wifiguy

Minimum Income Guideline

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, florida racer 73 said:

How long have you been in business?

you need to put the last 3 years of amounts on the i-864 when you fill it out, it the last 2 years are low and you just started your business you can write an explination that

you just started your business and you annual earnings are increasing the longer you are in business or something to that affect. The co is generally concerned with the prior years earnings.

Yes, you provide the line 22 figure for three prior years, but the most recent tax return, line 22 is also the "current income".  

NO, the CO is not "generally concerned with the prior years earnings".  A person qualifies or not on their "current income".   For the self employed, that IS found on line 22 of the most recent tax return, but for the employed, it certainly is NOT.

They will be considering the totality of circumstances but if current income is not enough, none of the other circumstances are going to matter, unless there is a qualified joint sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Best to disregard the above.  Two many errors.  You have the right information from others.  Your income as a self employed person comes from line 22, total income.  Sometimes that is the same number and sometimes it's not.  Line 22 rules.  

There is no "adjustment of status" at the NVC stage.  AOS at NVC means Affidavit of Support.  There are no co-sponsors.  If you don't qualify, you'll need a qualified "joint sponsor".

Wow, okay so I misspoke, it is only 2:20am here it is a play on words.

by the way, I did my own form and was approved without question.... 

thank you

2 minutes ago, florida racer 73 said:

Wow, okay so I misspoke, it is only 2:20am here it is a play on words.

by the way, I did my own form and was approved without question.... 

thank you

Its alright my man :) We all here to help genuinely and that's what you did. Noone here's a lawyer or an expert just speaking from their personal experiences. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, wifiguy said:

Its alright my man :) We all here to help genuinely and that's what you did. Noone here's a lawyer or an expert just speaking from their personal experiences. 

Its all good, it does not phase me one bit, I do not pay attention to comments like that. Just passing on what I did with my paperwork and I did not have an issue

l

2 minutes ago, florida racer 73 said:

Its all good, it does not phase me one bit, I do not pay attention to comments like that. Just passing on what I did with my paperwork and I did not have an issue

like I said we speak through personal experiences. I love you all people muah!. I can still see how people are really trying hard to help others as it used to be in the past. I am a VJ member since 2007, but forgot my Old ID that's why I had to make a new one in 2017. 

Edited by wifiguy
forgot

44 minutes ago, wifiguy said:

Is that right? then I am applying for citizenship. That I am sure expedite her case?

Becoming a USC will make the PD current immediately, so you would only have processing timelines to worry about.

For instance, if you were eligible today then you likely would become a USC before your I-130 is even processed (or right around the same time at worst). Then you could "upgrade" the petition. ETA: ~12-16 months (versus ~2.5 years from filing to visa for an LPR).

NOTE: If there are any dependents (under 21 children), then becoming a USC will mean filing for them separately.

37 minutes ago, wifiguy said:

Can I ask any friend as a joint sponsor? In case if i have to. But I think I have enough time to sort this out by increasing my income since I have a long way to go to that stage of aff of support

If he is a USC or LPR living in the US and meets the requirements, then yes.

But as noted, you have some time to figure it out if you will qualify on your own.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Becoming a USC will make the PD current immediately, so you would only have processing timelines to worry about.

For instance, if you were eligible today then you likely would become a USC before your I-130 is even processed (or right around the same time at worst). Then you could "upgrade" the petition. ETA: ~12-16 months (versus ~2.5 years from filing to visa for an LPR).

NOTE: If there are any dependents (under 21 children), then becoming a USC will mean filing for them separately.

If he is a USC or LPR living in the US and meets the requirements, then yes.

But as noted, you have some time to figure it out if you will qualify on your own.

How can I possibly upgrade my petition after becoming USC? do I have to fill up some sort of extra form. If so what's that form number? I thank you for your reply thou!. 2.5 years killing me, few friends of mine told me that they are LPR and filed for their spouses and they got their visas in 11 months. Two cases I know and they are from New York

11 minutes ago, wifiguy said:

How can I possibly upgrade my petition after becoming USC? do I have to fill up some sort of extra form. If so what's that form number? I thank you for your reply thou!. 2.5 years killing me, few friends of mine told me that they are LPR and filed for their spouses and they got their visas in 11 months. Two cases I know and they are from New York

Call them and tell them. They will request that you send a copy of your naturalization certificate (a copy of your US passport would also suffice).

The PD timeline changes constantly. I'm unaware of when it was last under 11 months for F2A (if ever?), but it's currently 2 years for the PD to become current alone. There's no possible way to expedite waiting for the PD to become current (other than becoming a USC and no longer having to wait for the PD to become current).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, wifiguy said:

Good Lord! :)

We had to postponed our AOS for a long time because of the self employment. Planning to do so very soon. So I can understand you:) Just show enough income and its should be fine. I probably read every topic on VJ about self employment. 

13 minutes ago, AngieJ said:

We had to postponed our AOS for a long time because of the self employment. Planning to do so very soon. So I can understand you:) Just show enough income and its should be fine. I probably read every topic on VJ about self employment. 

well I guess I have no other choice but to boost up the numbers in LINE 22, probably got to work extra hours :). Thanks for the tip thou! Question, I have a car, financed it but still doing payments. You think it can be included as an asset?

Filed: Other Timeline
9 minutes ago, wifiguy said:

well I guess I have no other choice but to boost up the numbers in LINE 22, probably got to work extra hours :). Thanks for the tip thou! Question, I have a car, financed it but still doing payments. You think it can be included as an asset?

Only Extra car can be included in assets, because you can not use your the only one vehicle as asset. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.