508 posts in this topic

I am creating this thread to help all of the Houston 2017 filers come together and share updates in one place. Since Houston is one of the most slowest offices currently, it would benefit all of us to communicate and share any experiences we are going through when it comes to the AOS from a K1 visa in Houston.

Please share any communications you have with Infopass associates or USCIS phone calls, and any other movement or changes with your case.

My current timeline:

AOS NOA1: 06/17/2017

Ready to be scheduled for interview: 07/18/2017

On old USCIS site: USCIS currently can't provide you with any information...: April 2018

Edited by Selma and Nermin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Either the office slowed down or they are taking their sweet time these days. We filed a little over 3 months prior to you and were done by December 2017.. can check our timeline below.. Guess in some way it shows how each case is different.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

I am creating this thread to help all of the Houston 2017 filers come together and share updates in one place. Since Houston is one of the most slowest offices currently, it would benefit all of us to communicate and share any experiences we are going through when it comes to the AOS from a K1 visa in Houston.

Please share any communications you have with Infopass associates or USCIS phone calls, and any other movement or changes with your case.

My current timeline:

AOS NOA1: 06/17/2017

Ready to be scheduled for interview: 07/18/2017

On old USCIS site: USCIS currently can't provide you with any information...: April 2018

Thanks for starting this.
LOL
We already talked about this but I'll be checking back in on here once I file my AOS so we can see how we're doing. 

Most likely will have AOS first week of July from what am gathering

55 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Either the office slowed down or they are taking their sweet time these days. We filed a little over 3 months prior to you and were done by December 2017.. can check our timeline below.. Guess in some way it shows how each case is different.

Yep, really strange. Hoping to get it at the one year mark like many others have gotten. 

48 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Thanks for starting this.
LOL
We already talked about this but I'll be checking back in on here once I file my AOS so we can see how we're doing. 

Most likely will have AOS first week of July from what am gathering

Good luck to you

Just spoke with a Tier 2 officer and was told by the lady that she will reach out to "them" and have a letter sent out to me with additional updates on my case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

I saw your timeline a while ago and felt somewhat jealous, though happy for you that you were done with USCIS so quickly. I believe your case was a rather rare exempt. Houston is outrageously slow. There are hundreds of people with PDs back in 2016 still waiting for their interviews. Yep, they are nearing a 2-year mark. 
Our PD is June 30, 2017. Still no word from USCIS. We sought help from a congressman in March. They were helpful but nothing has changed and we received a generic answer from USCIS. 
Submitted application for EAD/AP renewal recently and mentally preparing ourselves for another year or so of waiting. 

I honestly haven't seen anyone approved from the June and July 2017 time frame in Houston. It may be the system glitch they are having. Praying that we wake up soon and there will be a ton of interview dates being thrown our way!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JSWH said:

I saw your timeline a while ago and felt somewhat jealous, though happy for you that you were done with USCIS so quickly. I believe your case was a rather rare exempt. Houston is outrageously slow. There are hundreds of people with PDs back in 2016 still waiting for their interviews. Yep, they are nearing a 2-year mark. 
Our PD is June 30, 2017. Still no word from USCIS. We sought help from a congressman in March. They were helpful but nothing has changed and we received a generic answer from USCIS. 
Submitted application for EAD/AP renewal recently and mentally preparing ourselves for another year or so of waiting. 

That is interesting. Another couple, overall same as us, gay couple from Philippines, submitted there AOS finally (they waiting a while cause of money) I think like in... May-June of 2017 after us and think February they got the GC, so almost same 9-10 month time frame. That is kind of interesting though to know there are others that are almost at 2 years now.

02/03/2017 - Married 

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

That is interesting. Another couple, overall same as us, gay couple from Philippines, submitted there AOS finally (they waiting a while cause of money) I think like in... May-June of 2017 after us and think February they got the GC, so almost same 9-10 month time frame. That is kind of interesting though to know there are others that are almost at 2 years now.

I think different countries have something to do with it also

Timeline
Just now, Selma and Nermin said:

That is possible. It's hard to say exactly how they really process each case and does country come into play or what not.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

You think so? As I see in a facebook group for Houston AOS filers, there are people from all over the world, different religions, various age groups, various backgrounds (DACA, K-1, F-1, B1/2).

At least, it's safe to say that Houston office doesn't discriminate based on the country of origin. They don't care about all of us :D

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

I just hope u get ur GC in the mail without any interviews
This wait is simply outrageous

4 minutes ago, JSWH said:

You think so? As I see in a facebook group for Houston AOS filers, there are people from all over the world, different religions, various age groups, various backgrounds (DACA, K-1, F-1, B1/2).

At least, it's safe to say that Houston office doesn't discriminate based on the country of origin. They don't care about all of us :D

Haha! Not only the country, but also the visa type. I have been doing alot of searching online using different sites and I noticed that many who are on F-1 or B1/2 take well over a year close to two years. 

Also, the FB page doesn't have many adjusting from K1. My friend got her green card in Feb this year, and she applied for AOS from K1 last Feb. Exactly one year here in Houston. She was also from the same country as my husband.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

@Selma and Nermin
Any news??? I heard that GC is picking up speed over EAD/AP
Just mailed off my application for AOS so am checking in to see if our lovely Houston is moving :rofl:

1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

@Selma and Nermin
Any news??? I heard that GC is picking up speed over EAD/AP
Just mailed off my application for AOS so am checking in to see if our lovely Houston is moving :rofl:

Nope, nothing still! We are renewing our EAD and AP, and that won't come for another few months I suspect, sooo not sure :rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.