Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Canadianeh! said:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share the great news that my Immigrant Visa appointment has been scheduled.  My total wait time from cc to assignment of interview date was 109 days.  Has anyone else heard yet?  I put in an additional request to have the case expedited so I’m not sure if that is what pushed it through or if this was simply it’s natural course.  I hope you all get similar news soon.  Keep the faith!

Hi Canadianeh

Congratulations

Do you mind sharing that how long it took to get you expedite request accepted and interview being scheduled after acceptance?

What is your CC date ?

On 7/3/2018 at 8:04 PM, ruban said:

Hi Canadianeh

Congratulations

Do you mind sharing that how long it took to get you expedite request accepted and interview being scheduled after acceptance?

What is your CC date ?

8 minutes ago, HEL-Canada said:

Good news - I just got an email from NVC with my interview date, which is August 21st.  Hopefully everyone else gets their dates soon.

Hi HEL-Canada,

I just got my interview date as well - August 20th!!  So happy!!!   

On 7/3/2018 at 5:48 PM, Canadianeh! said:

Hi TexasForeverYall

Ferbos is correct about what he said re: case being at NVC.  I’m not exactly sure the algorithm that the NVC uses to schedule cases.  I also don’t know if the 5 different EB classes are prioritized differently at this stage.  I do know that the first 3 EB categories (1,2 and 3) each receive 28.6% of the worldwide limit.   EB4 and EB5 each get 7.1%.   It is advantageous to be EB-1 because you are also entitled to any unused visa in 4th and 5th categories.  EB2s then get any unused visas from first categories, and EB3s from 1st and 2nd.  Worldwide, 140,000 EB visas are given out which includes spouses and minor children.  This number is for people like us who go through consular processing and ppl who take the adjustment of status route (wayyyy more of them - see bar graph in link bag SciFamily sent and in prev. comment that I posted.    

Each country can only have a max of 7% of the worldwide limit.  There is a pie graph on the site SciFamily sent which shows that China and India (plus others) are by far the biggest users of these.  Canada is in the “other” category at less than 2%.

Since family-based categories have no annual limit, as many of these can be given out as there are ppl.  The bottleneck for them seems to be the number of interview slots available each month at the different embassies.  

I just don’t know the system that the NVC uses when deciding how to allocate interviews to people.  Clearly, visa category does matter.

Have a look at the filtered dwheels excel sheet that I posted yesterday.  Since 2014, only 11 people have indicated they were from Canada and in EB categories.  You can see  that our wait times have been very atypical.  Several of these people were assigned interviews in a few weeks.  Before us, SSeb has the longest wait time in the bunch which was 72 days.  I’m not sure why there is such an enormous backlog now :( 

Hi Canadianeh!  

This information was so appreciated!  I finally got my interview date scheduled for August 9th!  Hurray!!!  Hope everyone else keeps me posted on their progress!!! :)

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, TexasForeverYall said:

Hi Canadianeh!  

This information was so appreciated!  I finally got my interview date scheduled for August 9th!  Hurray!!!  Hope everyone else keeps me posted on their progress!!! :)

Hi everyone, just like to share good news. My case complete March 23rd and today July 5th received my interview letter. The interview will held on August 16th at Montreal. I am so happy after very stressful wait and feeling in no where!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

2 hours ago, HEL-Canada said:

Good news - I just got an email from NVC with my interview date, which is August 21st.  Hopefully everyone else gets their dates soon.

2 hours ago, HEL-Canada said:

YESSS!!!!! Congratulations!!! I’m super happy for you.  

2 hours ago, TexasForeverYall said:

Hi HEL-Canada,

I just got my interview date as well - August 20th!!  So happy!!!   

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing news!  It’s been such an unnecessarily long journey for us all.

1 hour ago, AAA_can said:

Hi everyone, just like to share good news. My case complete March 23rd and today July 5th received my interview letter. The interview will held on August 16th at Montreal. I am so happy after very stressful wait and feeling in no where!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Congratulations!!! That is amazing news!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are so happy for the people finally receiving their interview dates; almost there guys!

Question about the timeline. Lets assume that my CC date is July 1st but my priority date is still not current. How does the timeline work in that case? Do I need to wait 100 days (or whatever current wait time is) after my priority date is current to have an interview scheduled?

Edited by Jimmy The Tulip

1 hour ago, Jimmy The Tulip said:

We are so happy for the people finally receiving their interview dates; almost there guys!

Question about the timeline. Lets assume that my CC date is July 1st but my priority date is still not current. How does the timeline work in that case? Do I need to wait 100 days (or whatever current wait time is) after my priority date is current to have an interview scheduled?

Yes, you need to wait until priority date is current.  Not sure exact details but this seems to be the wrong thread for your question.  You should search the VJ site for one that is more appropriate for you.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 6:48 PM, Canadianeh! said:

Yes, you need to wait until priority date is current.  Not sure exact details but this seems to be the wrong thread for your question.  You should search the VJ site for one that is more appropriate for you.

Hi All,

Anyone here have his interview before August 17th? I like to get feedback and share interview experience :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.