LeesaMarie

Medical Summary [INFO - Please Read]

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi all,

I have asked for a post like this to be stickied, but have not had a response from anyone.

Please see below for relevant information regarding medical summaries:

If you are registered on https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/ (most GPS are doing this), you can view, and print your own summary. If you don't have access to the full summary (I only have access to vaccines and current medications), you can request your GP to print this off for you instead. This is not your medical history, and should be no longer than 10 pages.

I heard a story of someone saying it can take a couple of weeks to come back, I personally didn't receive mine after calling (I waited 5 days), so I went to my surgery in the afternoon, and waited there until they printed it out for me. There's no reason for this to take that long at all. It's not a massive letter or anything, it's just a print out of significant history.

I've attached an example of what it is that's being requested, however, what you'll receive from your doctor is an A4 print out, which should only be a page or 2. I'm 30 and have had a few doctors visits, my print out was 2 pages which included recent blood tests.

I will post a comment of the e-mail I had from Knightsbridge confirming this also.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

5ab26d1eb616c_MedicalRecord-SummaryScreen.jpg.8e1b93ced4f50b92a5374428c532c67b.jpg

"Dear Lisa, 

Thank you for your email. 

As we are a third party medical group we do not have access to any patient or NHS records. A patient summary is a requirement for the US Embassy London and is needed to complete your paperwork. We appreciate this can be difficult to obtain. 

It is a patient summary we are looking for (care summary), and this should be no longer than 10 pages. This summary will outline any health issues you may have had previously and any on-going issues you may currently have, including any medication you are taking. Please note, we do not need your entire medical history. 

You will be able to print this yourself on Patient Access - once you register your NHS number. 

I hope this email is helpful, any further queries please get in direct contact. 

Please see the link below which may also be useful. 
https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/medical-examination/"

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline

I had similar problems. The surgery staff were completely baffled (like no-one ever emigrates). I asked for a covering letter for my son's condition, well in advance (4 weeks), only got it yesterday, our medical is on Monday. 

I'd advise anyone to take a print out of the information Knightsbridge doctors email you when you book your appointment & take it to the GPs when you ask for this. Mine also wanted a letter from me requesting the various documents. Apparently asking in person isn't enough, even if you have ID on you. 

Thanks for posting. I've found this part of the process very stressful, waiting for them to get the documents done. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

I had similar problems. The surgery staff were completely baffled (like no-one ever emigrates). I asked for a covering letter for my son's condition, well in advance (4 weeks), only got it yesterday, our medical is on Monday. 

I'd advise anyone to take a print out of the information Knightsbridge doctors email you when you book your appointment & take it to the GPs when you ask for this. Mine also wanted a letter from me requesting the various documents. Apparently asking in person isn't enough, even if you have ID on you. 

Thanks for posting. I've found this part of the process very stressful, waiting for them to get the documents done. 

You're most welcome! 

Some other advice I would give is to bypass the receptionists and speak directly to your doctor if you have to.

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

Some other advice I would give is to bypass the receptionists and speak directly to your doctor if you have to.

I tried that first of all. No appointments this month, try in 4 weeks! Anyway, we have the documents now. I may need a doctor by the end of this. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I must have been lucky, I just called up asking for a print out of my patient summary and picked it up 10 minutes later.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MLR14 said:

I must have been lucky, I just called up asking for a print out of my patient summary and picked it up 10 minutes later.

This is how it should be! :) 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Posting again for visibility. 

You do not need to your entire medical history.

On 17/07/2018 at 3:23 PM, LeesaMarie said:

Posting again for visibility. 

You do not need to your entire medical history.

Help!!!!

Im having a nightmare with my GP surgery. I’ve asked for a patient summary and they have given me full records. I went back and said I needed a summary, just a few pages but she said that was all she could print. I told the receptionist that it’s too much (38 pages) and she said that that was the summary and there’s nothing else they can print for me.

Im at my wits end! They do not have one of those online type website things so I don’t know what to do! Do I pull out the pages that are relevant and just take those with me?

Timeline
1 hour ago, cazzz84 said:

Help!!!!

Im having a nightmare with my GP surgery. I’ve asked for a patient summary and they have given me full records. I went back and said I needed a summary, just a few pages but she said that was all she could print. I told the receptionist that it’s too much (38 pages) and she said that that was the summary and there’s nothing else they can print for me.

Im at my wits end! They do not have one of those online type website things so I don’t know what to do! Do I pull out the pages that are relevant and just take those with me?

hey, did you speak to the actual doctor? or practice manager? I know they have issues with printing sometimes, does the first page have any summary at all? I'm hoping what they've printed for you is the summary plus your history. try and speak to a doctor, someone who actually can access your medical records rather than the receptionist.

I would personally speak to Knightsbridge and advise them what your gp is saying and see what they suggest if you don't get anywhere with them.

do you have any prev. health conditions at all or significant issues?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, cazzz84 said:

Just take what you have and tell Knightsbridge to deal with it. The embassy doesn't want to read your files or summary. This is a  newish Knightsbridge thing that I am guessing is to let them catch you out if you wanted to lie on the questionnaire. Hundreds of us got visas with no medical summary other than immunisations. 

2 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

hey, did you speak to the actual doctor? or practice manager? I know they have issues with printing sometimes, does the first page have any summary at all? I'm hoping what they've printed for you is the summary plus your history. try and speak to a doctor, someone who actually can access your medical records rather than the receptionist.

I would personally speak to Knightsbridge and advise them what your gp is saying and see what they suggest if you don't get anywhere with them.

do you have any prev. health conditions at all or significant issues?

12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Just take what you have and tell Knightsbridge to deal with it. The embassy doesn't want to read your files or summary. This is a  newish Knightsbridge thing that I am guessing is to let them catch you out if you wanted to lie on the questionnaire. Hundreds of us got visas with no medical summary other than immunisations. 

Thank you, I’m going to call tomorrow and make an appointment with the GP because I’m not getting anywhere with the reception staff.

I have an under active thyroid which I take medication for but that’s all currently. The only other significant thing I can think of is that I had mumps about 5 years ago.

I’m also going to call Knightsbridge and see what they suggest if I’m getting nowhere.

Timeline

Hi All,

I am having a LOT of trouble with this Summary Care Record that we need for the medical examination.

Our case arrived at the embassy around 23rd May and although I have all documents, my GP has made me wait 2 months for a summary that I don’t even have. 

Because I am a healthy person, I haven’t attended the GP, I only went to get my contraceptive injection.

This week after nearly two months I have received a letter saying they tried to contact me (which they haven’t - they put my phone number wrong in the system😡)AND THAT THEY DON’T HAVE MY MEDICAL RECORDS AT PRESENT. From what I have researched, the summary is an electronic document which can be printed off only by assigned people in the GP.  Few minutes later I was calling the NHS complain line to ask what is going on. After another 5h of waiting, I found out there is no medical record for me becaue I haven’t received any treatment....

Basically they don’t have anything to print out for me and they wasted 2 months of my time, and added two more weeks (or GOD knows how long) trying to get another letter from them saying I don’t have any medical record. On top of that, I tried to get at least access online to print out whatever was there. Guess what? The GP do not give any access anymore( I have no idea why) although the website says they do. The practice manager didn’t even want to talk to me even though I have been very diplomatic and tried to solve all of this in a fast and nice way. One of the receptionist informed me about the fact that they have to take that information down from their website.

Meanwhile during all this, I contacted the visa medical medicals, but their response was that they need the summary and if not that they will request it after they contact my GP. 😖My case expires on 1st September, and I really don’t want my GP to screw it again and have me waiting for another month so that I would end up extending my visa case date.

Anyone in my situation? Any advice?

Sorry for the lengthy message...

I am very frustrated with this situation...

70AB5EF5-F01F-4EB9-92DD-F3CB11B05E76.jpeg

Edited by AlexaF

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AlexaF said:

Hi All,

I am having a LOT of trouble with this Summary Care Record that we need for the medical examination.

Our case arrived at the embassy around 23rd May and although I have all documents, my GP has made me wait 2 months for a summary that I don’t even have. 

Because I am a healthy person, I haven’t attended the GP, I only went to get my contraceptive injection.

This week after nearly two months I have received a letter saying they tried to contact me (which they haven’t - they put my phone number wrong in the system😡)AND THAT THEY DON’T HAVE MY MEDICAL RECORDS AT PRESENT. From what I have researched, the summary is an electronic document which can be printed off only by assigned people in the GP.  Few minutes later I was calling the NHS complain line to ask what is going on. After another 5h of waiting, I found out there is no medical record for me becaue I haven’t received any treatment....

Basically they don’t have anything to print out for me and they wasted 2 months of my time, and added two more weeks (or GOD knows how long) trying to get another letter from them saying I don’t have any medical record. On top of that, I tried to get at least access online to print out whatever was there. Guess what? The GP do not give any access anymore( I have no idea why) although the website says they do. The practice manager didn’t even want to talk to me even though I have been very diplomatic and tried to solve all of this in a fast and nice way. One of the receptionist informed me about the fact that they have to take that information down from their website.

Meanwhile during all this, I contacted the visa medical medicals, but their response was that they need the summary and if not that they will request it after they contact my GP. 😖My case expires on 1st September, and I really don’t want my GP to screw it again and have me waiting for another month so that I would end up extending my visa case date.

Anyone in my situation? Any advice?

Sorry for the lengthy message...

I am very frustrated with this situation...

70AB5EF5-F01F-4EB9-92DD-F3CB11B05E76.jpeg

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. They have not understood your request at all. So, when you register with a new surgery they are supposed to notify your previous surgery (if you provided that detail), and they then send over any details they have.

Are you still registered at the previous surgery? Are you able to make an appointment to see the GP at that one, and explain you need a print out of what he sees on his screen when he gets your patient file up?

If not, make an appointment at your new surgery and tell them you need a screenshot, or a letter from the GP saying, there are no ongoing conditions, and they are not aware of any significant problems. 

You are looking for something that looks like this:

87ugvXv.jpg?1

Feel free to show this to them as an example

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. They have not understood your request at all. So, when you register with a new surgery they are supposed to notify your previous surgery (if you provided that detail), and they then send over any details they have.

Are you still registered at the previous surgery? Are you able to make an appointment to see the GP at that one, and explain you need a print out of what he sees on his screen when he gets your patient file up?

If not, make an appointment at your new surgery and tell them you need a screenshot, or a letter from the GP saying, there are no ongoing conditions, and they are not aware of any significant problems. 

You are looking for something that looks like this:

87ugvXv.jpg?1

Feel free to show this to them as an example

Thank you so much for your fast reply.

I have been registered for 4 months with this surgery, my previous surgery doesn’t have anything on me. The Summary Care Record is an online record to use in case you need emergency care - it will show up at any hospital, GP in U.K. etc . The lady from the NHS and my mother (nurse) have inquired and it sums up that there is nothing to print. I have my vaccinations record from my birth country( GP had them but failed to even put on the system).

They will write for me another letter showing I am an inactive patient, no medical records because I don’t have or had any disease, treatments. The form request for the letter said 14 to 28 days waiting time. Plus they charge me a fee every time I asked to put something on the letter. Something that could have been printed in less than 10 min. So help me God! I will find out at my medical examination on 8th of August.

Edited by AlexaF

Timeline
1 minute ago, AlexaF said:

Thank you so much for your fast reply.

I have been registered for 4 months with this surgery, my previous surgery doesn’t have anything on me. The Summary Care Record is an online record to use in case you need emergency care - it will show up at any hospital, GP in U.K. etc . The lady from the NHS and my mother (nurse) have inquired and it sums up that there is nothing to print. I have my vaccinations record from my birth country( GP had them but failed to even put on the system).

They will write for me another letter showing I am an inactive patient, no medical records because I didn’t have or had any disease, treatments. The form request for the letter said 14 to 28 days waiting time. Something that could have been printed in less than 10 min. So help me God! I will find out at my medical examination on 8th of August.

Yeah, it's an online record. Not all places give you full access, but the online record is like a mirror portal of what the GP sees when they pull up your file. What get's printed isn't from your online access account, it's from their systems.

If there were no significant issues or anything, then the headers would be there, but nothing underneath it if that makes sense. So mine was printed from my GP as I only had access to my medication history, and immunizations. It just took them a while to figure out how to do it lol.

Hopefully they will get you that letter, and from what I've read that letter will suffice. The doctors there are pretty understanding, so I'm sure if you explain the situation, they can do what they think is needed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.