JackandRed

NVC processing-Second time around

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hi all:

Our case was reaffirmed and sent back to NVC for a second time. The case was logged in on May 3rd. Since all docs and fees been paid how long do you think it would take for interview?

2 minutes ago, JackandRed said:

Hi all:

Our case was reaffirmed and sent back to NVC for a second time. The case was logged in on May 3rd. Since all docs and fees been paid how long do you think it would take for interview?

Oh? What happened the first time?

2 minutes ago, JackandRed said:

We were denied; revoked. Filed appeal and won. 

Congratulations! My goodness, why were you denied? (If you don't mind me asking)

Timeline
1 minute ago, barashka said:

Congratulations! My goodness, why were you denied? (If you don't mind me asking)

Consulate did not believe marriage bona fide. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I’m currently on this process now. My case was reaffirmed as well. Uscis send it back to NVC then after NVC finish doing what they need to do on their part, they send it back to the US consulate overseas. Once consulate receive the emailed me and sent package 4 and all the things my husband needed to bring to the interview. He has to do a new medical and police clearance, also your spouse or you would have to login and pick a new interview date. Once it reaches the consulate for the second time around they will contact the beneficiary to let your spouse know it’s been reaffirmed and will provide the necessary steps on things to do next.  If you need further assistance, message me! 

Edited by Aishat919

Timeline
8 hours ago, Aishat919 said:

I’m currently on this process now. My case was reaffirmed as well. Uscis send it back to NVC then after NVC finish doing what they need to do on their part, they send it back to the US consulate overseas. Once consulate receive the emailed me and sent package 4 and all the things my husband needed to bring to the interview. He has to do a new medical and police clearance, also your spouse or you would have to login and pick a new interview date. Once it reaches the consulate for the second time around they will contact the beneficiary to let your spouse know it’s been reaffirmed and will provide the necessary steps on things to do next.  If you need further assistance, message me! 

Good day Aishat919:

Thanks for sharing your experience.  The question I have is how to create a login and request an interview date and when should this take place? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@JackandRed the consulate overseas should of emailed you the website and from there you can create the login for new person and pick your interview date. In the same letter they should give you the time to pick and all you have to do is go and pick an available date you want. Our next available date was four months out, you the quicker you do it the better.  I’ve attached what they sent me 

Edited by Aishat919

Timeline
2 hours ago, Aishat919 said:

@JackandRed the consulate overseas should of emailed you the website and from there you can create the login for new person and pick your interview date. In the same letter they should give you the time to pick and all you have to do is go and pick an available date you want. Our next available date was four months out, you the quicker you do it the better.  I’ve attached what they sent me 

Thanks for your response.  I have the one P4 interview letter for 6/16/16. I did not receive the attachment you mentioned. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Aishat919 said:

50672F81-F01E-4ADE-96FE-EF2CD8848D85.jpeg

C3EB3620-47EC-4240-8D05-6E7DFBCB41D5.jpeg

Thanks for sharing.  Unfortunately I have not received a notice like this yet. It's only been two weeks at NVC, nothing from the embassy yet.

Timeline
On 5/17/2018 at 5:23 PM, JackandRed said:

Thanks for sharing.  Unfortunately I have not received a notice like this yet. It's only been two weeks at NVC, nothing from the embassy yet.

I received the notice from nvc that our reaffirmed petition was forwarded to Senegal. Hopefully soon we'll receive word.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.