Ilovemykorean

Please don’t be to mean :(

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

So I met my boyfriend year 2016 of November. He was from Korea and he extended his stay up to this date as illegal. We don’t know what to do.  I’m thinking to have him go back home as his own will and petition him as my fiancé?  I’m scared that he might not allowed to come back because of our president here in America... we don’t know what to do.... we love each other very much..

Well if he leaves he will face at least 3 year ban (or 10 years depending how long he overstayed). 

IF you are a US citizen you can get married now and file for his adjustment of status. 

Hopefully he never claimed to be US citizen or lied about his status  - for example when/if he was working illegaly.  

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I assume he entered legally?!

If so, and you are a US citizen you could get married and adjust his status thru that!

But I would advise only get married if you‘re ready for it and sure about it..

If he would leave now tho, he‘ll be getting a ban for a couplebof years so that‘s the other side of this...

Good luck

Are you a US citizen?

Are you two ready to be married?

If you answered yes to both of those questions then you can file adjustment of status for him while he is here. That means he will not have to leave.

Follow the guides here... http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

If you want to be with him, I don't recommend him to go back...because he overstayed, he is facing a ban of 3 years or more. If you are an USC, you can marry him and filed a petition for him without him having to leave.

A friend of mine married his long time gf and mom of his child and she was illegal (11 years of overstayed), she got her green card in less than 6 months and her overstayed was never brought to the table.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
Just now, Dee elle said:

The process is still available but expect 18 months not 6 

the process is longer now but my point is the my friend's wife didn't have an issue to get her GC even though she was here illegal

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you want to move with him ti his home country.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ilovemykorean said:

I’m scared that he might not allowed to come back because of our president here in America...

You and a lot of others really need to understand everything being enforced immigration wise is actually already laws on the books, they just now are being enforced as he was elected to do. Your bf's either overstay of a visa or possible illegal entry, you haven't entirely specified yet, is his own fault, no one else's.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ilovemykorean said:

He didn’t enter the america illegally. He had a tourist visa for 3 months valid. But he overstayed 

Then either you marry him and adjust his status or he goes home and faces a 3 - 10 year ban.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Send him back to North Korea? I’m hoping you just chose the wrong flag.  

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ilovemykorean said:

So I met my boyfriend year 2016 of November. He was from Korea and he extended his stay up to this date as illegal. We don’t know what to do.  I’m thinking to have him go back home as his own will and petition him as my fiancé?  I’m scared that he might not allowed to come back because of our president here in America... we don’t know what to do.... we love each other very much..

What exactly do you mean 'Our President here in America?'. Your boyfriend deliberately illegally did something against America's laws and the President is at fault!!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

You and a lot of others really need to understand everything being enforced immigration wise is actually already laws on the books, they just now are being enforced as he was elected to do. Your bf's either overstay of a visa or possible illegal entry, you haven't entirely specified yet, is his own fault, no one else's.

I agree with you a 100000%

The only people who should be concern is the people don't following legal routes, he didn't create the laws, those lows were there long time before his time.

If you are following a legal procedure to the T, you should't have to face any issues. I think we need to stop blaiming the guy and start following rules just like in any country

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ilovemykorean said:

He didn’t enter the america illegally. He had a tourist visa for 3 months valid. But he overstayed 

Then he has done something illegal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.