DVP

Local office shows my case received for I 751

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, DVP said:

Local office shows my case received for I 751 on March 5th-2018.(VSC)

How much time I can expect to complete I 751 from now?

Thank you...all...

VSC is currently processing cases from March 7, 2017 so technically your waiting period is around a year or less. 

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

According to the USCIS it says January 2017 but I would definitely trust, our processing times, more.

either way is about a year. It is very like your greencard will be expired before getting the new Gc. With a valid passport, you can get an i551 stamp that works as valid residence proof, while you wait

487EC97E-F91B-494C-8D20-F9F2E48BFD98.jpeg

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

I am currently in the same situation, our last interview was November 1st 2017 to remove condition on my Green Card. We have been married for 6 years. 

I saw it updated on the website stating that February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number 000000, at your local office. If you move, go to website or give us your new mailing address.

I wonder what will happened next. I have gone thru by far all kinds of process interviewed twice and site visits as well as phone call visits. Most of the process were alright and even got a statement from my neighbors and apartment manager. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just got notified the case was received on 4 march 2018 at local office.   Have filed N400  ( 28 Nov 17) concurrent with I751.  What are the chances that I could get both interviews together with my husband?  any information floating around about the concurrent filings.  

On 4/2/2018 at 11:16 PM, BigDaddyTod said:

I just got notified the case was received on 4 march 2018 at local office.   Have filed N400  ( 28 Nov 17) concurrent with I751.  What are the chances that I could get both interviews together with my husband?  any information floating around about the concurrent filings.  

Did not know we can do both together. How are you sure they are eligible? I am asking because I am curious. Would love to do this for my husband as well.

since california service center is taking so long you are authorized to file your N 400 when you are eligible.  That date is 90 prior to you 3 year green card date.   Mine was 24 Feb 2014, so i was eligible to file N400 on 28 Nov 2017.  You must be married to an american citizen at that time.   There are many different answers when you ask if it take longer or shorter to get you citizenship during concurrent.  From what i have seen they tend to do both the ROC and N400 interviews together if the ROC is still pending.  As long as california is taking why wait until you get your 10 year green card which could be 6 months or longer past when you could have applied for citizenship.  Apply at first available date you are eligible and get you priority date.   Every thing flows from that date.   Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/12/2018 at 6:38 PM, Petes30 said:

Did not know we can do both together. How are you sure they are eligible? I am asking because I am curious. Would love to do this for my husband as well.

if you are eligible by time .  you can file for N400 90 days prior to your GC anniversary.   3 year or 5 year.   3 year if you are married to an american citizen.     I believe it is better to get you priority date as soon as you are legally able to..  ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.