Wes and Louisa

Interview Prep & Packet 3

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got a notification last wk to say our case was now being transferred to the Montreal Consulate and got the case #, we tracked it online and it is now showing as ready so i submitted packet 3. I got an email back saying that the case is not ready yet and i am not required to submit packet 3 yet - has this happened to anyone else? If so, do you resend it again or do i just wait now?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Wes and Louisa said:

We got a notification last wk to say our case was now being transferred to the Montreal Consulate and got the case #, we tracked it online and it is now showing as ready so i submitted packet 3. I got an email back saying that the case is not ready yet and i am not required to submit packet 3 yet - has this happened to anyone else? If so, do you resend it again or do i just wait now?

Required documentation is submitted at the interview

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Montreal refuses almost all of the packet 3s if they are sent before requested, using that standard email. Your best bet is to wait. Ours has been in status ready for two weeks now. Fingers crossed that they email us requesting packet 3 any day now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Canada regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Can someone please explain where to check for a status? I keep seeing people comment that they have a "ready" status but don't know what it means. I received noticed that my application was being sent to Montreal from NVC last week and so far havent heard anything from Montreal. I have no filled out the DS-160. I have a case number from NVC. Is there anything else I can do? Help please! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Liz Bohne said:

Can someone please explain where to check for a status? I keep seeing people comment that they have a "ready" status but don't know what it means. I received noticed that my application was being sent to Montreal from NVC last week and so far havent heard anything from Montreal. I have no filled out the DS-160. I have a case number from NVC. Is there anything else I can do? Help please! 

Hey @Liz Bohne, you can check the status here - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Timeline
2 hours ago, J❤️J said:

Hi!   For your Canadian police certificate, did you get fingerprinted? Im in Montreal and I found a company that does PC, one service requires 2 government ids, the other is fingerprints... I'm not quite sure which one to get... Thoughts? 

Fingerprints aren't needed unless you've ever been convicted I think.  

@reblem14,

Perusing your timeline and I was wondering if you'd be up for some questions....?

1) Your timeline states that MTL received your petition on May 8th and you also received Packet 3 on the same day. Did they really mail you it the same day or did you just email the DS160/checklist to them when CEAC reported your status as READY without them asking for it and they just randomly accepted it (rather than telling you to wait)?

2) It also states the you received Packet 4 the following day...are there any extraordinary circumstances regarding your case that isn't shown in your timeline?

3) Your interview date is June 6th (Congrats!!). Was that the earliest availability (30 days-ish) from when you received Packet 4 and the go ahead to schedule? Tell is a little bit about what was available, how many weeks beyond that etc. 

Any insight would be great! Your timeline after NOA2 went pretty fast so I'd just like to have a feel for your experience.

If you have the time to enlighten us....😁

Timeline
On 5/20/2018 at 12:28 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

@reblem14,

Perusing your timeline and I was wondering if you'd be up for some questions....?

1) Your timeline states that MTL received your petition on May 8th and you also received Packet 3 on the same day. Did they really mail you it the same day or did you just email the DS160/checklist to them when CEAC reported your status as READY without them asking for it and they just randomly accepted it (rather than telling you to wait)?

2) It also states the you received Packet 4 the following day...are there any extraordinary circumstances regarding your case that isn't shown in your timeline?

3) Your interview date is June 6th (Congrats!!). Was that the earliest availability (30 days-ish) from when you received Packet 4 and the go ahead to schedule? Tell is a little bit about what was available, how many weeks beyond that etc. 

Any insight would be great! Your timeline after NOA2 went pretty fast so I'd just like to have a feel for your experience.

If you have the time to enlighten us....😁

Hey there, sorry for the late reply.  Crazy weekend.  

1) Yes I did receive it the same day which I couldn't believe.  I did go ahead and send the DS-160 Confirmation and checklist to them expecting the standard reply but then a few hours later I got Packet 3 by email.  Which I submitted right away since I had it all ready to go.    I ended up getting Packet 3 in the mail just this week so it's really nice that they actually email it to you first.

2)  I think it's pretty common to get Packet 4 right away after submitting Packet 3 so that wasn't too much of a surprise.  Nope, no extraordinary circumstances.

3) Yes when I received Packet 4 that was the first available spot.  I didn't look too much at how far ahead they schedule but I think it was about a month and only on Wednesdays.

2 hours ago, demortae said:

Hey guys!

So our case status is Ready as of Friday past, so i just wait for the packet 3 email now,  correct? Definitely don't want to make any mistakes at this point! lol

See above to what reblem14 did.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 10:53 AM, demortae said:

Hey guys!

So our case status is Ready as of Friday past, so i just wait for the packet 3 email now,  correct? Definitely don't want to make any mistakes at this point! lol

I notice your case was received by the Montreal Consulate on 05/18/18 and you received your packet 3 on 05/22/2018. I wonder why it's longer for some than others. They received my case on 05/08/2018 and I haven't heard anything yet about packet 3. I tried submitting it, and they sent the generic response telling me not to. 

Did you receive packet 3 instructions by email or mail? Some say it comes by mail, and other say Montreal does everything by email. Any insight is appreciated :)

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
3 hours ago, NikkiMarie said:

Did you receive packet 3 instructions by email or mail? Some say it comes by mail, and other say Montreal does everything by email. Any insight is appreciated

We got everything by email.  I'm not sure if it's because our case was sent electronically from the nvc or something else.  But my fiance also got an email saying our case was expedited from the nvc, but I've seen others say all electronic file are. 

I hope you hear something soon! 

This whole process is pretty unpredictable. We had an RFE from USCIS, and most people get a response in less than 2 weeks, and it took about 5 weeks for us to hear anything.

Edited by demortae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.