CoffeeVegan

Recent case transfer

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, YafaUSA said:

@CoffeeVegan @Name O Boy I guess not a lot of people got their application transferred to NBC... I'll take it as a good sign, it's not like the glitch in February where EVERYBODY got the same message on the same time!  

Really hope we'll hear something soon, you know I'll let you know as soon as I will :D

The letter has official status so it's a good sign. Having said that now everything depends on our respective field offices. I can't wait to hear something interesting from you. Hopefully, you will get that interview pretty soon. Sending you positive vibes my friend :)

Edited by Name O Boy

48 minutes ago, OO&YR said:

Hello,

There is my statistics:

02/06/17     USCIS received my case

02/06/18     "We received your case..."

02/25/18     "We received your case..."

02/26/18     "We received your case..."

03/27/18      Interview I751 (Interview was terrible, about 8 hours.)

05/01/18     "We transferred your case to another office..." 

05/01/18     "We received your case..."

05/03/18      "We transferred your case to another office..."

05/03/18      "We transferred your case to another office..."

05/08/18 I got the letter about transferred my case in Lee's Summit, MO.

Honestly, I really want to know where is my case. I try  to cal  1-800 and was informed my case in Laguna Niguel, CA . 

Divorce waiver? Why was the interview terrible?

8 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

The letter has official status so it's a good sign. Having said that now everything depends on our respective field offices. I can't wait to hear something interesting from you. Hopefully, you will get that interview pretty soon. Sending you positive vibes my friend :)

Thank you my friend! Sending them your way too! Hope we all get some good news soon :) 

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

9 hours ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Ill be honest with you. Not having a timeline is the worst part about this process. 

When I knew the exact date to file my ROC and nothing can be done to file sooner. The 2 years was a breeze. The idea of tomorrow or 2 months or next year is what consumes the mind. We dont know what we are waiting for to adjust accordingly. 

To make matters worse, someone said they read NBC has I751 wait time of up to 5 years haha. I know thats ridiculous but thats the kind og ridiculousness that comes without a straight timeline  

You are so right! The fact we don't have a timeline is what makes the waiting so bad... I just try to always stay positive and say "maybe today I'll hear something" for myself or from you guys. And I've seen that comment about 5 years too, I agree it's ridicules and really doubt it. We should hear something soon.

And @OO&YR I was told my case was in Laguna Niguel also when I called the 800 number, but the officer who called me back said it was indeed transferred so don't worry about that. 

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 1:46 PM, CoffeeVegan said:

Hi folks,

Just trying to get a sense of how many of us with ROC pending recieved the recent case transfer. No pressure, but if you could kindly fill the details( in order of the month & year please)maybe it may help us understand better.Again this is in regards to the Case transfer for those of us who have applied for N 400 and pending ROC. Thank you.

Name| ROC applied month& year| N 400 applied month& year |Case Transfer date| Transfer Center| Local Field office|

Coffee Vegan| April 17| March 18|05-03|NBC|MI

ramus_maximus| Oct 16|Nov 17|05-03|NBC|Houston, TX

Timeline
13 hours ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Yes for sure. Ill be following. 

Funny thing about my local office is, those that applied under the 5 year rule with no I751 pending or bonefide evidence needed are being approved for citizenship in about 4 months. So it seems the I751 and the 3 year rule def slows down the N400 process in general. 

Under the 5 year rule you would not have to apply for I-751. But if we step back and look at the bigger picture I-751/N-400 is taking on average about 5 years to become a citizen.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Its not possible to apply for citizenship under 3 or 5 year rule if you have a conditional green card, not sure what you mean. The I751 is independent of the N400. 

What I meant was if someone had to wait for 5 years to qualify for N400, then they never needed to remove conditions.

14 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

What I meant was if someone had to wait for 5 years to qualify for N400, then they never needed to remove conditions.

9 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Removal of conditions must always be applied for before the conditional card expires. If ROC is not done the PR status is lost . Previous poster is correct  No naturalisation without ROC... some people just end up with them being done at the same interview .. ROC will always be adjudicated first.. and if approved the N 400 is then able to be assessed 

Yup. And to add, many people remove the ROC and decide to take a break from USCIS and file N400 years down the road which falls under the 5 year rule. Doesnt mean they didnt RC. 

Also, someone could recieve a 10 year green card based on marriage of more than 2 years, never have to remove any conditions and be able to file N400 under the 3 year rule if still married. 

The two processes are completely independent, they just seem to be getting lumped up these days because of the outrageous wait time to RC 

Edited by ApplyingforN400

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Removal of conditions must always be applied for before the conditional card expires. If ROC is not done the PR status is lost . Previous poster is correct  No naturalisation without ROC... some people just end up with them being done at the same interview .. ROC will always be adjudicated first.. and if approved the N 400 is then able to be assessed 

13 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

4 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Yup. And to add, many people remove the ROC and decide to take a break from USCIS and file N400 years down the road which falls under the 5 year rule. Doesnt mean they didnt RC. 

Also, someone could recieve a 10 year green card based on marriage of more than 2 years, never have to remove any conditions and be able to file N400 under the 3 year rule if still married. 

The two processes are completely independent, they just seem to be getting lumped up these days because of the outrageous wait time to RC 

There are other ways to qualify for N-400 without ever having to deal with I-751.  I-751 only comes into play when GC is acquired through a marriage. I think we both are talking about different 5 years rules. 

Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 1:46 PM, CoffeeVegan said:

Hi folks,

Just trying to get a sense of how many of us with ROC pending recieved the recent case transfer. No pressure, but if you could kindly fill the details( in order of the month & year please)maybe it may help us understand better.Again this is in regards to the Case transfer for those of us who have applied for N 400 and pending ROC. Thank you.

Name| ROC applied month& year| N 400 applied month& year |Case Transfer date| Transfer Center| Local Field office|

Coffee Vegan| April 17| March 18|05-03|NBC|MI

One more thing to add could be where they applied CSC or VSC.

2 hours ago, Asilarmani said:

I got transferred to NBC ? What does it mean? 

So did all of us and we are all hoping and waiting for someone to recieve an update so that we could all get a better idea of what to expect. The best guess IMHO is RFE/Approval / Interview.🌼

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

I called the USCIS number and the automated line said that my case has been transferred to Laguna Niguel CA, while the  mail said it has been transferred to NBC 😥😏

Edited by CoffeeVegan

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.