LMDXB

K1 Visa Interview at US Embassy Abu Dhabi

363 posts in this topic

I would like to share my experienced on my K1 visa interview last April 1, 2018 at 8:00 am Abu Dhabi. I live in Dubai. Two hours away If I will go with the public bus so, I decided to check  in a hotel at Blumont ,5 minutes drive from US embassy thru taxi.

Me and my friend reached to the Embassy at 5:45 am, Yay! I was the first but we sat on the last bench at waiting area then after 5 minutes some of the applicants came and they sat to the very first bench. So I lost my chance to be the first. My advise to the applicants, be at the very first bench when you reach early..

At 7:30 Security guards started  calling us to be in the queue to enter the building with our passport and DS-160 with the appointment letter. NO bags allowed, that's why I brought along my friend to keep my bags while I am inside the building. Wallets and phone are allowed but only mobile phone will be handed over to the guard and will be given back after the interview.

At 8:35 we entered to the second building where we had our token numbers. I had number 2 instead of having  the number 1, still thankful not really far. Then I was called to handover the documents like DS-160, scheduled appointment letter  and the procedures sent thru email from USEM, original and passport copy, original and copy of my birth certificate, original NBI from Philippines, Police Clearance from UAE, original and copies of Divorce paper from my Fiance, Income Tax transcript - I handed over 2015,2016, 2017 but he took only the latest year 2017, original Affidavit of support I-134 and  2 pcs 2 x 2 photos of mine, then he asked me if my one and only 7 year old son will be part of the petition, I told him NO but we will get him soon and asked me to set back and wait for my number to be called again.

After a while, a lady called my number for finger printing and was told to set back again for the interview with the Consul. My heart beats fast, its the Judgement time! But I prayed to GOD to keep myself relax. At 9:00 am, I was called for the interview with the Consul in a private room. When I entered the room I saw a young lady - which is the Consul, she was nice and accommodating that helps me felt comfortable. She asked my name and more questions like:

1. Where did me and my Fiance met?

2. How many times we met?

3. How long I've been in UAE?

4. Which company I  work for?

5. Did I travel other countries?

6. Where is my Fiance live?

7. How long the First marriage of my Fiance lasted?

8. Where is the daughter of my Fiance live?

9. When was the engagement happened?

10. What are our wedding plans?

11. Pictures of us together during our first meeting and second meeting

12. Screen shots of our conversations - she asked me if a have a very current one - I had only til mid of March

13. Have you been married? I said NO. I have my CENOMAR but she didn't ask

She then asked If we will file a petition for my only son, I replied Yes soon. Then she asked my Medical Results and handover me back some documents and said well, everything looks good CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!. Thanks GOD, what a great gift on the Easter day!!!!!. Visa approved. She then gave me a white small paper with the information where and when to pick up my passport. The interview lasted 15 minutes.

To the applicants just be yourself, be confident, be honest and straight forward to your answers. God bless us all.

Congratulations, allowe me to ask you how long time it’s took after the NOA2, and the interview should be only at Abu Dhabi because im also staying in Dubai?

*~*~*country-specific information moved to MENA sub-forum*~*~*

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

On 4/7/2018 at 3:03 PM, LMDXB said:

I would like to share my experienced on my K1 visa interview last April 1, 2018 at 8:00 am Abu Dhabi. I live in Dubai. Two hours away If I will go with the public bus so, I decided to check  in a hotel at Blumont ,5 minutes drive from US embassy thru taxi.

Me and my friend reached to the Embassy at 5:45 am, Yay! I was the first but we sat on the last bench at waiting area then after 5 minutes some of the applicants came and they sat to the very first bench. So I lost my chance to be the first. My advise to the applicants, be at the very first bench when you reach early..

At 7:30 Security guards started  calling us to be in the queue to enter the building with our passport and DS-160 with the appointment letter. NO bags allowed, that's why I brought along my friend to keep my bags while I am inside the building. Wallets and phone are allowed but only mobile phone will be handed over to the guard and will be given back after the interview.

At 8:35 we entered to the second building where we had our token numbers. I had number 2 instead of having  the number 1, still thankful not really far. Then I was called to handover the documents like DS-160, scheduled appointment letter  and the procedures sent thru email from USEM, original and passport copy, original and copy of my birth certificate, original NBI from Philippines, Police Clearance from UAE, original and copies of Divorce paper from my Fiance, Income Tax transcript - I handed over 2015,2016, 2017 but he took only the latest year 2017, original Affidavit of support I-134 and  2 pcs 2 x 2 photos of mine, then he asked me if my one and only 7 year old son will be part of the petition, I told him NO but we will get him soon and asked me to set back and wait for my number to be called again.

After a while, a lady called my number for finger printing and was told to set back again for the interview with the Consul. My heart beats fast, its the Judgement time! But I prayed to GOD to keep myself relax. At 9:00 am, I was called for the interview with the Consul in a private room. When I entered the room I saw a young lady - which is the Consul, she was nice and accommodating that helps me felt comfortable. She asked my name and more questions like:

1. Where did me and my Fiance met?

2. How many times we met?

3. How long I've been in UAE?

4. Which company I  work for?

5. Did I travel other countries?

6. Where is my Fiance live?

7. How long the First marriage of my Fiance lasted?

8. Where is the daughter of my Fiance live?

9. When was the engagement happened?

10. What are our wedding plans?

11. Pictures of us together during our first meeting and second meeting

12. Screen shots of our conversations - she asked me if a have a very current one - I had only til mid of March

13. Have you been married? I said NO. I have my CENOMAR but she didn't ask

She then asked If we will file a petition for my only son, I replied Yes soon. Then she asked my Medical Results and handover me back some documents and said well, everything looks good CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!. Thanks GOD, what a great gift on the Easter day!!!!!. Visa approved. She then gave me a white small paper with the information where and when to pick up my passport. The interview lasted 15 minutes.

To the applicants just be yourself, be confident, be honest and straight forward to your answers. God bless us all.

Hi.. how many days it took for you from noa2 to interview date? thank you.

Hi GandL2017,

It took us 1 month and 1 day to received the email confirmation from USEM. And for the appointment of interview it depends on the available dates given by their system.

17 hours ago, LMDXB said:

Hi GandL2017,

It took us 1 month and 1 day to received the email confirmation from USEM. And for the appointment of interview it depends on the available dates given by their system.

Thank you for the info.. is the dates for the interview usually full or have lots of slots for the interview? I'm worried I will wait more months to get the nearest date... currently waiting for the nvc case no. 

Hello GandL2017,

Don't worry just be patient for waiting. Mine I applied for an appointment last March 3, 2018 and the latest date pops up was 1 of April and it helped us  because were lacking some documents that was asked on my interview. So in between that date we gathered all. Where do you live here in UAE?

56 minutes ago, LMDXB said:

Hello GandL2017,

Don't worry just be patient for waiting. Mine I applied for an appointment last March 3, 2018 and the latest date pops up was 1 of April and it helped us  because were lacking some documents that was asked on my interview. So in between that date we gathered all. Where do you live here in UAE?

Ohhh that's good coz I'm worried saw on other posts that will wait few months to get an appointment for an interview..hopefully when it's my turn will be same waiting days as you...fingers crossed! I'm living in Abu Dhabi :)  Thanks a lot!

Edited by GandL2017

On 4/15/2018 at 6:49 AM, LMDXB said:

congratulations!!! just want to clarify if the 1 month waiting period for you on the Packet3 was from the time the case became ready in the CEAC website? 

If it's really from the NOA2 date then you're so lucky :wub:

Edited by Xie_xong

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Hi Xei-xong,

I could say I am one of the lucky applicants, Thank you. We have worked for it with the help of our Agency Rapid Visa. 

NO1 - we received on 5 May 2017 - petition has been approved with the receipt number

NO2 - we received on 01 Feb 2018 - received from NVC  with the Case number

11 Feb 2018 - Received an email from USEM Abu Dhabi

13 Feb 2018 - Case was READY 

01 April 2018 - Appointment for Interview

11 minutes ago, LMDXB said:

Hi Xei-xong,

I could say I am one of the lucky applicants, Thank you. We have worked for it with the help of our Agency Rapid Visa. 

NO1 - we received on 5 May 2017 - petition has been approved with the receipt number

NO2 - we received on 01 Feb 2018 - received from NVC  with the Case number

11 Feb 2018 - Received an email from USEM Abu Dhabi

13 Feb 2018 - Case was READY 

01 April 2018 - Appointment for Interview

Did you reach out to them the embassy for the packet?

Hi Anlooom and m,

The packet was attached to the email from USEM and I have called them too for some clarifications. If you have queries you can reach them on this number 02-4476084.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.