1,607 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, KrashC said:

Called nvc to see if our case has left they said it’s pending what does that mean?

Could mean that it is ready but it isn't in the hands of the shipper. Can I recommend that you go to ceac.state.gov and choose "immigrant" and your case number and it will tell you the status. Right now having the case number you can stay off the phones and check on the progress. Also, there are some tips in the January thread that will help you further. Read the first post.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Could mean that it is ready but it isn't in the hands of the shipper. Can I recommend that you go to ceac.state.gov and choose "immigrant" and your case number and it will tell you the status. Right now having the case number you can stay off the phones and check on the progress. Also, there are some tips in the January thread that will help you further. Read the first post.

where can i find my case number to check ny status in ceac?

10 hours ago, kittyanne said:

where can i find my case number to check ny status in ceac?

Call NVC to get your case number. Details are in the January link I posted above.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

June 20th/25th NOA1 here and still no updates from USCIS, processing via California. I have just submitted the "Case outside of normal processing times" form and received "Expect a reply by February 14, 2019".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, 1quickZ said:

June 20th/25th NOA1 here and still no updates from USCIS, processing via California. I have just submitted the "Case outside of normal processing times" form and received "Expect a reply by February 14, 2019".

If this helps at all, I submitted a request via USCIS for being outside normal processing times after our case was 'missing' for 6 full weeks after noa2 (before it was received at the NVC). They responded back in 4 business days. :) So you should hear maybe in the same timeframe!

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have received the hard copy of NO2. waiting the NVC Case Number.
How long will the NVC letter takes? Please
I have complied the I-134 and the supporting financial documents but  cannot proceed till the NVC, right??

Edited by Nana Y
editted

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nana Y said:

I have complied the I-134 and the supporting financial documents but  cannot proceed till the NVC, right??

Where do you get the 134 form

Timeline
14 hours ago, NicoleM said:

If this helps at all, I submitted a request via USCIS for being outside normal processing times after our case was 'missing' for 6 full weeks after noa2 (before it was received at the NVC). They responded back in 4 business days. :) So you should hear maybe in the same timeframe!

Thanks for the positive thoughts, Nicole! How did they contact you if you don't mind me asking? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, 1quickZ said:

Thanks for the positive thoughts, Nicole! How did they contact you if you don't mind me asking? 

via email :)

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
14 hours ago, Nana Y said:

NVC does not send any letters to the Petitioner or Beneficent. It takes up to 10 days for NVC to receive the case from USCIS and another 5 to assign the case number, around this time you can start calling NVC inquiring about your case number. You can also contact them via this - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

You obviously can start gathering all the documents that are required at the interview. You cannot do much though without the case number, please check with your local Embassy for the specific - https://gn.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/

I suggest also to be a part of this threat: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
20 hours ago, 1quickZ said:

I’m so sorry that you haven’t heard anything.  We have the same dates.  It’s pretty maddening to watch folks march right past you (you are glad for them, but, wonder what happened to you?).  We put in an online request for “out of processing” and found out 4 days later that we had been approved on the same day (just took a few days snail mail).  So, it does happen...just not when you want it to.  Here’s hoping you get good news soon.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

I’m so sorry that you haven’t heard anything.  We have the same dates.  It’s pretty maddening to watch folks march right past you (you are glad for them, but, wonder what happened to you?).  We put in an online request for “out of processing” and found out 4 days later that we had been approved on the same day (just took a few days snail mail).  So, it does happen...just not when you want it to.  Here’s hoping you get good news soon.

It's not easy but we are trying to stay positive and take it day by day! Thank you for the kind words :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do they send notification when they receive our RFE documents?  

By USPS tracking I know it arrived almost two weeks ago, but haven't heard anything else.

I-129F packet sent = 06/15/2018

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

RFE response = 01/12/2019

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

NVC received = 02/14/2019 ♥️

Embassy received = 03/07/2019

Interview = 05/07/2019  Requested more documents.  Returned beneficiary's passport to him. Submitted documents 6/3/19. Email received saying they were received.

Emailed Consulate = 08/02/2019 asking about visa. Received email stating they had never received the documents. Sent documents again. 

Phone call from consulate = 08/07/2019 saying they were approving the visa. Fiancé has to send them his passport. 

Passport returned to consulate (in person) = 

Visa received = 09/05/2019

Entry into USA = 10/24/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.