508 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Nope, nothing still! We are renewing our EAD and AP, and that won't come for another few months I suspect, sooo not sure :rolleyes:

Unbelievable
Now am questioning if they're leaving older filers behind and handling newer ones or if things really are backed up this far!

7 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Unbelievable
Now am questioning if they're leaving older filers behind and handling newer ones or if things really are backed up this far!

I have learned several things along this journey:

1) Nobody really knows how they decide to process cases

2) Sometimes the difficulty of the case may impact the time it takes to process it (But ours has no complexity to it, so this isn't the case always)

3) Hurricane Harvey impacted their business last year, which meant they were down for a period of time.

4) Once Trump became president there has been an increase in applicants going from green card to citizenship, so their focus has been on the naturalization cases

5) Sometimes you get lucky and your file is placed in a pile that goes to a productive person

6) The processing time includes cases that have problems and are not closed out yet

7) People who come from certain countries have it easier

Timeline
1 hour ago, Selma and Nermin said:

I have learned several things along this journey:

1) Nobody really knows how they decide to process cases

2) Sometimes the difficulty of the case may impact the time it takes to process it (But ours has no complexity to it, so this isn't the case always)

3) Hurricane Harvey impacted their business last year, which meant they were down for a period of time.

4) Once Trump became president there has been an increase in applicants going from green card to citizenship, so their focus has been on the naturalization cases

5) Sometimes you get lucky and your file is placed in a pile that goes to a productive person

6) The processing time includes cases that have problems and are not closed out yet

7) People who come from certain countries have it easier

I agree with most of these
That's just standard immigration stuff there.
It's just irritating with our specific office and the bigger ones like Philly

Like this is the time to live in the middle of Iowa! lol

@JSWH  @emekus94I had an infopass today and the officer told me that my case was still at the NBC, and that they are currently processing January 2017 cases. He says it will be about 6 months until we get ours (June 2017 filed)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Selma and Nermin said:

@JSWH  @emekus94I had an infopass today and the officer told me that my case was still at the NBC, and that they are currently processing January 2017 cases. He says it will be about 6 months until we get ours (June 2017 filed)

OH MY GOSH
This cannot be happening
NBC doesn't process cases- Local offices does. Because there are those that filed Feb 2018 with GC's already. So with your case STILL at NBC, That means Houston hasn't even picked it up yet...

This is disappointing

19 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

OH MY GOSH
This cannot be happening
NBC doesn't process cases- Local offices does. Because there are those that filed Feb 2018 with GC's already. So with your case STILL at NBC, That means Houston hasn't even picked it up yet...

This is disappointing

Well I think he meant texas was processing Jan 2017 cases, and ours will process sometime in 6 months from now. I am guessing within the 6 month period, texas will be getting my case to schedule an interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Well I think he meant texas was processing Jan 2017 cases, and ours will process sometime in 6 months from now. I am guessing within the 6 month period, texas will be getting my case to schedule an interview.

This is very annoying
Well- either way, you are closer to the finish than you were last year so hang on!
End of the year is very soon for u!

17 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

This is very annoying
Well- either way, you are closer to the finish than you were last year so hang on!
End of the year is very soon for u!

Thanks! I really hope no one has to wait this long, it stinks :( 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Selma and Nermin said:

@Selma and Nermin, thanks for updating us. It's heartbreaking though... half year more, at least. So depressing. Did you speak with Tire 2 officer?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello Guys! I just want to share my timeline, I am a Houston Filler. 

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment
06/22/2018 - REF notification update
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX
07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website)

*All my updates are only for my I-485 form. all the other ones just appear as received*

Now what I need to do is wait... and wait, more.

Edited by JoAndLo

05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JoAndLo said:

Hello Guys! I just want to share my timeline, I am a Houston Filler. 

Now what I need to do is wait... and wait, more.

Welcome to the waiting Center :rofl:
I really hope we don't wait 18 months for GC when so many are rushing through in like 5-6 months!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just receive a Purple letter about my medicals... saying that they need me to bring it with me when I have the interview.

05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Timeline
5 hours ago, JoAndLo said:

I just receive a Purple letter about my medicals... saying that they need me to bring it with me when I have the interview.

Did you file for AOS after your medical expired?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/16/2018 at 10:50 AM, Selma and Nermin said:

We went for an infopass yesterday and it seems like we had the same officer cuz he told us exect same things, word by word. Case is still with the NBC; another 6-7 months to get and interview; no, there is nothing that could be done to speed up the process; yes K-1 visa holders are processed together with all other AOS applicants regardless of whether they have had the violations of the immigrations rules before, etc. Total waste of time. 
I cannot wait this mess to be over. We've been on this immigration journey since October 2016 when we filed for I-129F. About 500 pages of paperwork submitted along the way, almost 5.5K in filing fees (we have K-2 daughter), and it's still unclear when it will be over. Definitely one of the biggest tests of the endurance and patience in my life. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, JSWH said:

We went for an infopass yesterday and it seems like we had the same officer cuz he told us exect same things, word by word. Case is still with the NBC; another 6-7 months to get and interview; no, there is nothing that could be done to speed up the process; yes K-1 visa holders are processed together with all other AOS applicants regardless of whether they have had the violations of the immigrations rules before, etc. Total waste of time. 
I cannot wait this mess to be over. We've been on this immigration journey since October 2016 when we filed for I-129F. About 500 pages of paperwork submitted along the way, almost 5.5K in filing fees (we have K-2 daughter), and it's still unclear when it will be over. Definitely one of the biggest tests of the endurance and patience in my life. 

Welps then
That's definitely disappointing for those of us applying now.
Guess all Houstonians should buckle down. We're looking at 18 months for just a GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.