62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, EM_Vandaveer said:

I'd second the credit card option. Not ideal, of course, but at least she'll have "AOS pending" status & the clock towards receiving EAD starts clicking. The longer you delay filing, the longer you delay her ability to work.

Yes this is our worry. Also we have to travel back to Thailand at the end of this year, and I believe she won't be allowed to do that until the EAD is received. We can't wait much longer to start.

How do you pay with credit? I thought they only accepted check or money order?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 minute ago, RevGreen said:

Yes this is our worry. Also we have to travel back to Thailand at the end of this year, and I believe she won't be allowed to do that until the EAD is received. We can't wait much longer to start.

G-1450 form. You need to file two of these: one to go with form I-130 & one to go with form I-485.

You have to file for AP to be able to travel. EAD in itself doesn't let you travel, but if you apply for AP, you'll get a combo card that serves as EAD & AP.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
36 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

Realistically? A few months. If I had $1500 to spare I obviously wouldn't be making this post. I don't know why people are criticizing me.

We are to marry this week, but she just wants to start working and having her own money sooner rather than later. Also we need to travel back to Thailand later this year.

u can't afford the AOS but planning to travel back to Thailand next year???????

u left yourself open to this

AOS should be more important 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

So you do have the money to pay and you and are saving money for a trip.

just asking, why are you asking to file for a waiver when there clearly is money in your household?

this is not good, these are the reason for the new USCIS rules!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kris&me said:

u can't afford the AOS but planning to travel back to Thailand next year???????

u left yourself open to this

AOS should be more important 

Thank you !,,,,,,,,, ,

8 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:
G-1450 form. You need to file two of these: one to go with form I-130 & one to go with form I-485.

OP, you will be AOS'ing from a K1 right? If yes, then you do not need the I-130.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline

I have said it before and I will say it again, priorities people.

sorry, op, you sunk yourself on this one. Just pay the fees and either stop being cheap or scam the system.

Then why are you discussing the credit card fee for the AOS?

Edited by florida racer 73

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Don't follow your logic.

My fiancee and I are young (mid 20s), and just beginning our life. My savings were spent on the K1 process. I'm not 60 with SS and a retirement fund.

Now she is here and I am providing for 2 people. My savings were exhausted and we are more or less paycheck-to-paycheck. It will take a few months to save for the fee. However, we need to travel soon (for my work, this trip is free for us both so it's not important to our situation other than needing the travel document). I didn't say someone else is paying the fee. I said my job is sending me (and her) to Thailand. Absolutely nothing to do with the AOS or K1. Why are you on about it?

So my question is : is it possible to get a waiver? Someone told me it is not, but I can pay with a card.

All my questions are answered so why are you still commenting and being judgemental?

Edited by RevGreen

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

Don't follow your logic.

My fiancee and I are young (mid 20s), and just beginning our life. My savings were spent on the K1 process. I'm not 60 with SS and a retirement fund.

Now she is here and I am providing for 2 people. My savings were exhausted and we are more or less paycheck-to-paycheck. It will take a few months to save for the fee. However, we need to travel soon (for my work, this trip is free for us both so it's not important to our situation other than needing the travel document). I didn't say someone else is paying the fee. I said my job is sending me (and her) to Thailand. Absolutely nothing to do with the AOS or K1. Why are you on about it?

So my question is : is it possible to get a waiver? Someone told me it is not, but I can pay with a card.

All my questions are answered so why are you still commenting and being judgemental?

2 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

Don't follow your logic.

I am not being judgemental, here is the reality of it, pay the fee and files for AOS, otherwise, I do not believe that your wife can leave the country without the advance parole. If you say you do not have the money for it, than you have to wait.

there is no waiver available, so either pay by cash, check or charge or unfortunately, your wife cannot go

Timeline
Just now, RevGreen said:

Thank you. That is all I was asking.

Yes sir, it appears you words not were clear enough when you stated 

16 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

Traveling to Thailand later this year for my job, so they are paying. It has no bearing on the AOS fee and why we can't afford it right now.

Not that it is the business of anybody here.

When you said they are paying, that is where the confusion came in

its all good

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I doubt you are barely making ends meet working for a company that sends you and your spouse abroad.

Why don't you get a personal loan or a credit card that has a 0% introductory APR?

perhaps you could also borrow some money from your families or friends.

Regardless, it takes 5-6 months for them to approve your wife's AP. so most likely she won't be able to travel to Thailand this year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.