, I nearly missed the flight! Immigration sucks everywhere!

I'll second that, I still can't believe they didn't refused me entry into Jamaica after losing my cool with the Immigration office. :) 

21 hours ago, kendorii said:

They really, really do. After the #### we have to go through to even get to POE, they should be nice to us and not make our lives hell! Lol

9 hours ago, Michelle M said:

My husband came thru JFK and he was out in 45 minutes from the time the plane landed; they took his envelope stamped his passport and said welcome to America. I think it's an ####### who wants to make someone's day as shitty as he is. 

He was a real bad officer. But from just observation alone before seeing him, he seemed nice. Haha jokes on me - either way! I’m here so all is good 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
17 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

They really, really do. After the #### we have to go through to even get to POE, they should be nice to us and not make our lives hell! Lol

He was a real bad officer. But from just observation alone before seeing him, he seemed nice. Haha jokes on me - either way! I’m here so all is good 

Yeah, it's funny how you forget all that #### once you're here and planning a wedding! 8 days until ours, and I'm only starting to fill out the AOS paperwork. How long did it take you guys?

Timeline
2 hours ago, kendorii said:

Yeah, it's funny how you forget all that #### once you're here and planning a wedding! 8 days until ours, and I'm only starting to fill out the AOS paperwork. How long did it take you guys?

It took us about three weeks , because I wanted to have a clear understanding of the instructions.  It is very overwhelming once you start putting it together. At least for me :) 

Hey, anyone who's had any experience with getting a learner's permit for driving (before EAD/AP/AOS approval)? I thought I couldn't do that yet but when I checked the NYS DMV website it seems that the requirements are the same as for getting just a state ID (which is what I was initially going for).

h

8 hours ago, LizM said:

Hey, anyone who's had any experience with getting a learner's permit for driving (before EAD/AP/AOS approval)? I thought I couldn't do that yet but when I checked the NYS DMV website it seems that the requirements are the same as for getting just a state ID (which is what I was initially going for).

I’ve actually been looking into this too. I already have a UK license and thought I couldn’t get one here until after AOS but I’m reading different?

On 8/14/2018 at 11:52 AM, kendorii said:

Not on AOS yet! (If you meant me!) we’re getting married on August 31st. Awww. Happy happy wedding day 💛💛💛

Timeline
18 hours ago, LizM said:

I was looking into it just yesterday and it seems once you have enough proof or can prove who you are you can get a learner's permit.  But we are planning on visiting them next week, so I'll have more to say after that. 

13 minutes ago, Michelle M said:

I was looking into it just yesterday and it seems once you have enough proof or can prove who you are you can get a learner's permit.  But we are planning on visiting them next week, so I'll have more to say after that. 

Yes exactly. I didn't have enough proof when I first looked into it but now that I have bank statements and renter's insurance, I think I qualify. I just thought it might be a good idea that when I go there I know what I'm applying for since there's like a 10 question test for the learner's permit 😄

h

Processing time for Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485) at New York City NY

Estimated time range
Months

to

Months

Processing Times for New York City
  1. 8.5 Months to 15 Months
    Employment-based adjustment applications
    June 11, 2017
  2. 16 Months to 30 Months
    Family-based adjustment applications
    March 15, 2016
Edited by AndreaPerkins

On 8/22/2018 at 7:21 AM, AndreaPerkins said:

Processing time for Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485) at New York City NY

Estimated time range
Months

to

Months

Processing Times for New York City
  1. 8.5 Months to 15 Months
    Employment-based adjustment applications
    June 11, 2017
  2. 16 Months to 30 Months
    Family-based adjustment applications
    March 15, 2016

Wow.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.