dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2018

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Eye said:

Thank you Sis. Oh Thank God!!!

I have been giving him quickfire interview questions. I'm waaaayyy more nervous than he is. But our journey has been long, we were denied the K1 Visa before and that really broke us down. We could only get the traditional marriage certificate and my heart has been doing gbim gbim since. I just want these people to know that we just want to be together and start our family, is that too much to ask? 

Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate it.

You mean the native law&customs testimony as the traditional certificate?Where you both not married at the registry too? 

We too had a previous fiance visa denied last yr.

Don't worry this time,your visa will be approved.  

Edited by Abies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Abies said:

It will end in praise sis. Congratulations to you and your husband in advance.

We finally got our case number on friday

Congratulations Abies! So happy for you - I have silently kept checking your status as you had to wait so patiently. Reading this makes my day. God bless!

Timeline
Just now, R&OC said:

Congratulations Abies! So happy for you - I have silently kept checking your status as you had to wait so patiently. Reading this makes my day. God bless!

Thank you so much. Much appreciated 

7 minutes ago, Abies said:

You mean the native law&customs testimony as the traditional certificate?Where you both not married at the registry too? 

We too had a previous fiance visa denied last yr. 

Yeah just the native law and customs testimony, but from the registry. We didn't do the 'regular' registry. I couldn't travel back to Nigeria, because right before he went for the fiance interview I moved back to the US, we lived together in Nigeria. I can't even start explaining the long story. Anyway this whole process has cost my husband and I and our families way too much. I'm just asking God for favor. 

Edited by Eye

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eye said:

Yeah just the native law and customs testimony, but from the registry. We didn't do the 'regular' registry. I couldn't travel back to Nigeria, because right before he went for the fiance interview I moved back to the US, we lived together in Nigeria. I can't even start explaining the long story. Anyway this whole process has cost my husband and I and our families way too much. I'm just asking God for favor. 

We have that too as well as our marriage certificate.

Don't worry,by his grace it will end in praise 

Just now, Abies said:

We have that too as well as our marriage certificate.

Don't worry,by his grace it will end in praise 

Amen.

I'm just realizing that it's something common in Nigeria as most people are not even aware that traditional marriage is legally recognized. I didn't know, I had to email the Consulate and they clarified everything for me. I didn't get the 'regular' marriage cert before leaving Nigeria because I was like they would think we're not valid for the fiance visa because we had gone to the 'regular' marriage registry. So what I was trying to avoid is what ended up happening. I wish we had done that instead, but we already had a hall booked, wedding decor, Church prep, DJ, everything was done, in the US. We were so heartbroken, but we thank God for His strength. We have overcome and we will continue to overcome in Jesus name. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eye said:

Amen.

I'm just realizing that it's something common in Nigeria as most people are not even aware that traditional marriage is legally recognized. I didn't know, I had to email the Consulate and they clarified everything for me. I didn't get the 'regular' marriage cert before leaving Nigeria because I was like they would think we're not valid for the fiance visa because we had gone to the 'regular' marriage registry. So what I was trying to avoid is what ended up happening. I wish we had done that instead, but we already had a hall booked, wedding decor, Church prep, DJ, everything was done, in the US. We were so heartbroken, but we thank God for His strength. We have overcome and we will continue to overcome in Jesus name. 

Really? Im just getting to know that the native law and customs testimony is accepted by US immigration.  Sounds good,you have nothing to worry about

Edited by Abies

1 hour ago, Eye said:

Also my husband did the registration for visa pick up and it pulled the information from when we did the DS-160 (we filed fiance initially), but it didn't let us put in his interview date of tomorrow, even though we put CR1/IR1. It just would only remember the DS-160. It told us to print the confirmation page but that confirmation page still shows DS-160 and an interview date of 2016. It's just not updating at all. Is this a problem?

Will they still let him into the Consular for the interview?

Hi can anyone answer this for me? Before it's too late for us to do anything about it? Please

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abies said:

It will end in praise sis. Congratulations to you and your husband in advance.

We finally got our case number on friday

Congratulations Abies. It shall end in praise.

CC = June 23-25th (25th was when i noticed)

Interview letter delivered  = June 29th 

Interview date set for = August 14th 

Thailand. 

my family started this process in jan of 2017 ... haven't seen 2/3 of my children in the past 12 months.  words can't describe how happy I was to have completed this process to the final stage. I am not an analytical person and I'm also not a very disciplined person either. so, having to jump through all of these hoops all while keeping my nose to the grindstone for a year, (on top of the pressures put onto a relationship when you have only seen each other 12 months in 3 years) has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do. 

I love Thailand, I'm so happy to finally go back to where is home in my heart. 

I figure all you guys can relate to this pretty well. ... im still emotional about our interview date... 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Eye said:

Hi can anyone answer this for me? Before it's too late for us to do anything about it? Please

Tell him to log in the site and update his profile. 

Same thing I did after our previous k1,i updated my profile and it worked out

Edited by Abies

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Congratulations Abies. It shall end in praise.

Thanks Zaynab. I wish you and your husband well. Delay is not denial.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eye said:

Good morning everyone, our interview is tomorrow, I'd appreciate prayers and positive vibes. 

Also my husband did the registration for visa pick up and it pulled the information from when we did the DS-160 (we filed fiance initially), but it didn't let us put in his interview date of tomorrow, even though we put CR1/IR1. It just would only remember the DS-160. It told us to print the confirmation page but that confirmation page still shows DS-160 and an interview date of 2016. It's just not updating at all. Is this a problem?

Will they still let him into the Consular for the interview?

It would be better if you call the NVC to find out. It's quite a specific issue. I don't know if somebody here can help you with the information.

2 minutes ago, Abies said:

Tell him to log in the site and update his profile. 

Same thing I did after our previous k1 and it worked for me

We did that. Even changed his address to the new address, chose CR1/IR1 everything and still. 

2 minutes ago, Mike&Ella said:

It would be better if you call the NVC to find out. It's quite a specific issue. I don't know if somebody here can help you with the information.

Ok thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.