Rumbe

N-652 Interview mixed results 2018

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I went  on February 13 2018 for my interview for U.S. citizenship (N400) Everything went great, I answered all the questions correct, there were no issues. and then the officer gave me form N652 and told me that I passed the english & history test and that the USCIS will send me a written decision via mail. On the N-652 form the 2 things that were checked were 1) "you passed the tests of english and us history and government". 2) "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application". Now i am so confused, I dont know if there is an issue or not and I feel like an idiot for not asking the officer whats the reason the N652 didnt have "Congratulations..." checked.
It pass almost 90 days and I don't know anything about it. 
Did anyone have similar expirience? should I be worried?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Happens quite a lot not everyone gets approved on same day at the spot. It’s quite common for officers to channel a recommendation of approval to a supervisor for the final approval. Just keep an eye on your status and it should change to oath ceremony schedule once everything is done.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rumbe said:

I went  on February 13 2018 for my interview for U.S. citizenship (N400) Everything went great, I answered all the questions correct, there were no issues. and then the officer gave me form N652 and told me that I passed the english & history test and that the USCIS will send me a written decision via mail. On the N-652 form the 2 things that were checked were 1) "you passed the tests of english and us history and government". 2) "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application". Now i am so confused, I dont know if there is an issue or not and I feel like an idiot for not asking the officer whats the reason the N652 didnt have "Congratulations..." checked.
It pass almost 90 days and I don't know anything about it. 
Did anyone have similar expirience? should I be worried?

You can setup an infopass appointment or call them. Although, calling is not always useful. USCIS is legally obligated to give you an answer within 120 days of the interview. I would just remind them that your case hasn't updated for all these time. It's a big bureaucracy and often times things fall through the crack. There is noting to worry about unless you did something wrong. Mine took more than 15 month to get from Allocation to Oath but it all worked out without issues.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Timeline

To be honest I have never had problems of any kind since within my profession at work in the security industry, I have more than twenty years in this beautiful country that has given me good opportunities, and it is unfortunate that the bureaucracy in this administration has delays procedures that were previously made in a few months

I know I'm not the only one who is going through this type of inconvenience, but I hope quickly that I have a quick solution

Thank you for support and letting me know your previous experience 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I was in the same situation - with my case, the system was down and they couldn't pull out my biometric fingerprints online? Yeah go figure.  

Anyways, mine got resolved very quick in less than 2 weeks.  I got a call in this case to let me know to come in for the oath ceremony (which happens to be tomorrow!).  

I think it maybe time to make either InfoPass since it's almost past 90 days? Or - you can also tell your congressman? 

Timeline

Well basically I don' know why or what' is going on with this case 

But the past Monday I call them to se what they have to say about my case and according to what the mention to me, the delay is depending on the offcer that have the case and how fast he can get done and go forward 

Also the offcer told me that there is nothing to worry about on my case. 

So what I have to do is just have a lot patient 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 10/5/2018 at 12:09 PM, Rumbe said:

Well basically I don' know why or what' is going on with this case 

But the past Monday I call them to se what they have to say about my case and according to what the mention to me, the delay is depending on the offcer that have the case and how fast he can get done and go forward 

Also the offcer told me that there is nothing to worry about on my case. 

So what I have to do is just have a lot patient 

Up To this time I still waiting for my oath ceremony appointment 

Last month I call them to check out why is taking so long my citizenship and they told me that they approved but I didn't get anything from them yet. 

I got already 15 months with this case and I have no idea what they doing 

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2018 at 3:48 PM, Rumbe said:

Up To this time I still waiting for my oath ceremony appointment 

Last month I call them to check out why is taking so long my citizenship and they told me that they approved but I didn't get anything from them yet. 

I got already 15 months with this case and I have no idea what they doing 

Rumbe, have you gotten info pass app?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.