wifiguy

Minimum Income Guideline

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, wifiguy said:

well I guess I have no other choice but to boost up the numbers in LINE 22, probably got to work extra hours :). Thanks for the tip thou! Question, I have a car, financed it but still doing payments. You think it can be included as an asset?

Now that I am awake and not typing on an iphone, I just looked at my taxes that I sent

IRS form 1040 and when I completed the i-864 I used line 22 for the amount I entered on the i-864

I also included a copy of my schedule E because I am self employed.

What type of business do you do, because you have to pay yourself a reasonable salary according to the IRS?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Best to disregard the above.  Two many errors.  You have the right information from others.  Your income as a self employed person comes from line 22, total income.  Sometimes that is the same number and sometimes it's not.  Line 22 rules.  

There is no "adjustment of status" at the NVC stage.  AOS at NVC means Affidavit of Support.  There are no co-sponsors.  If you don't qualify, you'll need a qualified "joint sponsor".

Excuse the wording errors, this is what happens when someone is half asleep and typing on a iphone, I filed all of my paperwork myself without any issues, you could have simply pointed out the errors and I would have apologized and corrected them, your response seems a little condescending, my information is correct...... I just mis-spoke

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

Excuse the wording errors, this is what happens when someone is half asleep and typing on a iphone, I filed all of my paperwork myself without any issues, you could have simply pointed out the errors and I would have apologized and corrected them, your response seems a little condescending, my information is correct...... I just mis-spoke

We communicate with words here, so wording errors are factual errors.  You were not asked how you did your paperwork.  People's circumstances are different.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
14 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

What type of business do you do, because you have to pay yourself a reasonable salary according to the IRS?

The "type if business you do" is not the issue.  If the self employed person's business is organized as a sole proprietorship, they don't need to "pay themselves a salary" at all.  Many such businesses show a negative number on line 22 of a 01040.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The "type if business you do" is not the issue.  If the self employed person's business is organized as a sole proprietorship, they don't need to "pay themselves a salary" at all.  Many such businesses show a negative number on line 22 of a 01040.

It ain't a debate nor a political arena on FOX or CNN. Disagreement should be in the most polite way. Like I said before, no one in here is a lawyer or an expert on Immigration Issues. Everyone here was new at one point on most of the Immigration issues presented by people. But if anyone has more knowledge than others then simply not to brag about it (It doesn't mean YOU Sir). We all ought to make mistake and I don't assume people give me 100% authentic Info but their views on it. Please keep it simple as it suppose to be and carry on working towards helping people making their Immigration Journey easier. I thank everyone who shared their views on the Issue in hand.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, wifiguy said:

It ain't a debate nor a political arena on FOX or CNN. Disagreement should be in the most polite way. Like I said before, no one in here is a lawyer or an expert on Immigration Issues. Everyone here was new at one point on most of the Immigration issues presented by people. But if anyone has more knowledge than others then simply not to brag about it (It doesn't mean YOU Sir). We all ought to make mistake and I don't assume people give me 100% authentic Info but their views on it. Please keep it simple as it suppose to be and carry on working towards helping people making their Immigration Journey easier. I thank everyone who shared their views on the Issue in hand.

Your post is completely out of line and again full of errors.  One does not make anybody's journey easier by giving false information.

Note:  There ARE lawyers and immigration experts participating here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Bickering post removed; cease and desist immediately or Administrative Action will be taken.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

... when a participant provides wrong information, and someone put their trust in what they wrote, the result can be catastrophic.  I feel it is better to flag it, than to pretend it is correct.  No one knows everything, and it's ok to make mistakes, but it is also ok to let others know they should research the topic some more.  

Edited by Ban Hammer
removed quoted post

32 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

... when a participant provides wrong information, and someone put their trust in what they wrote, the result can be catastrophic.  I feel it is better to flag it, than to pretend it is correct.  No one knows everything, and it's ok to make mistakes, but it is also ok to let others know they should research the topic some more.  

^^^This. I've made my fair share of mistakes many times, and do appreciate when somebody points them out. Either I overlooked something, misunderstood something, or was just outright wrong. This is invaluable experience on how not to make mistakes again.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• Ryan H locked this topic
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Posts disregarding my earlier warning removed.  Furthermore as enough answers have been given to the original question, this thread is now closed to additional discussion and it is not to be restarted or referenced in future discussions.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.