coco84

CASE COMPLETED TO INTERVIEW - EMPLOYMENT BASE VISA - April

285 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everybody, my interview is next Friday June 15, and my husband and I are freaking out because we just realized his job title has change since the PERM was approved! He has been promoted twice and salary has change a lot too!!! Still same employer and same line of jobs!!! Has anyone heard of somebody having problems over this??

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My experience was not so good actually.

My wife was the primary applicant. officer asked few questions about any other marriage or any US visit etc? Nothing asked about the job related. For my surprise they took my fingerprint and my wife's. My wife and kids got Visa, but mine refused as they handover a note  saying my(spouse) resume and marklists with grades from graduation. They didn't asked this anywhere and not even at the time of interview. Never ever heard about this for EB category for spouse. Now mine is in Administrative Processing to send all these.

So whenever you go for interview, take whatever document you have or your spouse, not sure what they will ask. 

Will update later when I get mine.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
21 minutes ago, SSeb said:

My experience was not so good actually.

My wife was the primary applicant. officer asked few questions about any other marriage or any US visit etc? Nothing asked about the job related. For my surprise they took my fingerprint and my wife's. My wife and kids got Visa, but mine refused as they handover a note  saying my(spouse) resume and marklists with grades from graduation. They didn't asked this anywhere and not even at the time of interview. Never ever heard about this for EB category for spouse. Now mine is in Administrative Processing to send all these.

So whenever you go for interview, take whatever document you have or your spouse, not sure what they will ask. 

Will update later when I get mine.

Sorry but I'm having a hard time understanding why you were put in AP. They asked you for more documents? School diplomas? Do you have them?

If you do just submit them as soon as you can and you will be ok. 

Timeline

I had all my documents except marklist of my graduation, I had my graduation certificate, They didn't ask me any document actually instead handed over the refusal letter which was saying to submit graduation transcripts with grades and resume which they didn't ask at the time of interview or form submission. I sent them today and now waiting for their update on the same.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SSeb said:

I had all my documents except marklist of my graduation, I had my graduation certificate, They didn't ask me any document actually instead handed over the refusal letter which was saying to submit graduation transcripts with grades and resume which they didn't ask at the time of interview or form submission. I sent them today and now waiting for their update on the same.

You will be ok.  Thx fir the update.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

14 hours ago, SSeb said:

Sseb, why did they ask you for your school transcripts and diplomas if you were q derivate spouse??? I mean, they should only care for proof of marriage and birth certificate for the kids??? They can only ask for that to your wife! Maybe they did not understand you were not the principal applicant???

Edited by coco84

Timeline
8 hours ago, coco84 said:

Sseb, why did they ask you for your school transcripts and diplomas if you were q derivate spouse??? I mean, they should only care for proof of marriage and birth certificate for the kids??? They can only ask for that to your wife! Maybe they did not understand you were not the principal applicant???

Yes, I know that they should only check the marriage details as my wife is the principal applicant. I don't have any clue why they have asked my education details and resume. Anyway I sent all docs what they have asked and waiting for their reply which may take 6-8 weeks, I pray for this to happen early.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Gupp said:

To Sseb ,

Did you told the office that it do not say anywhere in uscis web site or nvc website nor it was on RFE[if there was any] ..if you don't mind tell us about your wife's EB3 Profession category.

Are you eb3 dependent.,?

I didn't say. But what I heard earlier they can ask any document which you should be prepared to give. For my surprise people are coming with all the docs in their life(5-6 big files). My wife is EB3- RN and yes I am EB3 dependent.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SSeb said:

I didn't say. But what I heard earlier they can ask any document which you should be prepared to give. For my surprise people are coming with all the docs in their life(5-6 big files). My wife is EB3- RN and yes I am EB3 dependent.

On DS260 they ask about education, so I assume that's why to see  you have the education you claimed on DS260, that's the only reason I could think of.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hm, that is strange. My wife (EB2-dependent) was not asked about her education in her DS-260, only occupation.

Can these questions differ from country to country?

Spoiler

☑ Started the whole thing – December 13, 2016

☑ PWD request filed – January 19, 2017 

☑ PWD issued – April 7

☑ PERM certification filed – July 18

☑ PERM approved – November 14, 2017

☑ I-140 filed with PP – January 30, 2018 

☑ I-140 approved – February 27

☑ I-140 sent to NVC – March 19

NVC case number issued – May 17

NVC Scan Date – June 11

NVC Case Complete – June 14

☑ Interview scheduled – July 16

☑ Medical exam – July 17

☑ Interview completed – August 21

☑ Visa received – August 27

☐ Touch down – September 28

Timeline
3 hours ago, artml said:

Hm, that is strange. My wife (EB2-dependent) was not asked about her education in her DS-260, only occupation.

Can these questions differ from country to country?

There is a section on all DS260 that is Previous work/ Education/ Training Information.

Timeline

Yes, but in that section her DS-260 displayed only questions for current occupation and employer. No employment history, no education history, nada. And the "Additional" tab asked only whether she served in the military, that's it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

image.thumb.png.bbd88526cf009f13342c111fb1407cb9.png

UPD: just to clarify, in my DS-260 I had to answer all these questions as a primary applicant. The full list of employers for the past 10 years, the full list of universities/schools attended, all the usual stuff. I was genuinely surprised to not see any of these in her form.

Edited by artml
Spoiler

☑ PWD issued – April 7

NVC Scan Date – June 11

☑ Medical exam – July 17

Timeline
4 minutes ago, artml said:

Yes, but in that section her DS-260 displayed only questions for current occupation and employer. No employment history, no education history, nada. And the "Additional" tab asked only whether she served in the military, that's it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

image.thumb.png.bbd88526cf009f13342c111fb1407cb9.png

There is a question " Have you ever attended  any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?"

Timeline
19 minutes ago, maryLu said:

There is a question " Have you ever attended  any educational institutions at a secondary level or above?"

Yes. It showed up only in my form, but not in hers. 

That is the actual screenshot I took from the submitted form. It has no unanswered questions, it has been reviewed by our lawyers, so we didn’t just omit something.

I was really puzzled by this when we filled out the forms.

Spoiler

☑ PWD issued – April 7

NVC Scan Date – June 11

☑ Medical exam – July 17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.