aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

I already expedited it through USCIS last week. and it was under "severe financial loss to company or person". they said they'll give me a call back but I still haven't heard anything!! that's why i'm considering reaching out to the senator and congressman...

how do i reach to a different tier?

Do you have an account on uscis? Can you check if your expedition has been assigned to an officer yet?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Rilo0918 said:

Well I already expedited through USCIS and they said they'll reach back out to me after making the decision of if I qualify to have my service sped up. I haven't heard anything and I called back a few days ago and the lady told me it's not necessary to keep on calling to follow up because they will call me and they're just taking a little longer. But no one has...

How did the process go? 

1. You called USCIS to expedite 

2. They told you that you should wait six months? 

3. They accepted your request 

4. They told you to wait? Or did you receive a request to provide supporting evidence, which you sent, and then they told you to wait? If not, when exactly did you initiate the request? Sorry I'm on mobile and can't see timelines if it's there 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

How do i create an account?

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Register an account, then log in, then add your cases (all the I forms you have submitted), under case history, it will tell you the detail how your case is going. There's a high chance your request hasn't been even assigned to an officer yet.

PM me your MSC number of the I485, I765, i can check it for you if you want to.

Edited by hoangthaihuy

1 minute ago, eckoin said:

How did the process go? 

1. You called USCIS to expedite 

2. They told you that you should wait six months? 

3. They accepted your request 

4. They told you to wait? Or did you receive a request to provide supporting evidence, which you sent, and then they told you to wait? If not, when exactly did you initiate the request? Sorry I'm on mobile and can't see timelines if it's there 

1. I submitted all my ppwk and they received in the beginning of June.

2. Biometrics early July done

3. between 3-4 months up so I called USCIS to expedite and they told me to wait full 6 months because they're flooded.

4. waited 6 months, called USCIS to have my case expedited. they started the process for me and then told me someone will reach out to me for more information and if I qualify to have mine expedited. Still haven't heard anything!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

1. I submitted all my ppwk and they received in the beginning of June.

2. Biometrics early July done

3. between 3-4 months up so I called USCIS to expedite and they told me to wait full 6 months because they're flooded.

4. waited 6 months, called USCIS to have my case expedited. they started the process for me and then told me someone will reach out to me for more information and if I qualify to have mine expedited. Still haven't heard anything!

Sorry, I meant specifically for the expedite. My timeline is in my signature if it helps, but from my own experience and what I read here:

1. USCIS accepts your expedite request 

2. Within a week or so (3-10 business days) they assign an officer to your case 

3. Within a day or more (1-5 business days) the officer sends a request for additional information. If by email, you get it right away. If by mail, you get it within 10 business days. 

4. USCIS reviews the evidence you provided. Could take up to 10-30 business days. If approved, you'll get the card within 5-10 business days. 

It seems to be taking longer and longer, so time itself is no reason to panic. But I've seen people here get denied at step 2, meaning, the officer assigned to your case reviews the notes from step 1 and doesn't even bother asking for more details. So if you're well into step 2 now and haven't received a rejection, you should be good to proceed to step 3 (where they ask you for more info) 

Edited by eckoin

------------------

------------------

14 minutes ago, hoangthaihuy said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Register an account, then log in, then add your cases (all the I forms you have submitted), under case history, it will tell you the detail how your case is going. There's a high chance your request hasn't been even assigned to an officer yet.

Okay just did! thank you so much! So it looks like it was assigned to an officer on Dec 6th. I wonder if they're going to reach out soon..

7 minutes ago, eckoin said:

Sorry, I meant specifically for the expedite. My timeline is in my signature if it helps, but from my own experience and what I read here:

1. USCIS accepts your expedite request 

2. Within a week or so (3-10 business days) they assign an officer to your case 

3. Within a day or more (1-5 business days) the officer sends a request for additional information. If by email, you get it right away. If by mail, you get it within 10 business days. 

4. USCIS reviews the evidence you provided. Could take up to 10-30 business days. If approved, you'll get the card within 5-10 business days. 

It seems to be taking longer and longer, so time itself is no reason to panic. But I've seen people here get denied at step 2, meaning, the officer assigned to your case reviews the notes from step 1 and doesn't even bother asking for more details. So if you're well into step 2 now and haven't received a rejection, you should be good to proceed to step 3 (where they ask you for more info) 

How do i know if my request for expedition is denied. will they notify me?

Timeline

Okay just did! thank you so much! So it looks like it was assigned to an officer on Dec 6th. I wonder if they're going to reach out soon..

Then watch out for an email. Mine was filtered into "Update" tabs of Gmail.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rilo0918 said:

How do i know if my request for expedition is denied. will they notify me?

Sure will. Since you now have a USCIS account, set it up to receive email updates (or check it regularly). Either way, they'll mail you a notice. 

------------------

------------------

1 minute ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Then watch out for an email. Mine was filtered into "Update" tabs of Gmail.

Okay so I see two sections.

When I logged into my account and i go to my EAD specifically to check on updates, it gives me: Case History and Next Steps.

I see that on Case History my expedition review was assigned to an officer for review on the 6th. and on the next steps it says "as of Dec 6th, your request to have your case expedited, (referral number) is currently not assigned for processing". what does that mean?

Timeline

Okay so I see two sections.

When I logged into my account and i go to my EAD specifically to check on updates, it gives me: Case History and Next Steps.

I see that on Case History my expedition review was assigned to an officer for review on the 6th. and on the next steps it says "as of Dec 6th, your request to have your case expedited, (referral number) is currently not assigned for processing". what does that mean?

LOL what? You have either of those, not both. Mine looks like this.

12/10/2018

On December 10, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxx, was completed.

12/10/2018

On December 10, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxx.

12/10/2018

On December 10, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxx, was assigned to an officer for response.

And there's nothing on "Next step" except for the regular information (" We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you. ").

11 minutes ago, hoangthaihuy said:

12/10/2018

On December 10, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxx, was completed.

12/10/2018

On December 10, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxx.

12/10/2018

On December 10, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxx, was assigned to an officer for response.

And there's nothing on "Next step" except for the regular information (" We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you. ").

Lol.. i think i'm just going to reach out to the senator and congressman for help

On 12/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, hoangthaihuy said:

12/10/2018

12/10/2018

12/10/2018

how did you reach out to senator Ted Cruz' office? I just called but they were busy. So I left a voice message. Is it better to email them or send out a letter?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

how did you reach out to senator Ted Cruz' office? I just called but they were busy. So I left a voice message. Is it better to email them or send out a letter?

I called them last week and early this week, I was able to talk to the front desk person. Try again in the afternoon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.