LMDXB

K1 Visa Interview at US Embassy Abu Dhabi

363 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2018 at 2:10 AM, jillglitter said:

Hi guys! Is there anyone here who is about to file their petition? Me and my fiance will file our petition on first week of December. I live in Abu Dhabi. But I am on a visit visa right now, do you guys have any idea if it is going to affect the approval of our petition? 

hi according to what i read in other forum it will not affect. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 4/7/2018 at 1:03 PM, LMDXB said:

I would like to share my experienced on my K1 visa interview last April 1, 2018 at 8:00 am Abu Dhabi. I live in Dubai. Two hours away If I will go with the public bus so, I decided to check  in a hotel at Blumont ,5 minutes drive from US embassy thru taxi.

Me and my friend reached to the Embassy at 5:45 am, Yay! I was the first but we sat on the last bench at waiting area then after 5 minutes some of the applicants came and they sat to the very first bench. So I lost my chance to be the first. My advise to the applicants, be at the very first bench when you reach early..

At 7:30 Security guards started  calling us to be in the queue to enter the building with our passport and DS-160 with the appointment letter. NO bags allowed, that's why I brought along my friend to keep my bags while I am inside the building. Wallets and phone are allowed but only mobile phone will be handed over to the guard and will be given back after the interview.

At 8:35 we entered to the second building where we had our token numbers. I had number 2 instead of having  the number 1, still thankful not really far. Then I was called to handover the documents like DS-160, scheduled appointment letter  and the procedures sent thru email from USEM, original and passport copy, original and copy of my birth certificate, original NBI from Philippines, Police Clearance from UAE, original and copies of Divorce paper from my Fiance, Income Tax transcript - I handed over 2015,2016, 2017 but he took only the latest year 2017, original Affidavit of support I-134 and  2 pcs 2 x 2 photos of mine, then he asked me if my one and only 7 year old son will be part of the petition, I told him NO but we will get him soon and asked me to set back and wait for my number to be called again.

After a while, a lady called my number for finger printing and was told to set back again for the interview with the Consul. My heart beats fast, its the Judgement time! But I prayed to GOD to keep myself relax. At 9:00 am, I was called for the interview with the Consul in a private room. When I entered the room I saw a young lady - which is the Consul, she was nice and accommodating that helps me felt comfortable. She asked my name and more questions like:

1. Where did me and my Fiance met?

2. How many times we met?

3. How long I've been in UAE?

4. Which company I  work for?

5. Did I travel other countries?

6. Where is my Fiance live?

7. How long the First marriage of my Fiance lasted?

8. Where is the daughter of my Fiance live?

9. When was the engagement happened?

10. What are our wedding plans?

11. Pictures of us together during our first meeting and second meeting

12. Screen shots of our conversations - she asked me if a have a very current one - I had only til mid of March

13. Have you been married? I said NO. I have my CENOMAR but she didn't ask

She then asked If we will file a petition for my only son, I replied Yes soon. Then she asked my Medical Results and handover me back some documents and said well, everything looks good CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!. Thanks GOD, what a great gift on the Easter day!!!!!. Visa approved. She then gave me a white small paper with the information where and when to pick up my passport. The interview lasted 15 minutes.

To the applicants just be yourself, be confident, be honest and straight forward to your answers. God bless us all.

Man do u have any idea about why consular put me to AP im egyptian and he tell me we will review your case and will answer u 1!!22 days now and im stil under AP

16 hours ago, AMGAD ABDELMESSIH said:

Man do u have any idea about why consular put me to AP im egyptian and he tell me we will review your case and will answer u 1!!22 days now and im stil under AP

It is clearly because of your red flags.   37 year age difference with the woman being older, in your culture, is a huge thing to overcome.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

It is clearly because of your red flags.   37 year age difference with the woman being older, in your culture, is a huge thing to overcome.

Okay i understand this ... but i dont ever read on the terms that our case can be denied becasue of this
Plus uscis approved us

Just now, AMGAD ABDELMESSIH said:

Okay i understand this ... but i dont ever read on the terms that our case can be denied becasue of this
Plus uscis approved us

It’s not up to USCIS, it’s up to the consulate.  USCIS merely determines if you have met the BASIC requirements for the I-129F petition:  the petitioner is a USC, one in-person meeting has occurred within the two years prior, and that both parties are legally able and willing to conclude a  valid marriage within 90 days of the alien fiancé’s POE.   That’s IT.   USCIS approves petitions only.  

Actual visas are only approved by consulates, and COs are legally required to assess applications for risks for immigration fraud.   And historically, cases with many red flags and components that go against local cultural norms are associated with immigration fraud, as are applications from certain countries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/7/2018 at 3:03 PM, LMDXB said:

I would like to share my experienced on my K1 visa interview last April 1, 2018 at 8:00 am Abu Dhabi. I live in Dubai. Two hours away If I will go with the public bus so, I decided to check  in a hotel at Blumont ,5 minutes drive from US embassy thru taxi.

Me and my friend reached to the Embassy at 5:45 am, Yay! I was the first but we sat on the last bench at waiting area then after 5 minutes some of the applicants came and they sat to the very first bench. So I lost my chance to be the first. My advise to the applicants, be at the very first bench when you reach early..

At 7:30 Security guards started  calling us to be in the queue to enter the building with our passport and DS-160 with the appointment letter. NO bags allowed, that's why I brought along my friend to keep my bags while I am inside the building. Wallets and phone are allowed but only mobile phone will be handed over to the guard and will be given back after the interview.

At 8:35 we entered to the second building where we had our token numbers. I had number 2 instead of having  the number 1, still thankful not really far. Then I was called to handover the documents like DS-160, scheduled appointment letter  and the procedures sent thru email from USEM, original and passport copy, original and copy of my birth certificate, original NBI from Philippines, Police Clearance from UAE, original and copies of Divorce paper from my Fiance, Income Tax transcript - I handed over 2015,2016, 2017 but he took only the latest year 2017, original Affidavit of support I-134 and  2 pcs 2 x 2 photos of mine, then he asked me if my one and only 7 year old son will be part of the petition, I told him NO but we will get him soon and asked me to set back and wait for my number to be called again.

After a while, a lady called my number for finger printing and was told to set back again for the interview with the Consul. My heart beats fast, its the Judgement time! But I prayed to GOD to keep myself relax. At 9:00 am, I was called for the interview with the Consul in a private room. When I entered the room I saw a young lady - which is the Consul, she was nice and accommodating that helps me felt comfortable. She asked my name and more questions like:

1. Where did me and my Fiance met?

2. How many times we met?

3. How long I've been in UAE?

4. Which company I  work for?

5. Did I travel other countries?

6. Where is my Fiance live?

7. How long the First marriage of my Fiance lasted?

8. Where is the daughter of my Fiance live?

9. When was the engagement happened?

10. What are our wedding plans?

11. Pictures of us together during our first meeting and second meeting

12. Screen shots of our conversations - she asked me if a have a very current one - I had only til mid of March

13. Have you been married? I said NO. I have my CENOMAR but she didn't ask

She then asked If we will file a petition for my only son, I replied Yes soon. Then she asked my Medical Results and handover me back some documents and said well, everything looks good CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!. Thanks GOD, what a great gift on the Easter day!!!!!. Visa approved. She then gave me a white small paper with the information where and when to pick up my passport. The interview lasted 15 minutes.

To the applicants just be yourself, be confident, be honest and straight forward to your answers. God bless us all.

Hi just want to ask, I’m living in UAE too, I do received a mail from NVC stating my case number and the place of the interview which is in Abudhabi, now we track it into Ceac site it shown “ ready “ so will be okay to apply for Ds-160 now and do the payment without any receiving mail from Usem, pls do advice and pls share where and which bank we do the payment transaction for Ds-160 fee. Thanks a lot 

Lavinia 77,

Mine  it took 4 mos to get approved, NOA1. My suggestion, better get a proof that you are not married from your country. It defends on the consul sometimes they ask, better make it secure to avoid delays.

• 3 weeks later...

After almost two years, we have an interview tomorrow. We used an attorney, A HORRIBLE ONE, and don't have the full DS 160 just the confirmation. Please help.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:07 PM, lavinia77 said:

Anyone knows how long it takes to get the interview date in abu Dhabi, we just now sent out the documents to us is!? Thanks 

It took almost 1 and half years due to a mix up.

49 minutes ago, GeeRaf said:

After almost two years, we have an interview tomorrow. We used an attorney, A HORRIBLE ONE, and don't have the full DS 160 just the confirmation. Please help.

It took almost 1 and half years due to a mix up.

hi. just follow what is written on your packet 3. just relax and answer the question truthfully. make sure your papers is complete

2 hours ago, j.b. said:

hi. just follow what is written on your packet 3. just relax and answer the question truthfully. make sure your papers is complete

That's the issue. We have a completed DS 160 on file but only have the confirmation page. We're concerned that it may be an issue. We have everything else.

Update. The interview went well. Forgot the 2017 tax papers, didn't realize they were needed for the interview. Have an appointment on Jan 6 to take them in. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update, we thought the initial interview went well, now it's in AP. They're wanting more POR. I lived in AD for the first five years of our relationship. We submitted over 350 pages of chats and such. We've been on vacation together. What else could they want? There's not a huge difference in age. (5 years).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.