Alienbiteme

K1 visa pending on security check for over 3 years.

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, geowrian said:

Travel to Hong Kong? Or a nice scenic marriage and honeymoon?

Taiwan is close also.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Alienbiteme said:

Guy, we got NOA2 on July 2 2018 after over 3 years long waiting. We appreciate everything you said and will update our processing timeline once our application got updated on USCIS website.

Congrats! Jesus, 3 years? I would bet that's some type of record

You have alot patience but I would imagine it also helps that you were living with your fiance at the time. Good luck on the rest of your visajourney.

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 6/6/2018 at 1:01 AM, Roel said:

Honestly after 3 years I'd just cancel k1, get married and file cr1. 

But you need domicle in the US. If you don't live there and have pretty much 0 connections there, why would they issue your fiance a visa to reunite with you? Since that's the point of family based visa... 

That´s a hell of a point. 

®️

Timeline
On 7/14/2018 at 2:16 AM, Alienbiteme said:

The date when we noticed our case was approved  was when we were on vacation in Bangkok last week, we were sitting at McDonald's in Siam Paragon which wasn't opened until 10 am, my fiance was checking email on his cellphone, then told me our case was approved,  I was just completely calm, most people would probably cry or smile, I was just calm.......It's hard to describe all these over 13 years difficulty we've been through together. Realizing that we are still the lucky couple compared to lots of gay couple in other countries, I thanks god, family and friends who support us in one way or another during those difficult time.  Thank you for your support and kindness.

did you end up just waiting it out or what course of actions did you take that moved it along? also congrats, you deserve it with all the patience you guys have!

Edited by myjourney2018
to say congrats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 14/07/2018 at 3:16 AM, Alienbiteme said:

The date when we noticed our case was approved  was when we were on vacation in Bangkok last week, we were sitting at McDonald's in Siam Paragon which wasn't opened until 10 am, my fiance was checking email on his cellphone, then told me our case was approved,  I was just completely calm, most people would probably cry or smile, I was just calm.......It's hard to describe all these over 13 years difficulty we've been through together. Realizing that we are still the lucky couple compared to lots of gay couple in other countries, I thanks god, family and friends who support us in one way or another during those difficult time.  Thank you for your support and kindness.

Will you be moving back to Washington if all goes well? :) 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2018/7/20 at 9:35 AM, myjourney2018 said:

did you end up just waiting it out or what course of actions did you take that moved it along? also congrats, you deserve it with all the patience you guys have!

It's hard to explain how our application was approved. It just happened. We did try to get hold of USCIS by the phone or congressmen numbers of times.  My fiance even made several appointment to meet USCIS officers in American Embassy located in Beijing. We have tried too many times........

Timeline
18 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

Will you be moving back to Washington if all goes well? :) 

Our plan was to buy a house in Seattle area, but as our case couldn't get approved in less than 6 months, we might have to change our plan of buying property in Seattle , I do notice that property value in Seattle area already has gone up at least 25 percent in the past of 2 years, which means that we have missed the best chance of investment, which made me really upset and even made me wanna sue Federal Government cause some people in government didn't get their job done on time, which effected our relationship badly. I sometimes even questioned myself if I was doing the right thing.  By thinking back all those years we have spent together ,even before I met my fiance, I always tried to do right things,when people needed help, I always offered help. My family is nobody in China and I don't understand why life is so hard on me.......My sister had stoke in early 2017, she's been in hospital ever since then. Before that, my sister and I pretty much weren't as close as when we were little. She's pretty much on her husband side. My brother-in-law isn't bad person but he doesn't like his son, my nephew, to get nearer to me. He calls me freak and treats me like  . It was just before my sister was supposed to get brain surgery, my brother-in-law called me in hospital, that was at almost 10 am on March 6 2017, he told me what happened and  I might never be able to talk to my sister for the last time. My fiance and I headed to hospital by cab........ that was also the first time that my brother-in-law met my fiance. Till know, he still doesn't accept me....... The medical care bill from hospital is close to 10,000 USD a month.  it's the situation we are facing with everyday. My aged mother has been living with my sister's family since my nephew was born. Even though I got my k1 visa in hand now, I can't just leave China right away, there's some arrangement needed to get done.

Edited by Alienbiteme

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/6/2018 at 7:27 PM, fip & jim said:

I understand. I've been through quite a lot myself in life, so I get it. 

Can you make a phone call to USCIS? The reason I keep saying about a named contact is because I know how bureaucracy works. It sounds like what's happening at the moment is that you are filling out an online enquiry form, then whoever looks at it reads all through your notes then tells you what you already know. You're stuck in a loop. You need to speak and interact with someone at USCIS. If you have someone's name you can try to hold them accountable and you have details of the employee if you make a complaint. Ask for the information you need and say something like "Can I take your name please? Can I check with your supervisor if the information you've given me is correct? Can you confirm this by sending me a follow-up email, please?" After all, you pay your fee when you file your petition and they should have a code of conduct with clients. Waiting 3 years is unacceptable. You need the information of what the issue is with the security check, you cannot move beyond that until you know what the obstacle is. For example, is it missing information, or because you are absent from the US for the majority of the time? If they can't tell you specifically then they should at least give you some kind of plausible explanation for what the hell is going on with your case. If an employee at USCIS doesn't know the answer to what you are asking then you have a right to ask to speak to someone who does and expect an answer. 

Yes, you deserve to be married and it's awful that many obstacles have been put in your way. Wishing you all the best. I hope you have a favorable outcome.

Guys, we just received an email from NVC and they said they already sent our k1 application file to Guangzhou where I'm expecting a visa interview. I'm hoping to receive package 3 before we are flying to Bangkok on Sep 5th.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/6/2018 at 7:27 PM, fip & jim said:

I understand. I've been through quite a lot myself in life, so I get it. 

Can you make a phone call to USCIS? The reason I keep saying about a named contact is because I know how bureaucracy works. It sounds like what's happening at the moment is that you are filling out an online enquiry form, then whoever looks at it reads all through your notes then tells you what you already know. You're stuck in a loop. You need to speak and interact with someone at USCIS. If you have someone's name you can try to hold them accountable and you have details of the employee if you make a complaint. Ask for the information you need and say something like "Can I take your name please? Can I check with your supervisor if the information you've given me is correct? Can you confirm this by sending me a follow-up email, please?" After all, you pay your fee when you file your petition and they should have a code of conduct with clients. Waiting 3 years is unacceptable. You need the information of what the issue is with the security check, you cannot move beyond that until you know what the obstacle is. For example, is it missing information, or because you are absent from the US for the majority of the time? If they can't tell you specifically then they should at least give you some kind of plausible explanation for what the hell is going on with your case. If an employee at USCIS doesn't know the answer to what you are asking then you have a right to ask to speak to someone who does and expect an answer. 

Yes, you deserve to be married and it's awful that many obstacles have been put in your way. Wishing you all the best. I hope you have a favorable outcome.

guys, we received a letter from Consulate General of the United States, Guangzhou last week.  We are still working on filling up the ds-160 form and will try to get it done before this Friday. Later we will send all documents they require to Guangzhou.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.