audaud

Can we schedule our interview? K1

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

i didn't interview recently but I read all the topics. I do not know where print out of DS-160 came from in this forum. That has never been necessary. The form is in the system. You can bring the confirmation you get after submitting online for a reference of your number. I think maybe that got turned into "printout of whole form". Any confirmation print of things like booking interview, paying visa fee, courier scheduling are not visa documents, but can ease your flow through the interview day on the chance that a question may come up. 

Probably 100 people have said no photocopies of your personal documents are actually collected. This goes back a couple of years. Bring them if you are the nervous type.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

From the website:

You are required to obtain the original or certified copy, and one photocopy (with the exception of your passport and photographs) of the following documents:

• Passport – unexpired passport valid for 2 months beyond your intended date of entry into the US
  • Photographs – 2 colour VISA photo’s taken within the last 6 months
  • Birth Certificate / Adoption Certificate (If applicable) - Obtain the original or certified copy. We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate.  The certificate must list both parents’ names
  • Police Certificate for the UK / Certificates for other countries (if applicable)
  • Evidence of Support - K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form.  However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer.
  • VISA Fees

Other docs IF APPLICABLE:

• Deed Poll
  • Divorce Decree / Death Certificate
  • Court / Prison Records
  • Military Records
  • Translations
  • Petition Affirmation Letter – required if your petition has expired

It would be nice to hear from someone who had an interview recently, to confirm if the website is up to date, if indeed you do need photocopies, and do need to take a print out of the DS-160. Since the VISA application is in their system, I'm not sure why you would need to take the print out, and the only place it's specifically mentioned is on this forum.

I interviewed at the start of the month and would say the list is pretty much accurate:

I needed:

- Confirmation of DS160 - not the whole form just the confirmation page they provide you with (you can't even enter the Embassy without this)
- Passport

- Birth Certificate
- Original ACRO Police Certificate
- I-134 Affidavit of support and evidence (I took W2 tax return from last year, letter from employer and payslips but they only took the first two)

- 1 x US style photo

You don't need anything to do with the fees as they are paid online when you submit DS-160 now, so you wouldn't be there if you hadn't paid.

I also took a spare photo and supporting evidence in case they asked re proof of relationship and confirmation of my choice to pay for Premium Courier delivery (printout of the email).

I didn't get approved on the day as I hadn't got a police certificate from Australia (requirement changed to 6 months + living in another country recently) but I have since sent that in. My status changed from Administrative Processing to Ready yesterday so hopefully all sorted now and waiting for it to be changed to 'Issued' and get the confirmation of the courier. 

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions :)

59 minutes ago, ds36 said:

You don't need anything to do with the fees as they are paid online when you submit DS-160 now, so you wouldn't be there if you hadn't paid.

I just submitted our DS-160 around a week ago but didn’t pay anything :s I assumed you still had to go through the other websites to book / pay the MRV fee?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, audaud said:

I just submitted our DS-160 around a week ago but didn’t pay anything :s I assumed you still had to go through the other websites to book / pay the MRV fee?

Oh it must be when you book the interview you pay then! 

I would go ahead and book if I were you, you just need your Case Ref (LNDxxxxxx) which I presume you have since you booked the medical and then one of the confirmation numbers from your DS160 submission. 

As one of the other guys said, if the system lets you book it then just do it (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/users/sign_in) - be sure to leave plenty time between medical and interview.

I think I booked my interview for 2.5 weeks after my medical as that was the earliest appointment available anyway!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, ds36 said:

Oh it must be when you book the interview you pay then! 

I would go ahead and book if I were you, you just need your Case Ref (LNDxxxxxx) which I presume you have since you booked the medical and then one of the confirmation numbers from your DS160 submission. 

As one of the other guys said, if the system lets you book it then just do it (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/users/sign_in) - be sure to leave plenty time between medical and interview.

I think I booked my interview for 2.5 weeks after my medical as that was the earliest appointment available anyway!

thank you! this has helped a lot. so you didn't photocopy anything?

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline
13 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

thank you! this has helped a lot. so you didn't photocopy anything?

I had made photocopies just in case of need but I kept them all in my bag and they just took the originals and I think took a copy or scanned them as I got all the originals back when I left :) 

Timeline
On 20/06/2018 at 2:43 PM, LeesaMarie said:

I appreciate you commenting, I had just been hoping for some reassurance from someone who went through the process in the last month or so with regards to scheduling the exam and interview.

We had our interview 2 days ago if you want to ask anything

Timeline
1 hour ago, fip & jim said:

We had our interview 2 days ago if you want to ask anything

hey! trust everything went well? how long was your case at nvc for? did you schedule your medical before you got your letter from the embassy? 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Timeline
4 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

hey! trust everything went well? how long was your case at nvc for? did you schedule your medical before you got your letter from the embassy? 

We got approved.

We got NOA2 on March 30th.

Case left NVC May 4th.

Received at London embassy May 10th.

No, I didn't book the medical before we received the letter. Because of my son's condition I wanted to make sure I had the correct information from them, then I took the appointment they offered us 4 weeks ahead. We could have had an earlier appointment but I needed that time to get reports from various sources & prepare my son for it.

Knightsbridge need your case number starting LND to book your appointment. That's on the embassy letter. I don't know if there's a way to obtain that number before the letter arrives. I wasn't in a rush to book so I never tried to find out.

How long has your case been at NVC?

Timeline

I just read through the thread again -

You can book ahead at Knightsbridge if you have the correct case numbers. If you need to cancel you will incur a charge, I think it's £90 if you cancel within 3 days of your scheduled appointment, from what I remember.

I booked our embassy appointment before our medical. I was keeping an eye on availability for a few weeks. An appointment became available for June 21st & I took it. That left 10 days between the medical & embassy appointments, plenty of time for the medical notes to be sent over. 

Our case left NVC on May 4th & we received the letter from the embassy on May 11th. From my experience, London is well run & efficient at processing. Appointments are allocated on a first come first serve basis for both. There are more people going for medicals than applying for K1s so it's difficult to get an appointment soon. When I checked with Knightsbridge they were booking 3 weeks ahead at the earliest. If all goes smoothly you could potentially have a consulate interview within 4 weeks of them receiving your case. I like to allow for errors or hold ups so I planned this stage would take 5 weeks. Like anything in this process though - until that visa is in my hand I'm not making definite plans. I've got the shipping company keen for me to confirm our booking for mid-July but I'm not committing to anything until the visas are delivered & I've checked it's all in order. What's a couple of weeks more wait by this point? :) 

Are you guys up to date with your vaccines? I never had MMR because I'm too old (I mean that wasn't available for my generation) so I have to get that done. From what I've been reading it's booster shots of tetanus & MMR that are most commonly needed. They are free on the NHS here & then you can get that signed off. The requirements are 2 MMR vaccine & a tetanus within the past 10 years. 

Timeline
On 24/06/2018 at 5:06 AM, fip & jim said:

Our case left NVC on May 4th & we received the letter from the embassy on May 11th.

That's a relief. I was thinking I'd be waiting weeks and week once it left the NVC.

Are you guys up to date with your vaccines? 

Yep yep! Had all of the required in 2013 when I went to the Dominican actually, and dad my second MMR jab last Thursday. I'm waiting for my doctor to sign off some letters RE: mental health (which hopefully can pick up on tomorrow), and I believe I have everything I need.

Thanks so much for letting me know how you went through the process!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

I'm waiting for my doctor to sign off some letters RE: mental health (which hopefully can pick up on tomorrow), and I believe I have everything I need.

Thanks so much for letting me know how you went through the process!

My son has autism so I was really worried about the medical but it was fine. They are very nice at Knightsbridge. Sounds like you're fully prepared. Good luck!

I just read through the thread again -

You can book ahead at Knightsbridge if you have the correct case numbers. If you need to cancel you will incur a charge, I think it's £90 if you cancel within 3 days of your scheduled appointment, from what I remember.

I booked our embassy appointment before our medical. I was keeping an eye on availability for a few weeks. An appointment became available for June 21st & I took it. That left 10 days between the medical & embassy appointments, plenty of time for the medical notes to be sent over. 

Our case left NVC on May 4th & we received the letter from the embassy on May 11th. From my experience, London is well run & efficient at processing. Appointments are allocated on a first come first serve basis for both. There are more people going for medicals than applying for K1s so it's difficult to get an appointment soon. When I checked with Knightsbridge they were booking 3 weeks ahead at the earliest. If all goes smoothly you could potentially have a consulate interview within 4 weeks of them receiving your case. I like to allow for errors or hold ups so I planned this stage would take 5 weeks. Like anything in this process though - until that visa is in my hand I'm not making definite plans. I've got the shipping company keen for me to confirm our booking for mid-July but I'm not committing to anything until the visas are delivered & I've checked it's all in order. What's a couple of weeks more wait by this point? :) 

Are you guys up to date with your vaccines? I never had MMR because I'm too old (I mean that wasn't available for my generation) so I have to get that done. From what I've been reading it's booster shots of tetanus & MMR that are most commonly needed. They are free on the NHS here & then you can get that signed off. The requirements are 2 MMR vaccine & a tetanus within the past 10 years. 

Hi there, 

We've already booked our medical for the 25th July but want to book our interview as soon as possible. If we get an earlier date for our interview...is it possible for Knightsbridge to see us sooner before our interview date?

Thank you

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Carol79 said:

Hi there, 

We've already booked our medical for the 25th July but want to book our interview as soon as possible. If we get an earlier date for our interview...is it possible for Knightsbridge to see us sooner before our interview date?

Thank you

I doubt that very much. You can try calling them every day to see if they have cancellations. It's best to schedule the embassy interview with 5 working days at the minimum from the medical. The medical is the hardest part, in my experience. All the visa applications in England have to go through Knightsbridge. It is possible but not advisable. You need to get this stage right. I can only advise from experience. 

4 hours ago, fip & jim said:

I doubt that very much. You can try calling them every day to see if they have cancellations. It's best to schedule the embassy interview with 5 working days at the minimum from the medical. The medical is the hardest part, in my experience. All the visa applications in England have to go through Knightsbridge. It is possible but not advisable. You need to get this stage right. I can only advise from experience. 

Thank you. I think I'll just call every day to check for cancellations. If anything we'll just have to wait and be patient until after the medical. 

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.