1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi All, Our I-601A waiver was approved in May 2017,  interview was on April 2018 in Juarez, my wife was refused because she brought her son in 1998 (7 years old), now we need to file I-601/212, my attorney said if Juarez field office accepts it then 3-4 months if they don't then file with USCIS and that could take up to 13 months. Any advise, suggestion, useful information would be highly appreciated, Good luck to us all.

my I601A was received on 3/9/2018 and 2 weeks later i received the receipt notice  my biometrics appt was received 3 weeks after they received my application, already did biometrics on 4/16/18 also on 4/9/2018 received an email from nvc saying The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The
applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate
the applicant’s visa application.

so I'm so exited about all this but the time goes by so slow i wish it would be a little bit faster..lol anyways i guess i have to play the waiting game i don't have a choice, buena suerte a todos..:jest:

my I601A was received on 3/9/2018 and 2 weeks later i received the receipt notice  my biometrics appt was received 3 weeks after they received my application, already did biometrics on 4/16/18 also on 4/9/2018 received an email fromnvc saying The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The
applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate
the applicant’s visa application.

so I'm so exited about all this but the time goes by so slow i wish it would be a little bit faster..lol anyways i guess i have to play the waiting game i don't have a choice, buena suerte a todos.:jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Ahhh, so the USCIS office in Nebraska can do an I-601a approval in a somewhat timely manner, a little less than three months.

I know you want to send all your documents to the NVC quickly, but please make sure you send EVERYTHING on their checklist or have your case delayed.  The infamous Police Clearance certificate for one.

Good luck and congrats on your I-601a approval.  Big step forward.  

We didn’t need the police clearance( hubby is from Mexico) to complete the NVC paperwork. Our Lawyer sent a letter stating that my husband will take that with him to his interview in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. We are going to the Mexican consulate to have them take fingerprints and prepare the notarized letter so his mother could get it for him and mail it to us before his appointment.  We are now just waiting for approval of i601a. 

4 hours ago, fazi73 said:

Hi All, Our I-601A waiver was approved in May 2017,  interview was on April 2018 in Juarez, my wife was refused because she brought her son in 1998 (7 years old), now we need to file I-601/212, my attorney said if Juarez field office accepts it then 3-4 months if they don't then file with USCIS and that could take up to 13 months. Any advise, suggestion, useful information would be highly appreciated, Good luck to us all.

Same thing happened to my husband. 4/16 appt denied for misrepresentation. 

We just sent in our I601 waiver yesterday. Unfortunately the current process is taking about 14 months or so. You can request to expedite, but it requires a life or death reason. So think about that. 

Just advise for all of you who are waiting for appts, remember everything you’ve ever said each time you entered the US. 

My husband was denied because he forgot what he said 12 years ago when he came to visit on a visa and they charged him with misrepresentation. Now we have to be apart for 1.5 year. 

Good luck to all 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, vikaare said:

Same thing happened to my husband. 4/16 appt denied for misrepresentation. 

We just sent in our I601 waiver yesterday. Unfortunately the current process is taking about 14 months or so. You can request to expedite, but it requires a life or death reason. So think about that. 

Just advise for all of you who are waiting for appts, remember everything you’ve ever said each time you entered the US. 

My husband was denied because he forgot what he said 12 years ago when he came to visit on a visa and they charged him with misrepresentation. Now we have to be apart for 1.5 year. 

Good luck to all 

Oh God, I am in the same situation, I have a 15 years old with diabetes and 9 years old with developmental delay (had multiple surgeries) and he has been constantly asking "Where is mom and when is she coming home", I don't know anymore what to tell him. Thanks for the update, God help us all.

7 minutes ago, fazi73 said:

Oh God, I am in the same situation, I have a 15 years old with diabetes and 9 years old with developmental delay (had multiple surgeries) and he has been constantly asking "Where is mom and when is she coming home", I don't know anymore what to tell him. Thanks for the update, God help us all.

Oh I’m so sorry. You might be able to get an expedite because of your kids’ problems. Use that. 

I’m planning to go to be with my husband because I don’t want him missing out on our 1 year old’s second year. 

Indeed, God’s blessings to all of us in these difficult situations. Hope they speed things up soon 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/7/2018 at 11:44 PM, Mansini77 said:

My wife's immigration visa was approved on Monday (April 30th).  We received the email from ASC on Thursday (May 3rd) late in the afternoon.  My wife picked up her passport and package from ASC the following Friday morning.  I pulled an all nighter, waking up at 6am to go to work and finishing at 8:30pm.  After a quick meal, I then ventured out of Denver at 11pm in my car to Juarez and arrived at 9am at her hotel.  We checked out and went straight to the crossing bridge.  The wait for inspection took nearly an hour, but that is typical of people trying to cross from Juarez into El Paso.  At the border, my wife's package was inspected by an immigration officer and her passport was stamped.  This process took around 20 minutes, there is a waiting area outside for family members.  About 20 miles outside of El Paso, there is another border checkpoint.  He simply asked if we were Americans, I told him my wife is from Mexico and I handed him her passport.  He took a quick look at her visa stamp said "Congratulations" and we went on our way.  After a quick lunch, we drove back to Denver and arrived back home at around 10pm.  That's roughly 38 hours without sleep, nothing  6 Red Bulls and an Ipod full of music can't fix.  Yesterday, I paid the final $220 for her perm resident card and it should arrive in a month or so, along with her SS card.  

I would like to thank the VJ community for helping make this possible.  We asked many different questions on the wheres, whats and whys of all things related to our case.  And we received a lot of great informative answers.  As the members of VJ have given us so much, I'll be staying active on VJ to answer anyone's questions through the forum thread, or through personal message.  I can only comment on I-601a cases involving a spouse from Mexico.  I am not an immigration attorney, but will answer anyone's questions to the best of my ability.  

My hope is that the recent movement of your I-601a waivers from NBC to USICS Nebraska doesn't delay your case too long.  Thank you and good luck to you all.

Congradulations !!!

On 4/17/2018 at 6:57 PM, Tatithedoors said:

Hi!!! I m in the same process... my case is NVC, it was received on 1/12/18 and my biometric paper appt on 1/19/18 set for 2/6/18...I hope everyone get news soon...

Hello! did you received via mail your receipt and biometric appointment? and how much did you paid for your biometric? 

tks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, JJ_M said:

Hello! did you received via mail your receipt and biometric appointment? and how much did you paid for your biometric? 

tks!

We got our receipt in the mail after 3 weeks then the biometrics appointment letter 3 weeks after that. Everything with them is through snail mail. The biometrics fee is already included in the Wavier fee ($715) you paid when you sent the forms. Hope this helps!😉

Edited by Scajer25

7 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

We got our receipt in the mail after 3 weeks then the biometrics appointment letter 3 weeks after that. Everything with them is through snail mail. The biometrics fee is already included in the Wavier fee ($715) you paid when you sent the forms. Hope this helps!😉

Thank you very much for the reply... it did help your answers. I did sent a check with my process kit... and i don't mind waiting a couple more months, actually helps me safe more money for the big day!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/22/2018 at 8:38 AM, mommyo2life said:

Hi , new to your thread :) I wish you all of the best luck! We are all in the same boat and we all need a lot of support and information. 

My case is Nebraska too and mine was accepted and recieved on 2/14/18 and I recieved my biometrics paper appt on 2/23/18 and I had my fingerprints appt set for 3/16/18. Now I am just waiting, I believe for the waiver to be approved and then get appt overseas? 

I hope everyone gets some news soon and best of luck again. 🙏🏻

Do you have an update on your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.