1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 1/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, VG31 said:

@AhsanTX@thepanda @QAF2A @Tenreyro@Bfree3  

How are you doing? Any new updates at your end?

Hope things are fine with you guys.

Thnx,

V

No updates yet, just working with the EAD. At this point I am really finding it difficult to make assumptions about the interview date. 

Best of luck to all of us.  

June 28, 2018         : AOS Package Sent

July 02, 2018          : AOS Package delivered at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

July 10, 2018          : Received USCIS e-notification for AOS package reception

July 14, 2018          : Received hardcopies of all 3 NOA1s by mail

July 20, 2018          : Received Biometric Appointment Notice by mail || Appointment date: August 3, 2018

July 25, 2018          : Biometrics done in Lubbock, TX - Early Walk-In successful!

July 31, 2018          : Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

August 2, 2018       : I-130 petition approved (received e-notification)

August 6, 2018       : Received I-130 approval notice (NOA2) by mail 

October 25, 2018   : I-765 approved (received e-notification _ New Card Is Being Produced)

October 28, 2018   : Received I-765 & I-131 approval notice by mail

November 1, 2018 : Received EAD Combo Card by mail

July 03, 2019          : An Interview was scheduled

July 11, 2019          : Received Interview Notice by mail

August 8, 2019       : Attended AOS interview and got approved

August 12, 2019     : Received AOS approval notice by mail

August 15, 2019     : Received Green Card by mail

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, thepanda said:

No approval of i-130 yet and also no GC yet. Kinda expected that. I am gonna get worried when the Final Action Chart A will become current and I don't get my GC by then. But for now I am quite busy with work. 

@thepanda Thanks for the update. I am still awaiting for my EAD/AP. I cannot go outside of US until i receive my AP. Also, my H1b is going to expire soon and will need to file for an extension and this is going to be final year of H1b out of 6 years max validity.

No updates on interview yet, still showing the same status and same for i-130 pending with NBC.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

V

1 hour ago, AhsanTX said:

No updates yet, just working with the EAD. At this point I am really finding it difficult to make assumptions about the interview date. 

Best of luck to all of us.  

Thanks @AhsanTX for the update.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Bhumi said:

Hello guys.

I am sad.😓

I don't know when they will schedule my interview?

Waiting is killing me.

@Bhumi What's your PD and field service center?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys! 

I have finally received my EAD and AP(PD date Aug 10, 2018)

As of right now, i haven’t succeed in upgrading my i130 application from F2A to IR. Everytime we call, we get different answers. ( we even got told that we can’t upgrade the petition until it goes to NVC or that I should send a letter to NVC even though I have clearly explained that I am in US with pending AOS application) 

We have put  2 service requests so far and nothing.

i130 is still pending at the NBC ( it was transferred there from CSC) (PD aug 22, 2017)

I485 still pending at NBC

If anybody has any advice regarding upgrading my I130 petition it would be greatly appreciated. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Oanagmzo said:

Hey guys! 

As of right now, i haven’t succeed in upgrading my i130 application from F2A to IR. Everytime we call, we get different answers. ( we even got told that we can’t upgrade the petition until it goes to NVC or that I should send a letter to NVC even though I have clearly explained that I am in US with pending AOS application) 

i130 is still pending at the NBC ( it was transferred there from CSC) (PD aug 22, 2017)

If anybody has any advice regarding upgrading my I130 petition it would be greatly appreciated. 

@Oanagmzo Hi, My I130 (PD Dec 2016) got approved after my i485 interview. since your PD is Aug 2017 i believe you have quite some time on your hand before either of them can be approved.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, senpal86 said:

@Oanagmzo Hi, My I130 (PD Dec 2016) got approved after my i485 interview. since your PD is Aug 2017 i believe you have quite some time on your hand before either of them can be approved.

Did your spouse become usc like my case? Or still F2A category? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Oanagmzo said:

Did your spouse become usc like my case? Or still F2A category? 

I'm still in F2A. If you have updated your Spouse Citizenship status in your case, u should get you GC interview scheduled asap but again it depends on the case load of your local USICS center. And your i130 and i485 could be approved at the same time after ur interview.

54 minutes ago, VG31 said:

@Bhumi What's your PD and field service center?

Pd: 10th Feb 2017. For i130 they transfer from CSC to NBC.

And my i485 is saint Louis, MO.

I live in El paso,TX. 

1st time they took my interview in El paso,TX. 

Remember my i130 was pending so they did not took my interview. 

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Bhumi

Timeline
Just now, senpal86 said:

I'm still in F2A. If you have updated your Spouse Citizenship status in your case, u should get you GC interview scheduled asap but again it depends on the case load of your local USICS center. And your i130 and i485 could be approved at the same time after ur interview.

That’s what I’ve been trying to do, to update the his citizenship status.. But, nothing. I will keep on calling till I get some clear info or directions. At least I have my EAD now and i can work to take my mind of this whole process. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

I live in El paso,TX. 

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi @Bhumi it depends on the IO to continue with the i485 with pending i130 (i had my i485 interview with pending i130).

if your i130 has been approved now and processing date of your USCIS local office has gone past the feb 10, 2017,  u can either raise an service request or info pass (i don't know if info pass is still there)

13 hours ago, Bhumi said:

Hello guys.

I am sad.😓

I don't know when they will schedule my interview?

Waiting is killing me.

Hi Bhumi, 

Did you file by yourself or with lawyer. Now they are handling April. Some people  approved their I 130 late. You should contact uscis and also find lawyer if you don’t have one. 

Edited by Poohmini

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oanagmzo said:

Hey guys! 

Please see the below -

here is the official info I found from travel.state.gov site (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html ) -

When I filed a petition for my relative I was a Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder). I recently became a U.S. citizen. How does this affect my family members?

If you filed a petition for your spouse and/or children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you are now a U.S. citizen, the type of immigrant visa that your family members can receive will change. When you become a U.S. citizen, you must submit proof of citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC) so they can update your family member’s visa category. Scan and save one of the below items as a PDF or JPG file. Then send it as an e-mail attachment to AskNVC@state.gov. Write your case number in the subject line of your e-mail and attach either:

• A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or
  • A copy of your certificate of naturalization.

Effect on spouses and minor children: If you filed a petition for your spouse or minor children (under age 21 and unmarried) while you were an LPR, the visa category was family second preference (F2A). When you become a U.S. citizen, NVC will upgrade the petition to an immediate relative (IR) visa category. This benefits your immigrating family member(s) because there are no limits on the number of visas that can be issued each year in the IR categories.

• Important: If the family second preference (F2A) petition that you filed for your spouse included your minor children, now that you are a U.S. citizen you must file new and separate petitions for each child. This is because children cannot be included as “derivative applicants” on a parent’s immediate relative (IR) visa or petition. (This is different from the family second preference petition, which allows minor children to be included in their parent's petition.)

• Children born abroad after you became a U.S. citizen may qualify for U.S. citizenship. They should apply for U.S. passports. The consular officer will determine whether your child is a U.S. citizen and can have a passport. If the consular officer determines your child is not a U.S. citizen, the child must apply for an immigrant visa if he/she wants to live in the United States.

Effect on adult children: If you filed a petition for your unmarried adult children (age 21 or older) when you were an LPR, NVC will change the visa category from family second preference (F2B) to family first preference (F1). However, under a federal law called the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), visa applicants can “opt out” of conversion to the F1 visa category and remain an F2B visa applicant. This may be beneficial because sometimes the waiting time for an F2B visa is shorter than the waiting time for an F1 visa. When you naturalize and become a U.S. citizen, you should check the Visa Bulletin to see if it would be helpful for your adult unmarried child to remain in the F2B category. (Applicants keep the priority date of their F2B petition when it converts to the F1 visa category.) Applicants who want to opt-out of the F1 category must submit a request using these guidelines:

• Applicants whose case is at NVC should submit requests using NVC’s online inquiry form. NVC will forward the request to USCIS and change the visa category back to F2B upon receipt of USCIS’s approval.

• Applicants whose case is at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate overseas should ask the embassy to submit a request on their behalf. The consular officer will forward the request and adjudicate the visa application in the F2B category only upon receipt of USCIS’s approval.

Please note that the process to apply for a visa does not differ between the F2B and F1 categories. Visa applicants still need to pay the required fees, complete a visa application, and submit the required civil and financial documents. The only difference is in when their priority date becomes “current,” which is what allows a consular officer to adjudicate and issue an immigrant visa.

Timeline
1 minute ago, VG31 said:

Please see the below -

here is the official info I found from travel.state.gov site (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html ) -

When I filed a petition for my relative I was a Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder). I recently became a U.S. citizen. How does this affect my family members?

If you filed a petition for your spouse and/or children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you are now a U.S. citizen, the type of immigrant visa that your family members can receive will change. When you become a U.S. citizen, you must submit proof of citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC) so they can update your family member’s visa category. Scan and save one of the below items as a PDF or JPG file. Then send it as an e-mail attachment to AskNVC@state.gov. Write your case number in the subject line of your e-mail and attach either:

• A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or
  • A copy of your certificate of naturalization.

Effect on spouses and minor children: If you filed a petition for your spouse or minor children (under age 21 and unmarried) while you were an LPR, the visa category was family second preference (F2A). When you become a U.S. citizen, NVC will upgrade the petition to an immediate relative (IR) visa category. This benefits your immigrating family member(s) because there are no limits on the number of visas that can be issued each year in the IR categories.

• Important: If the family second preference (F2A) petition that you filed for your spouse included your minor children, now that you are a U.S. citizen you must file new and separate petitions for each child. This is because children cannot be included as “derivative applicants” on a parent’s immediate relative (IR) visa or petition. (This is different from the family second preference petition, which allows minor children to be included in their parent's petition.)

• Children born abroad after you became a U.S. citizen may qualify for U.S. citizenship. They should apply for U.S. passports. The consular officer will determine whether your child is a U.S. citizen and can have a passport. If the consular officer determines your child is not a U.S. citizen, the child must apply for an immigrant visa if he/she wants to live in the United States.

Effect on adult children: If you filed a petition for your unmarried adult children (age 21 or older) when you were an LPR, NVC will change the visa category from family second preference (F2B) to family first preference (F1). However, under a federal law called the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), visa applicants can “opt out” of conversion to the F1 visa category and remain an F2B visa applicant. This may be beneficial because sometimes the waiting time for an F2B visa is shorter than the waiting time for an F1 visa. When you naturalize and become a U.S. citizen, you should check the Visa Bulletin to see if it would be helpful for your adult unmarried child to remain in the F2B category. (Applicants keep the priority date of their F2B petition when it converts to the F1 visa category.) Applicants who want to opt-out of the F1 category must submit a request using these guidelines:

• Applicants whose case is at NVC should submit requests using NVC’s online inquiry form. NVC will forward the request to USCIS and change the visa category back to F2B upon receipt of USCIS’s approval.

• Applicants whose case is at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate overseas should ask the embassy to submit a request on their behalf. The consular officer will forward the request and adjudicate the visa application in the F2B category only upon receipt of USCIS’s approval.

Please note that the process to apply for a visa does not differ between the F2B and F1 categories. Visa applicants still need to pay the required fees, complete a visa application, and submit the required civil and financial documents. The only difference is in when their priority date becomes “current,” which is what allows a consular officer to adjudicate and issue an immigrant visa.

Oh, God. So I have to write them the change. Regardless if I have an AOS application. Thank you so much for this link. That was a mistake from my part for not reading into it. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

I live in El paso,TX. 

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance. 

Hold on tight, your PD will become current in next 2-3 months, probably by April and then you should expect some movement on your interview :)

In Feb visa bulletin Final Action Date for India and Worldwide is 1st Dec'16, so probably in next 3 months it will be current for you.

A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES

On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are authorized for issuance to all qualified applicants; and "U" means unauthorized, i.e., numbers are not authorized for issuance. (NOTE: Numbers are authorized for issuance only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the final action date listed below.)

Family-
Sponsored 
All Chargeability 
Areas Except
Those Listed
CHINA-mainland 
born
INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES 
F1 22SEP11 22SEP11 22SEP11 01AUG97 15MAR07
F2A 01DEC16 01DEC16 01DEC16 15NOV16 01DEC16
F2B 01MAY12 01MAY12 01MAY12 22JUL97 01JUL07
F3 22AUG06 22AUG06 22AUG06 22DEC95  22AUG95
F4 22JUN05 22JUN05 22JUN04 08FEB98 01OCT95

VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement)

Worldwide dates (except oversubscribed countries):

F1:  Up to five weeks
F2A: Up to one month
F2B: Up to two months
F3:  Up to two weeks
F4:  Up to six weeks

Edited by VG31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.