1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Nightshadow said:

We mailed ours in March, but apparently had not used the most up-to-date I-485 form, so had to refile, they just received it today... Hope there's no additional RFE's or any of that junk. Doh!  :(

That sucks :(

Hopefully nothing else will set back your application!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

I was worried that it could be difficult given the expiry of my I-94 but today the biggest headline for undocumented immigrants in California was that they were still able to obtain a driver's license if they are able to provide a form of residency:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/residency_requirement

It looks like I can use my husband's mail as proof in concordence with our marriage certificate. I think I lucked out, but I'll find out next Tuesday with my appointment at the DMV.

I had so much "fun" with the DMV....honestly some times it almost feels like we are aliens....they dont know what we want, what we have, how to work with what we have. :D 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, T_P said:

I had so much "fun" with the DMV....honestly some times it almost feels like we are aliens....they dont know what we want, what we have, how to work with what we have. :D 

Based on all the comments my husband has made about the DMV, I'm bracing myself for the worst customer service lol.

Timeline
Just now, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

Based on all the comments my husband has made about the DMV, I'm bracing myself for the worst customer service lol.

Best thing you can do. That way will avoid surprises. Good luck (you will need)

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

We were supposed to be February filers, or early March. Our first petition was received bu USCIS on the 10th of February and on the 7th of March I discovered they returned our package - it got rejected. Eventually, it turned out it was entirely our fault. :D

On April 2, they received our applications again ( Monday noon) and yesterday ( Thursday midnight) we got our 3 e-notifications. Now, we're waiting for NOA hard copies. We will see how it goes this time!

Good luck to everyone :star::star::star:

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in this group and I need some suggestion.

1. I came to US in Feb 2017 on B2(Visitor) visa to visit my family. I often come to US for 6 months in US almost every year. My I-94 expiry date was Aug 2017. I was taken to secondary inspection at POE regarding my frequent visits.

2. I met my husband in May 2017. He was a Green card holder. We decided to get married and filed for my B2 extension and I-130 for Consular processing. Since then I am in US. I have not received any decision on my first extension so after 6 months I filed for my 2nd B2 visa extension so that I can stay in US. In the meantime my husband filed for his citizenship and today 04/06/2018, he becomes the citizen and I become his Immediate relative.

All the above processing was done by our attorney till date except my husband's citizenship process (which we had done ourselves)

Now here is the current situation.

1. I had filed my I-130 petition in F2A category. My PD is July 25, 2017. There is no NOA2 received yet.

2. Now I have become an immediate relative that means I don't have to wait for my date to be current and I can file AOS and packet IV.

I want to know where should I send my papers to upgrade my application. USCIS or directly to NVC?

I want to submit all my papers myself instead of going through an attorney as I already gave the hefty amount to him and there is an additional cost which is equivalent to the fees he is asking.

Please advise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone I just saw this thread and am super excited because I will be turning in our AOS packet this month and so I am glad I have all of you here going through the same thing. We are currently in Houston and the K1 expired March 1st so we are not too sure about the drivers license situation but hoping to just go there and get our questions answered because looking online and trying to get ahold of someone over the phone seem to be impossible. 

I do have a question for you guys regarding the medical. We should be ok I would think because it states we do not need another medical if he had his done within the year but I read somewhere that we will need to still see a civil surgeon in the US to get him to look over the results as well and put them in another sealed envelope. Did anyone do this or did you just send in what you had?

Timeline
8 hours ago, krissy002 said:

Hi everyone I just saw this thread and am super excited because I will be turning in our AOS packet this month and so I am glad I have all of you here going through the same thing. We are currently in Houston and the K1 expired March 1st so we are not too sure about the drivers license situation but hoping to just go there and get our questions answered because looking online and trying to get ahold of someone over the phone seem to be impossible. 

I do have a question for you guys regarding the medical. We should be ok I would think because it states we do not need another medical if he had his done within the year but I read somewhere that we will need to still see a civil surgeon in the US to get him to look over the results as well and put them in another sealed envelope. Did anyone do this or did you just send in what you had?

I assumed the medical for the K1 visa was a part of this application, or would still show in our immigration records but the process for it is different. The I-864 form needs to be completed, stamped and sealed by a civil surgeon here in the States. 

So what you received for the K-1 does not qualify for the AOS process, as that would have been verified by a physician outside of the US.

Hope that makes sense. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I flew out to the US at the end of October and we got married December 16th. Only just now getting round to applying. Hopfully sending it out at the end of this week :)

If anyone else is doing a K2 AOS please let me know!

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Hello! I also filed last week. Mailed via USPS on 4/4 and got a text from USPS saying it arrived at Chicago on 4/6. 1 business day passed so far. Long journey has begun.

Our field office is Denver, CO. According to the stats, it seems like Denver especially takes a long time. Not so excited about that. We also have a week long travel plan from 5/31. I am hoping that the biometrics will come before that. Really don't want to change the date, and don't want to walk in for a possible early fingerprints at such a busy location. 

Is this thread only for K1s? I am adjusting through marriage from H1B, which will expire in May, but extension petition has been filed by the employer. So I have two things going on at the same time. Adjusting from status other than K1 takes longer I heard:( 

Edited by Koni10

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

Timeline

Hey. Thankful for this thread! 

Came on a k1 visa. We mailed ours 29th March  and it arrived 30th March to Chicago. We used usps tracking. So We saw it got there. Taking into account it arrived on good Friday. Not sure if they are open then the USCIS. Anyway. No updates as of yet. So impatient already 😔

Edited by ChristaandJosh

Hey guys, quick question, does my fiance need another police certificate to file for AoS? Our POE is April 18th, so we still have time to get another one if needed. I think he got his original one in December if that helps.

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Timeline
3 hours ago, BVGApeach said:

Hey guys, quick question, does my fiance need another police certificate to file for AoS? Our POE is April 18th, so we still have time to get another one if needed. I think he got his original one in December if that helps.

No need, during the AOS they do a different background check along with the one that was already sent by your spouse. 

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

21 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey. Thankful for this thread! 

Came on a k1 visa. We mailed ours 29th March  and it arrived 30th March to Chicago. We used usps tracking. So We saw it got there. Taking into account it arrived on good Friday. Not sure if they are open then the USCIS. Anyway. No updates as of yet. So impatient already 😔

I was impatient back in February when we filed, only to find out after almost a month that we got rejected...

This time round it happened fast.
April 2, Monday noon USCIS received the petition
April 5, Thursday just before midnight, e-mail notifications, following day texts
April 10, Tuesday, hard copies in hand, NOA1 April 5
I even did not check the mail box on Monday...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Martella&T said:

I was impatient back in February when we filed, only to find out after almost a month that we got rejected...

This time round it happened fast.
April 2, Monday noon USCIS received the petition
April 5, Thursday just before midnight, e-mail notifications, following day texts
April 10, Tuesday, hard copies in hand, NOA1 April 5
I even did not check the mail box on Monday...

Hii. :)

Our payment got taken today. So that's a good sign! Just waiting on notification texts and emails. 

Glad your process so far has been fast. ☺☺ I think everyones case is different so it depends on who processes it and how slow or fast they work maybe? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.