wimpog

AOS: 10 month still no I-485, nor I-765, nor I-131

45 posts in this topic

Hello,

It's been a little over 10 months (see my timeline) since we've mailed the AOS packet and other than the receipts and the biometrics haven't gotten anything else, no I-485 approval, nor I-765, nor I-131, nor an RFE.

Went to an InfoPass appointment today and was told the National Benefits Center is very busy and backlogged. He said it now takes up to 1.5 years for them to process AOS. He was surprised however that I-765 and I-131 approvals or notifications hadn't come in and submitted a ticket to expedite it.
I want to say that the person at the InfoPass appointment at Lawrence, MA was very polite, understanding and helpful.

Has anyone else been waiting that long?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you receive a confirmation of receipt for any of them? 

nevermind i just read that.

I think that the ead and ap IS way too long. something must be wrong. 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Yeah, the AP and EAD applications are way outside normal processing timelines. Hopefully you hear back on them soon.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Took us from aug 6 receipt date to march 15 to receive ead. We did have a rfe though in jan.

I think nbc is processing our family case.

Enamorada

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did my Biometrics July 21, 2017 I believe haven’t heard anything since just enjoying the golden state as I’ve been told to wait wait and wait time and time again. 

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2016/10/24

NOA1 : 2016/11/3

NOA2 : 2017/1/24

NVC Received : 2017/2/14

Consulate Received : 2017/2/16

Packet 3 Rec Instructions : 2017/2/23

Packet 3 Sent : 2017/3/17

Packet 4 Rec : 2017/3/20

Medical Apt : 2017/4/3

Interview Date : 2017/4/19

K1 Approved : 2017/4/19

3 minutes ago, Sirisaysyes said:

Did my Biometrics July 21, 2017 I believe haven’t heard anything since just enjoying the golden state as I’ve been told to wait wait and wait time and time again. 

We also had the biometrics on July 21, 2017. Nothing ever since ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear that sounds like we’re in the same boat! I’ll see you at DHS FBI Detention Center! Just kidding hopefully it comes pretty smooth after all this wait!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2016/10/24

NOA1 : 2016/11/3

NOA2 : 2017/1/24

NVC Received : 2017/2/14

Consulate Received : 2017/2/16

Packet 3 Rec Instructions : 2017/2/23

Packet 3 Sent : 2017/3/17

Packet 4 Rec : 2017/3/20

Medical Apt : 2017/4/3

Interview Date : 2017/4/19

K1 Approved : 2017/4/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 25/4/2018 at 3:35 PM, wimpog said:

Hello,

It's been a little over 10 months (see my timeline) since we've mailed the AOS packet and other than the receipts and the biometrics haven't gotten anything else, no I-485 approval, nor I-765, nor I-131, nor an RFE.

Went to an InfoPass appointment today and was told the National Benefits Center is very busy and backlogged. He said it now takes up to 1.5 years for them to process AOS. He was surprised however that I-765 and I-131 approvals or notifications hadn't come in and submitted a ticket to expedite it.
I want to say that the person at the InfoPass appointment at Lawrence, MA was very polite, understanding and helpful.

Has anyone else been waiting that long?

Yes!! Over here!! We've been waiting 254 days and I've sent 2 service requests for my husband's I-131 and supposedly it was completed and an officer has our case and then we sent another one with a T2 officer and supposedly that was also completed and an officer is reviewing our case. We got an RFIE for the I-765 last month which was 7 months after sending in the AOS packet. I'm expecting and RFIE for the I-131 but we haven't received anything :( I can't believe you've been waiting 10 months and nothing... 

We've contacted our senator and the ombudsman and nothing yet. Debating on scheduling an infopass appointment.... do you think that helped you a little bit?

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

I would strongly suggest contacting the Ombudsman and your Senator/Rep. I was in the same boat (check my signature for my timeline), and contacting both of those people is what got USCIS to finally look at my application and send me my EAD/AP. Opening service requests directly with USCIS is pointless because they will just tell you to wait more. 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

1 hour ago, yogabbaz said:

Yes!! Over here!! We've been waiting 254 days and I've sent 2 service requests for my husband's I-131 and supposedly it was completed and an officer has our case and then we sent another one with a T2 officer and supposedly that was also completed and an officer is reviewing our case. We got an RFIE for the I-765 last month which was 7 months after sending in the AOS packet. I'm expecting and RFIE for the I-131 but we haven't received anything :( I can't believe you've been waiting 10 months and nothing... 

We've contacted our senator and the ombudsman and nothing yet. Debating on scheduling an infopass appointment.... do you think that helped you a little bit?

Jeez. I can't believe you're still waiting! I would suggest contacting a different Congressperson if your senator hasn't been useful or hasn't contacted USCIS for you. You should really be getting a "card in production" message any day now (it seems like they send you the EAD/AP pretty quickly after their receive a response to an RFIE). I basically sent the Ombudsman a really desperate email about how long it had been - and the next day, I got an approval message.

2 minutes ago, yogabbaz said:

Sorry to hear about your experience so far. Looks like we're in the same boat. It is actually 11 months for me now.

What kind of RFIE for the I-765 have you gotten? What is that RFIE asking you about?
The only thing that I could see at the moment the InfoPass appointment has helped is to push the EAD case a bit forward, that is to expedite it. I now see the status of it has been updated that it's been processed. Haven't received anything in the mail yet. The person at the InfoPass appointment did say it the AP and EAD should have been done long time ago.

43 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I would strongly suggest contacting the Ombudsman and your Senator/Rep. I was in the same boat (check my signature for my timeline), and contacting both of those people is what got USCIS to finally look at my application and send me my EAD/AP. Opening service requests directly with USCIS is pointless because they will just tell you to wait more. 

How do I contact the Ombudsman and my Senator/Rep.? Do I write a letter to them? What do I tell them? Thank you for the suggestion. I might as well do that, I just don't know the process of contacting them.

3 hours ago, wimpog said:

How do I contact the Ombudsman and my Senator/Rep.? Do I write a letter to them? What do I tell them? Thank you for the suggestion. I might as well do that, I just don't know the process of contacting them.

I would highly recommend contacting your Congressperson (Senator or Rep - go to their website and there should be some place where they talk about helping constituents). Your profile says you're in MA - here's Sen. Elizabeth Warren's "assistance" page: https://www.warren.senate.gov/services/findassistance

Google and find out who your local county representative is. They may be more responsive than the senator's office.

Also fill out a case request for the CIS Ombudsman here https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

5 hours ago, Hamilton said:

I would highly recommend contacting your Congressperson (Senator or Rep - go to their website and there should be some place where they talk about helping constituents). Your profile says you're in MA - here's Sen. Elizabeth Warren's "assistance" page: https://www.warren.senate.gov/services/findassistance

Google and find out who your local county representative is. They may be more responsive than the senator's office.

Also fill out a case request for the CIS Ombudsman here https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Thank you, Sir, for this information! I will get started on it. How do you suggest constructing a letter to them? Do I just write my story in plain English and ask them to look into it? Do I need to send any evidence with the letter, etc.?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.