Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum. I am hoping to get some light from fellow applicants because I don't wanna nag my lawyer any further. Is anyone still waiting for their I-797 approval? My Recommendation was sent on Dec14 and have no further updates yet. Is there a way for me to find out if USCIS has indeed received the recommendation from The DOS? I know I am still within the time line of 4-8weeks, but is it usually this long? It's been more than a month since my status was "recommendation, sent". Anyone in limbo like me? Thank you.

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Katykats_md said:

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum. I am hoping to get some light from fellow applicants because I don't wanna nag my lawyer any further. Is anyone still waiting for their I-797 approval? My Recommendation was sent on Dec14 and have no further updates yet. Is there a way for me to find out if USCIS has indeed received the recommendation from The DOS? I know I am still within the time line of 4-8weeks, but is it usually this long? It's been more than a month since my status was "recommendation, sent". Anyone in limbo like me? Thank you.

If you have received notice of action from USCIS, it will have receipt number and with which you can track your progress on USCIS case status website. 

Timeline

Urgent Advise Needed:

With my DS 3035 I submitted prepaid self-addressed envelopes from UPS, I received a favorable recommendation on 10 Jan and have still not received the copy of favorable recommendation from DOS. Is it because I did not submit USPS envelopes ? Please advise.

9 hours ago, Waiveriga said:

Posting this for others:

IGA physician waiver

DOS favorable recommendation 7 December 2018

USCIS waiver approval 3 Jan 2019

H1B application sent (with premium processing): 11 Jan 2019, received: 14 Jan 2019, approved: 21 Jan 2019

Good luck everyone.

I am working with a lawyer, but is there a way for me to personally check my status rather than keep on asking him if he has received the approval? If my favorabke recommendation has been sent way back Dec14 should he receive the NOA receipt number already?

On 1/17/2019 at 2:15 AM, DS5535-Jeddah-O1A said:

If you have received notice of action from USCIS, it will have receipt number and with which you can track your progress on USCIS case status website. 

Thank you! Can I assume that my lawyer has received this NOA receipt number if my favorable recommendation has been sent way back Dec14?

Timeline
Just now, Katykats_md said:

Thank you! Can I assume that my lawyer has received this NOA receipt number if my favorable recommendation has been sent way back Dec14?

I will check with the lawyer to find out the receipt number from USCIS. Going by the dates, you should have NOA from USCIS by now.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Katykats_md said:

I am working with a lawyer, but is there a way for me to personally check my status rather than keep on asking him if he has received the approval? If my favorabke recommendation has been sent way back Dec14 should he receive the NOA receipt number already?

Can you please ask your lawyer that is it OK to submit selfaddressed envelopes from UPS  instead of USPS ? I appreciate your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

I sent my package through FedEx and they received it on Dec 22nd. The NOS from home country was submitted electronic on the 18th. 

So far my case online was not updated. It has been a month already. Is that normal? I emailed them and got no answer back.

N-400 - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 177 Days (+124 days for Passport)

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Applied Online

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Biometric Reuse

Day 112 - 12/07/22 - Interview Letter

Day 147 - 01/11/23 - Interview 

Day 177 - 02/10/23 - Oath

Day 301 - 06/14/23 - Passport

ROC - Texas Service Center - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 469 Days

Spoiler

Day 000 - 09/29/21 - Sent Mail

Day 001 - 09/30/21 - ROC Delivered

Day 009 - 10/10/21 - NOA Received in the mail

Day 059 - 11/30/21 - Biometrics

Day 323 - 08/18/22 - Case transferred to another office

Day 382 - 10/16/22 - Fingerprints were applied

Day 469 - 01/11/23 - Approval/Interview

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ - 212 Days

Spoiler

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ

Day 000 - 04/20/19 - Sent Priority Mail (4lb - 12oz, ~700 pages, $19)

Day 001 - 04/24/19 - AOS Delivered

Day 007 - 04/30/19 - Credit Card Charged & Text for NOA.

Day 012 - 05/05/19 - NOA Received in the mail (PD: 04/23/19, RD: 04/23/19)

Day 017 - 05/10/19 - NOA2 Biometrics Appointment (Action Date: 05/03/19)

Day 031 - 05/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment

Day 042 - 06/04/19 - Case Ready to be Scheduled an Interview

Day 160 - 09/27/19 - Interview Scheduled

Day 173 - 10/10/19 - EAD Card in Production

Day 204 - 11/14/19 - Interview Date

Day 204 - 11/14/19 -  Approved and Card in Production

Day 212 - 11/22/19 - Card Received in the Mail

Timeline
4 minutes ago, okland said:

Hi,

I sent my package through FedEx and they received it on Dec 22nd. The NOS from home country was submitted electronic on the 18th. 

So far my case online was not updated. It has been a month already. Is that normal? I emailed them and got no answer back.

It takes 6-8 weeks as per DOS website so if its not been 2 months, I would say there is no need to worry.

3 hours ago, okland said:

Hi,

Myself and one member Filipo is also waiting for status update for a month. My documents were received by DoS on December 28th and no update yet.

It looks there is some shutdown influence on the process may be due to low number of necessary staff working in DoS (other affected) though other members disagree and government websites suggests J1 waiver is not affected but didn't mention if slowed down due to shutdown (what I believe is a case now). No one knows definite answer by the way. Check other shutdown thread to be in the loop and keep us posted with your status.

3 hours ago, okland said:

Hi,

Check Step 4 using following link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/exchange/waiver-of-the-exchange-visitor/how-to-apply-waiver.html

After you complete Steps 1-3, your waiver application is complete. To check the status of your case, go to the J Visa Waiver Online webpage and select “Check the status.” Next, enter your case number. It will say if we received your DS-3035 online application and fee payment (Step 2 of the Instructions) and supporting documents (Step 3 of the Instructions). The system will also inform you if any required documents are missing. Allow approximately one month after submitting a complete application before checking your status. You may send questions about your case or questions that are not answered on this website to 212ewaiver@state.gov. We will send you a response by email.

Has your contact information (address, phone number, or email address) changed? You must update your information on the J Visa Waiver Online webpage. Select “Inform the Department of State of a change to personal data.” We can contact you only if we have your accurate contact information. 

I just did more research, and observe that this note suggests, one month after completing all steps 1-3 that includes receiving NOS. So your status must be available by February 18th 2019, I believe.

Although, according to previous threads, status was updated within 20 days of receiving documents, but as per this website note, let's wait little more.

32 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Myself and one member Filipo is also waiting for status update for a month. My documents were received by DoS on December 28th and no update yet.

It looks there is some shutdown influence on the process may be due to low number of necessary staff working in DoS (other affected) though other members disagree and government websites suggests J1 waiver is not affected but didn't mention if slowed down due to shutdown (what I believe is a case now). No one knows definite answer by the way. Check other shutdown thread to be in the loop and keep us posted with your status.

Actually that's pretty common. I sent my stuff on 11/8 and they just received on 12/17. I know it's weird to wait that long,  but that how it goes for most of us. Personal advice: looking all the time for updates just makes you more anxious.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.