1,157 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, QAF2A said:

Hi all,

I just got my biometrics notice, date 3/16/18, it just came today. The appointment is scheduled at the begining of April. It's all going to happen!

Yes!!! Congrats!!! It is happenning, and every step is a further confirmation.

I was yesterday waiting for the mailman, but seems like he had run out of biometrics appointments.

I hope maybe today or Monday to hear something.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
7 hours ago, QAF2A said:

Hi all,

I just got my biometrics notice, date 3/16/18, it just came today. The appointment is scheduled at the begining of April. It's all going to happen!

woot woot! congrats.. @QAF2A     @Tenreyro yours will be there this week! be positive

8 hours ago, QAF2A said:

Hi all,

Around what day would your appointment be? 

I don't know if you guys are familiarized with the informal expression they have in the forum when USCIS 'touches' your case. I logged in at my USCIS account, and I saw that the most recent update on my case has Today,'s date for all three AOS forms. Maybe the appointment notice might have been sent.

6 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

I have one more question. Did u guys send G325A form Along with i485 ?

G325 is no longer required, see I-485 instructions. Some people with experience prior 2017, and lawyers mention it, but USCIS integrated the questions in I-485. The change is relatively recent, (9 months ago) so it is understandable some people think it still goes . See the news here dated June 2017:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-introduces-redesigned-form-green-card-applicants

I suggest you follow the instructions thoroughly and you should be okay.

Edited by Tenreyro

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

I have one more question. Did u guys send G325A form Along with i485 ?

No, I didn't. The form instructions tell you it's not needed.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tenreyro said:

Around what day would your appointment be? 

I don't know if you guys are familiarized with the informal expression they have in the forum when USCIS 'touches' your case. I logged in at my USCIS account, and I saw that the most recent update on my case has Today,'s date for all three AOS forms. Maybe the appointment notice might have been sent.

That newer system seems much more up to date. I got an e-mail telling me "we are still reviewing your case, the last time we modified or did anything with case was on January 12"  January 11 i changed to my new address, So they are actually doing something. Like I said, next week maybe even Monday you will get something. I really wish you had the informed delivery, You'd be able to tell a few days before. Its so handy.. Total bummer but keep yourself busy and that takes away from the stress and anxiety. I started the gym on Monday and I'm trying to do other activities on the daily.

Edited by Bfree3

Just now, Bfree3 said:

That newer system seemed much more up to date. I got an e-mail telling me "we are still reviewing your case, the last time we modified or did anything with case was on January 12"  January 11 i changed to my new address, So they are actually doing something. Like I said, next week maybe even Monday you will get something. I really wish you had the informed delivery, You'd be able to tell a few days before. Its so handy.. Total bummer but keep yourself busy and that takes away from the stress and anxiety. I started the gym on Monday and I'm trying to do other activities on the daily.

I checked it manually, I will turn on the notifications, to see if I get that kind of emails. 

I tried again to activate the Informed Delivery, but seems it is not possible in my zip code, I guess they don't have the technology. 

Quick update:

I received the notice on the mail, dated 03/17/2018 for the biometric appointment for both form I-485 and I-765. I am scheduled to go on April 6th.

@QAF2A said it best: It's all going to happen!

Edited by Tenreyro

11 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Quick update:

I received the notice on the mail, dated 03/17/2018 for the biometric appointment for both form I-485 and I-765. I am scheduled to go on April 6th.

@QAF2A said it best: It's all going to happen!

Hi @Tenreyro, I'm scheduled for April 5th. We are very close! Let's stay hopeful. We are almost there.

18 hours ago, GiselaMargareta said:

What does it mean when you have your biometrics appointment; do you get an approval on something right then and there?

No, it just means they take your fingerprints and photograph. They store that information on my record, but also send the fingerprints to the FBI to investigate any criminal background, which takes around 12 to 14 weeks.

After that time, the cases that might get approved are the Work Permit and/or the Advanced Parole. The Adjustment of Status will take longer, since my PD is in Dec 2016, I might get an interview in January or February 2019. (For F2A Adjustment of Status, they also need to wait for the Visa Bulletin, or they would have to do an approval to get approved as soon as the date becomes current, if interviewed before the date).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.