Enigmatic

Visitor B2 Visa for parents after getting my Green Card

21 posts in this topic

The CO seemed more interested in your background than your parent's circumstances. Did you AOS from an F1 or a B2, which could be a flag? 

And the country they interviewed in matters because certain country nationals interviewing for a B2 visit to take care of grandkids which many COs see as a no-no in the current era (taking away a job from a US worker). 

As others have said, without any material change in parents' circumstances, another try will likely lead to another denial. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

11 hours ago, Enigmatic said:

Hello All,

I have received my Green Card recently, and want to apply for B2 visa for my parents. They were rejected first time, while they applied during my green card adjustment of status period. They also self sponsored that time, and now I want to sponsor for their visa.

My question is, have anybody gone through similar scenario? What is the likelihood of their getting visa?

Any kind of suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You cannot "sponsor" your parents for a tourist visa.  They apply and will be responsible to show their serious ties to their home country or they will be denied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, aleful said:

hi

their tourist visa has nothing to do with your process. yes they might have to disclose that you are in an immigration process if asked, but they will get the tourist visa based on their own merits, showing strong ties to their country

Appreciated..Thank u so much. Can u kindly tell me how long does it take to get a tourist visa?? Becoz I have plan to travel there around August time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well it varies, they should apply now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 5 months later...

Update: My parents got visa on their 2nd attempt! Thanks to the almighty and all of you with your valuable opinions.

Few things I would like to mention here, if anybody is following this thread:
1. This time I have shown myself as the person paying for the journey. I have sent i-134 as well, though they did not ask for it.
2. It looks like my Green Card DO has something to do with it. Unlike lot of the posts say that they almost surely ask for 'the reason of reapplying' and 'if anything has changed for the applicant', no such questions were asked. They have wanted to know about me, how I went (F1 visa), what I am doing now etc. and asked for my immigration status documents. My parents have given them my green card copy, PP copy, job authentication letter and a pay-stub that I sent to them. No other document related to my parents were asked.
3. While nobody knows for sure how the system works, my suggestion for those who are reapplying would be to wait for several months before reapplying. Finally, even if nothing else changes for your relative, they can still get visa if something changes for you! So keep faith and give it a shot! Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.