Francyn

LOST/STOLEN ADVANCE PAROLE WHILE ABROAD - STRANDED

23 posts in this topic

I still don't get why you don't fly to Mexico/ Canada and enter by land? From what I've read on other threads on here, you'll be fine and allowed in by CBP if you can get to the border.

1 hour ago, FlashLG said:

I still don't get why you don't fly to Mexico/ Canada and enter by land? From what I've read on other threads on here, you'll be fine and allowed in by CBP if you can get to the border.

Because I would still need to apply for a Canadian visa and provide detailed information for my "stay"

2 minutes ago, Francyn said:

Because I would still need to apply for a Canadian visa and provide detailed information for my "stay"

Why not Mexico? I'm not too familiar with their immigration practices, but it may be much simpler going that route then doing entry at the southern border.

Humanitarian parole is usually a hail-mary type of move...I would suggest seriously considering these routes.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder if you can get it at Dublin?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Canada would not care go to calgary shop see the mountains then go to usa, but if your passport is from a tough visa country yes getting an eTa or visa is a pain.

• 7 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 3:28 AM, Francyn said:

UPDATE: 

The only solution is to apply for humanitarian parole with request for expedition from the congressman. That is the direction we are headed in now.

Dear Francyn,

I am currently in the same situation as you are: I lost advance parole while travelling, airline denied the copy and we applied for humanitarian parole.

How long did it take you to get a parole with the help of Congressman?

Hope for your answer.

Kind regards,

Nadya

• 11 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

For the benefit of anyone else as unfortunate as me:

My AP card was stolen while I was travelling in Europe in mid-November 2019.  The US Embassy don't help non-greencard holders.  There isn't a standard USCIS process for handling the exceptional case of lost AP cards.  USCIS Customer support advised me - incorrectly - to submit a 131a to the Embassy - which is a request for a lost greencard.   The USCIS international office in London intervened to cancel this application - after I had pad $550.  London then facilitated me to re-apply for an AP card using the typical 131, but via the express "Humanitarian" office.  Another $550, stating my reasons for humanitarian needs ("theft").  They said the process would take a few weeks.   But figuring all that out was an incredibly stressful week, with lots of steps that I can't even bother documenting.   

However, the Humanitarian approval wasn't issued in time for my mid-December flight!  So I just went to Dublin Ireland airport with my AP card photocopies, police report etc.  I had already advised the airline that I would be doing this.  The checkin supervisor allowed me to checkin - without referring to any US authorities.  But in Dublin US immigration happens before you fly, so I guess that makes the airline more open to this.  I had also contacted US Immigration in Dublin in advance to understand how they were likely handle the problem.  At immigration, they reviewed my issue and admitted me.  Warned me that I could not travel again without a re-entry doc (eg another AP card, or greencard).

Two days after arriving back in USA, Humanitarian communicated that they had approved my 131 application and that I should visit an Embassy to collect a one-off "boarding foil" to allow me to re-enter.   The same doc that USCIS London had intervened to prevent in the first place! 

Also turns out that in the background USCIS Humanitarian had obtained my file from the USCIS Dallas field office.  That caused a whole other problem with my greencard interview.  But the file was eventually returned to Dallas.   

In some ways USCIS London, USCIS Humanitarian and even US Immigration were very responsive, informed and helpful.  Expect for Tier 1 Customer Support who were ill-informed and deeply unhelpful, cost me $550 for nothing.  And because I was calling from abroad they couldn't transfer me to Tier 2.    But while helpful, the various people were not very sympathetic, just very bureaucratic.

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. Thank you for the updates to this thread as to keep things current this thread will be locked. ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.