508 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jesusboy said:

The partial shutdown is a factor. At my interview on Friday, our IO told us that the Department of State is partially working for now. Meanwhile, that's the department in charge of Green Card production. One thing I know is that it is likely than not for September and October filers to start getting interview notifications, starting from the fourth week in January. This is based on the fact that the Houston field office seems to have picked up a considerable pace lately. Just relax, it will come.

USCIS is fee based. Nothing to do with government shutdown. DOS works with USCIS applications? 

How do know about 4th week notifications? Or was it your speculations?

I thought green cards are coming from NBC like EADs?

2 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

USCIS is fee based. Nothing to do with government shutdown. DOS works with USCIS applications? 

How do know about 4th week notifications? Or was it your speculations?

I thought green cards are coming from NBC like EADs?

It has something to do with the shutdown. This is how?

After your interview is completed and approved, they send the approval to the Department of homeland security ( I Meant DHS not the department of state)  who will then initiate Card production. This must happen before the NBC eventually issues your card. ( EAD or GC). Right now, DHS is partially working and part of the departments affected is the Citizenship and Immigration Services.

My prediction is based on personal research, experiences from other forum, as well as what I saw on ground during my interview.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jesusboy said:

It has something to do with the shutdown. This is how?

After your interview is completed and approved, they send the approval to the Department of homeland security ( I Meant DHS not the department of state)  who will then initiate Card production. This must happen before the NBC eventually issues your card. ( EAD or GC). Right now, DHS is partially working and part of the departments affected is the Citizenship and Immigration Services.

My prediction is based on personal research, experiences from other forum, as well as what I saw on ground during my interview.

The shutdown would delay card production only though not the actual wait for interview.

We had our interview last week Friday and it was the smoothest thing since the beginning of the process. We had a female IO, asked just a few questions but didn't ask for the new medical( although we had it with us ). In fact, she didn't ask for a lot of things. In the end, she recommended the case for approval because she is not yet a supervisor. On Monday, status changed to case approved and yesterday, status changed to "card picked up by the post office".

I give God all the glory.

I pray for favor and speedy approval for everyone on this platform that is still expecting either their EAD or GC or just starting the process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Those that had an interview already.

Which YES/NO questions were asked from the I-485 form?

Any of them are fair game...they should all hopefully be no or have a really really good explanation anyway if you’ve made it this far..

Timeline
2 hours ago, Track13 said:

Any of them are fair game...they should all hopefully be no or have a really really good explanation anyway if you’ve made it this far..

Which ones did they ask you?

10 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Which ones did they ask you?

All of them in order, don't be afraid. You are fine.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, NancyNguyen said:

All of them in order, don't be afraid. You are fine.

I heard sometimes they only ask few out of all.

22 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Is USCIS open on MLK day?

Nope

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

When do you think Houston will schedule interviews for September 2017?

You post every single day asking questions that no one can answer with certainty. Everyone just has to wait. Immigration is a waiting game. Be patient; it will come.

Timeline

I am seeing October 2017 getting their interviews scheduled. So excited.

Meanwhile, my SR got updated from October 2018.

On January 22, 2019, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number (removed), was assigned to an officer for response.

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed personal information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.