aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, UnitedStatesGuy said:

What is the total cost of all these forms?

The I-130 costs 575 dollars and I-485 costs 1225 (including biometric fees).

So the total cost is 1800 dollars.

1 hour ago, aiyappan said:

The I-130 costs 575 dollars and I-485 costs 1225 (including biometric fees).

So the total cost is 1800 dollars.

Holy #######, you scared me! I had to re-check the USCIS web page for the I-130 to make sure it hadn't been increased since Friday when we got our cashier's checks.  It's $535, so the total is $1,760.

24 minutes ago, UnitedStatesGuy said:

What about the other forms mentioned in this thread (( i-130, 130a, 485, 693, 765, and 864))? How am I supposed to know which ones need to be filled out?

Without knowing your specifics you'll most likely need most, if not all, of them. The US spouse files the 130, 130A and 864. You file the 485. If you want to work you have to file the 765 and if you want to leave the country you'd file 131. You can send them all at once and you don't have to pay for the 765 or 131 if you do them with the 485.

Edited by IncogNitro

I couldn't find a comprehensive guide anywhere. Started with the USCIS Website, then continually searched updated website forums etc. When I saw enough of the same thing I felt okay moving forward. Its more tedious than anything else. I'd do one at a time, read the instructions carefully, then move to the next. As the rest you'll likely need all the above forms. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Where did you all have your documents translated? Can I translate it myself? It is our marriage cert. and 2 birth certificates from Costa Rica? Also how many passport photos do I need to put with the I-130? And copies of birther cert and marriage cert are ok right? no originals? 

33 minutes ago, Tilde333 said:

Where did you all have your documents translated? Can I translate it myself? It is our marriage cert. and 2 birth certificates from Costa Rica? Also how many passport photos do I need to put with the I-130? And copies of birther cert and marriage cert are ok right? no originals? 

I didn't require any translations, and I believe there were a total of 8 photos of my spouse and 4 of me that went out.  Copies of everything, no originals.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi joining this group too as i just sent my package just now:)

Adjustment of status from B2 visa married to USC.

Package sent on 8 june 2018 with Fedex.

Package delivered on 11 June 2018.

Now i am just waiting😑

Filling from Denver Colorado.

Deas EAD really take forever now?

I have seen the timelines but hoping it will be less or i am going already nuts.😁

18 hours ago, gvantsa said:

Deas EAD really take forever now?

I have seen the timelines but hoping it will be less or i am going already nuts.😁

Hi :) Apparently it does :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
1 minute ago, aiyappan said:

I just received the biometric appt notice for Jun 28th.

Hi Aiyappan

When did u send your package. I sent mine exactly a week ago and was delivered on Monday but I haven't got any notification from USCIS. And I have no idea what to think😂

If anyone knows how does it get decided which field office will be the interview? It's about residency probably right? So if I live in Denver I should do interview in Denver? Or they can send me to somewhere else?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

Hi Aiyappan

When did u send your package. I sent mine exactly a week ago and was delivered on Monday but I haven't got any notification from USCIS. And I have no idea what to think😂

If anyone knows how does it get decided which field office will be the interview? It's about residency probably right? So if I live in Denver I should do interview in Denver? Or they can send me to somewhere else?

Hi gvantsa,

I sent my package on May 30th and was received by USCIS Chicago Lockbox on May 31st. I received my text messages on June 6th and NOA1 receipts on June 11th. Now June 15th I received the biometrics.

It will take atleast a week to get the text messages and around 11-12 days for the NOA1 based on experience from other forums. So don't worry you should get it soon.

Regarding the field office for interview, once the background checks are done the NBC will forward your application to the closest center around your area (you would have entered this in the i-485 application). If Denver has a big USCIS field office and you had mentioned that in the I-485 application then most likely it will be there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.