724 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, mrkrabbs said:

I got my appointment letter now aswell. It's for July 26th! I wonder if we should carry a copy of expired green card and extension notice to get biometrics done. My greencard number is the same EAC1728400XXX, with NOA of 7/10/17 and biometrics sept 29( had to reschedule since they sent the first biometrics appt to the wrong address).Filing online is so much easier and better than mailing, did a mistake that I got useless lawyers for greencard ROC who didn't bother telling me that I was supposed to receive a biometric appointment within 3 weeks. Wish I had filed online myself, would have saved $ and time. Either way, I do hope we get through within 6 months for citizenship and assuming we will receive our greencard by next month (hope not to receive citizenship prior, which will make the green card useless)

Hrmph!

Now I'm worried. I filed my wife's N400 online a day before both of you, but I haven't received anything.

Maybe the 319(b) is tripping them up?

F1 > H1B > LPR

03/21/2009 - Got married to my beautiful wife

04/01/2009 - 04/11/2009 - Prepared all USCIS immigration forms and documents

04/11/2009 - Mailed (Fedex) I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A, and I-131(Expedite) to Chicago Lockbox

04/14/2009 - Received by USCIS and signed for by J CHYBA

04/23/2009 - Received 4 NOA1 letters in mail (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131)

04/27/2009 - Received Biometrics appointment letter. Date set for 05/13/09

05/05/2009 - Biometrics done early (12 minutes)

06/03/2009 - Case status for I-485, I-131, and I-765 available and updated online

06/03/2009 - EAD status online: "Card Production Ordered"

06/03/2009 - AP status online: "Approval Notice Sent"

06/04/2009 - Interview letter received in the mail. Letter issued on 05/29. Interview date set for 07/15/2009

06/08/2009 - Received AP Travel document in the mail.

06/21/2009 - Received EAD card in the mail

07/15/2009 - Interviewed. Went well. IO said, "your case seems approvable..."

07/16/2009 - I-485 Status Update: Card Production Ordered.

07/20/2009 - "Welcome Letter" & "I-130 approval letter" received in the mail.

07/27/2009 - GC in the mail

6 minutes ago, edcokpareke said:

Hrmph!

Now I'm worried. I filed my wife's N400 online a day before both of you, but I haven't received anything.

I read online it can take upto 5 days from notification to update the documents online. If you don't see anything by Friday, give them a call and they'll address it. Not sure if 319(b) will cause any issues as at this point they haven't even touched your documents, they will review your file right when they schedule you for interview I guess, but be alert if you don't raise your concern with them now, you might have to wait months for biometric like I had to for my removal of conditions where they mailed them at the wrong address and I kept thinking I will get it eventually

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 8:17 AM, edcokpareke said:

Hello everyone

I have a question about our unique N-400 filing situation. I say "unique" because I've been reading these boards, and I haven't yet come across any other couple who are filing under the same circumstances as us.

I just filed an N-400 online on July 2nd, on behalf of my wife, under INA 319(b) provisions which allows a citizen's spouse to apply for naturalization IMMEDIATELY after becoming a permanent resident. No conditions, no wait times, nothing. This provision is available for those married to citizens who work overseas for the US government, US companies, the US military, etc. I guess this provision is in place because it'd be impossible to meet all the conditional and residency requirements if your citizen spouse is posted overseas.

Any other July filers in this situation? If so, it'd be good to compare notes as the process unfolds.

Thanks

Hi edcokpareke,

Yes, I'm a July filer in the same situation. My husband and I received government orders for the UK in September. I made the 3 year mark after moving here. I just applied for my N-400 with guidance from USCIS London. I filed under INA 319(e) because USCIS London decided that our government orders were military orders (my husband is also in the military). I mailed my application to the Chicago Military Team on July 3. I'm a little worried that it's been 7 calendar days and USCIS hasn't cashed my $725 check.  Has your check been cashed? Yes, it'd be great to compare notes over time.

SabineGriffin

Edited by SabineGriffin

On 7/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, mrkrabbs said:

I got my biometrics update last Saturday but don't see the biometrics letter under documents section where the notice says it will be uploaded. Not sure if they messed up again. Any one else faced this issue where they saw they were scheduled for biometrics and didn't see the letter uploaded under documents section? (online filers only). Also, anyone else filed while their ROC is pending?

Hey! So I randomly checked the USCIS.gov website today and it said my husband's green card is being produced but the dhs website hasn't changed and we got no email so make sure you are checking everything.

7 hours ago, edcokpareke said:

Hrmph!

I hope it gets approved very soon; maybe because they are actually reviewing for approval immediately it takes a little longer? Good luck, it's really nice to be part of a community all going through a similar wade through the waist-high red tape!

1 hour ago, Jenny & Chris said:

Hey! So I randomly checked the USCIS.gov website today and it said my husband's green card is being produced but the dhs website hasn't changed and we got no email so make sure you are checking everything.

I usually check the uscis.gov website and it still shows "On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence..." Are you in the 284 range aswell? They might be giving priority to N400 applicants now, so I hope mine will be coming up soon (unless they 're randomly picking people) 

2 minutes ago, mrkrabbs said:

I usually check the uscis.gov website and it still shows "On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence..." Are you in the 284 range aswell? They might be giving priority to N400 applicants now, so I hope mine will be coming up soon (unless they 're randomly picking people) 

not even in the range...exactly EAC 17284xxxxx

Just now, Jenny & Chris said:

not even in the range...exactly EAC 17284xxxxx

Wow. Congrats! Not sure how they are randomly picking people as some May filers are still waiting. I hope I get to hear some news by tomorrow or Thursday atleast. I am guessing they are processing N400 filers asap

Just now, mrkrabbs said:

Wow. Congrats! Not sure how they are randomly picking people as some May filers are still waiting. I hope I get to hear some news by tomorrow or Thursday atleast. I am guessing they are processing N400 filers asap

Fingers crossed!!! Hopefully it is triggered by N-400 filing...definitely let us know! Where is your local office for the N-400 filing?

2 minutes ago, Jenny & Chris said:

Fingers crossed!!! Hopefully it is triggered by N-400 filing...definitely let us know! Where is your local office for the N-400 filing?

It's in Newark NJ. Not sure how fast they process apps, but it shows 9 to 13 months for current processing times. So, I am assuming it'll be done by March next year

2 minutes ago, mrkrabbs said:

It's in Newark NJ. Not sure how fast they process apps, but it shows 9 to 13 months for current processing times. So, I am assuming it'll be done by March next year

10.5 to 20 months here so who knows???? Hoping for May or June?

1 minute ago, Jenny & Chris said:

10.5 to 20 months here so who knows???? Hoping for May or June?

Also, just checked the USCIS app, out of all the filers, just one shows card is being produced as of July 10. You guys got lucky! It's like one in 100's of apps. Not sure how many others applied for N400 there. I am in the 200 range there, not sure how long I'll have to wait lol 

Filed: Timeline

For those that already submitted their application based on marriage to U.S. citizen (3 year) what documents did you submit online? Besides green card, marriage certificate, birth certificate/passport of U.S. citizen spouse

Same documents as for I-751 + evidence from previous year (when applied for AOS) + evidence post-I-751 submission?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, qfbariza said:

For those that already submitted their application based on marriage to U.S. citizen (3 year) what documents did you submit online? Besides green card, marriage certificate, birth certificate/passport of U.S. citizen spouse

Same documents as for I-751 + evidence from previous year (when applied for AOS) + evidence post-I-751 submission?

Thanks!

if you login your account at dhs.gov,  going through all the questions there, you will know exactly what you need

1 hour ago, mrkrabbs said:

Also, just checked the USCIS app, out of all the filers, just one shows card is being produced as of July 10. You guys got lucky! It's like one in 100's of apps. Not sure how many others applied for N400 there. I am in the 200 range there, not sure how long I'll have to wait lol 

it is not by sequence of priority date,  you could get approved much earlier than those who have earlier priority date,  who knows

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.