9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey you beautiful people,

Here is the situation. I (American) just got married to my love (Swedish) and we currently live in Sweden but are looking to move back to Colorado as soon as possible. I "think" that I have found everything but I want to run it by you guys to see what I am missing for the CR1 petition. 
*I-130
*I-130A
*G-1145
*Cover Letter
*Copy of US Birth Certificate or US Passport
*Copy of Marriage Certificate (in English)
*Divorce Documents (she was previously married)
*2 Passport photos of me
*2 Passport photos of her
*Evidence of a Bonafide Marriage............. (not sure what all to gather for this)

And should be sent to 
      USCIS
      P.O. Box 804625
      Chicago, IL 60680-4107

And must we pay before we send the application or after we are approved? 

I am really sorry if this seems a bit annoying, but I want to be crystal clear when sending in all of this information. Any links or official websites would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you and Cheers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you need to send copy of the original documents and attach a translation into English of said documents

for example, you need to send copy of her divorce decree in the original language and the translation into English, if your marriage certificate is in another language, you send copy of the marriage certificate and a translation into English of said document.

the form needs to be sent with payment, immigration won't process the form without payment, check or money order is what they accept

~~moved to IR1/CR1 process and procedures from what visa do I need~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, aleful said:

hi

you need to send copy of the original documents and attach a translation into English of said documents

for example, you need to send copy of her divorce decree in the original language and the translation into English, if your marriage certificate is in another language, you send copy of the marriage certificate and a translation into English of said document.

the form needs to be sent with payment, immigration won't process the form without payment, check or money order is what they accept

All correct but payment is a bit more complicated than simply check or money order.  The questions indicate they have not yet become A-Students of the I-130 instructions.  Doing so is critical to any ultimate success.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/6/2018 at 12:39 PM, pushbrk said:

All correct but payment is a bit more complicated than simply check or money order.  The questions indicate they have not yet become A-Students of the I-130 instructions.  Doing so is critical to any ultimate success.

Hi There

I see you replying to lot of VJ memebers :) 

A quick question please, in the same order above : my husband is US citizen, we didn't include my Birth certificate (beneficiary) in our i130 Package, is that an issue?

Thank you in advance for your help

14 minutes ago, CappuccinoMo said:

Hi There

A quick question please, in the same order above : my husband is US citizen, we didn't include my Birth certificate (beneficiary) in our i130 Package, is that an issue?

You're fine. The beneficiary's birth certificate isn't needed for the I-130 petition*. It will be needed later (for the visa).

*provided that the beneficiary isn't in the USA already.

Edited by fdhs

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, CappuccinoMo said:

Hi There

Same answer.   Become an A-student of the I-130 instructions to find your answer.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Find what you can for evidence of bona fide...pictures, emails, text messages, receipts, flight information, affidavit letter from a friend or relative, etc. My petition was approved after 7 months and we added a letter from my mother, stating she knew we were getting married and that she knew my husband, as well as a pre-marital class we took. 

Also, you need to pay the fee at the same time as the rest of the package. We sent a cheque with our application. 

• Service Center: Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Montreal, Canada
  • Marriage: 2017-05-08
  • i130 Sent: 2017-07-07
  • i130 NOA1: 2017-07-12
  • i130 NOA2: 2018-02-15
  • NVC Received: 2018-03-07
  • Case Number Received: 2018-05-10
  • Send AOS Package: 2018-05-23
  • Send IV Package: 2018-07-19
  • Case Completed at NVC: 2018-07-26
  • Interview Date: 2018-10-31 (approved!)
  • Visa in hand: 2018-11-05

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.