7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a software engineer.  My wife has filed an I-130 application for my IR-1 spousal visa.  I have heard that some people are put into administrative processing, and asked for their CV, at the interview if they work in a technology-related field.  

To avoid this, is it possible to send my resume in with other NVC documents, so that they can do the administrative processing on my background before I am assigned an interview date?

inviting @pushbrk  to answer    :)

Thank you

Edited by darth vader

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, darth vader said:

Hello,

I am a software engineer.  My wife has filed an I-130 application for my IR-1 spousal visa.  I have heard that some people are put into administrative processing, and asked for their CV, at the interview if they work in a technology-related field.  

To avoid this, is it possible to send my resume in with other NVC documents, so that they can do the administrative processing on my background before I am assigned an interview date?

Thank you

You certainly can send it, which means they can do whatever they want with it, but since NVC sets the interview date, not the Consulate, and the Consulate decides about AP, there's no assurance sending it will do any good.  It won't hurt.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, darth vader said:

Hello,

Thank you

You will need your CV for your interview and they might ask updated CV in their format. Although I brought my CV, they asked me to resubmit with their format and then after 1 month AP, they asked for updated CV again including address, phone number etc. of universities and companies. 

7 minutes ago, Gloriazlh said:

You will need your CV for your interview and they might ask updated CV in their format. Although I brought my CV, they asked me to resubmit with their format and then after 1 month AP, they asked for updated CV again including address, phone number etc. of universities and companies. 

If you don't mind me asking, why were you put into CV administrative processing?  Do you have an advanced degree (e.g. PhD) or work in a highly technological or biology-related field?

Timeline
Just now, darth vader said:

If you don't mind me asking, why were you put into CV administrative processing?  Do you have an advanced degree (e.g. PhD) or work in a highly technological or biology-related field?

Actually not CV AP, we needed to submit documents of a new joint sponsor. And yes, I have Ph.D. in Informatics (AI), which caused me always put in AP even for B1/B2. 

7 minutes ago, Gloriazlh said:

Actually not CV AP, we needed to submit documents of a new joint sponsor. And yes, I have Ph.D. in Informatics (AI), which caused me always put in AP even for B1/B2. 

Sorry for prying so much, but was your B1/B2 visa approved after you were placed into AP? 

I hope you get your visa soon! :)   Best wishes!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Sorry for prying so much, but was your B1/B2 visa approved after you were placed into AP? 

I hope you get your visa soon! :)   Best wishes!

Yes,normally after 4 weeks AP, visas were approved. But this F2A AP is too slow ... already waited for 3 months :/ Thanks, and hope you have a smooth progress. 

Edited by Gloriazlh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.