Beckbeck

B1/B2 Visa 1 denied, 3 accepted HELP!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

None of that will help. If her situation hasn’t changed (still not enough ties to her home country), the outcome of the application won’t either. Still denied. Applying for another tourist visa right away after a denial based on not enough ties only helps to get her another denial. She won’t get a tourist visa anytime soon. She’ll have to change her entire life and show way more ties, maybe a few trips to other countries and back to her home country, wait a few years and maybe she’ll have better chances. It’s pretty safe to say that she won’t be attending your wedding if it’s in the US. 

Also, it is never a good idea to lie to immigration. And just so you know being engaged to be married to someone in another country does not mean anything in terms of being at risk of immigrating. So that won’t fly. 

18 hours ago, Beckbeck said:

Hi, Thank you for your advice. I am considering filing form I-134, affidavit of support for her. Thoughts? Also and my husband and I do not live in the U.S., so I'm not sure that her ties with me would make a difference. We are also planning to provide proof of employment for the factory where she is working. Not sure if this will help, but we are going to try again!

1) Never lie to anybody in immigration.

2) You don't live in the US, so you don't qualify to be a sponsor on an I-134.

3) Nobody can sponsor a tourist. Right from DOS, which is responsible for all embassies and consulates:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

" Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa. "

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

1) Never lie to anybody in immigration.

2) You don't live in the US, so you don't qualify to be a sponsor on an I-134.

3) Nobody can sponsor a tourist. Right from DOS, which is responsible for all embassies and consulates:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

" Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa. "

Thank you! Very useful info!

Filed: Other Timeline

Will keep everyone updated after our second try. All your advice is helpful, so we are doing our best to help give her evidence to show her ties to her home country. Thank you all. :) Just a random note, she is going to be getting married probably next year, but not engaged yet, which is why I considered she should say that, but now I don't think that is the best option!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.