TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

765 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Good call. haha. Considering you filed even earlier than me, is waiting for the mail making you really antsy? I kind of want to go home right now and wait outside for the mailman all afternoon. 

Haha. I have moments of impatience and other moments where I try not to think about it. But it is way better now that I know they mailed it to me than before where there was no updates on my case.

Edited by AskerBRfromAZ

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

My card is hopefully being delivered today and shows up as a package. It's coming from Corbin, KY.

Your info was useful! Just saw on my Informed Delivery dashboard that pre-shipment info was sent to Corbin, KY minutes ago!

35 minutes ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

Your info was useful! Just saw on my Informed Delivery dashboard that pre-shipment info was sent to Corbin, KY minutes ago!

Awesome! They send it priority mail, which takes 2-4 days to get delivered. So I would say definitely this week!

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Awesome! They send it priority mail, which takes 2-4 days to get delivered. So I would say definitely this week!

I wasn't sure before because it was in the pre-shipment phase, but now it is saying that it is from the USCIS Corbin Facility. Yes! Probably getting here by Thursday or Friday.

Edited by AskerBRfromAZ

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

I GOT MY COMBO CARD!!  Omg, it has been 209 days since I filed. Finally, the nightmare is over. 

Thanks everyone for the support and help through this horrible process. If anyone is still waiting for their EAD/AP, please feel free to message me here or via private message if there's anything I can do to help.

Congrats!

But 209 days is nothing! Haha...

Edited by AskerBRfromAZ

4 minutes ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

Congrats!

But 209 days is nothing! Haha...

You are the only person here who can say that :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ok guys so I received my RFIE...

And it is a relief on this emotional rollercoaster :rolleyes: because it is not about I 864

But I am a little puzzled and would like to know what you guys think about it...

The RFIE is for the marriage certificate, exact wording; "submit a copy of the marriage certificate, issued by the appropriate civil authority, between the K1 applicant and the I 129 F petitioner..."

I submitted a copy of the marriage certificate of course, a certified copy... In Utah it is the marriage license (it says marriage license on top) which is then signed by the witnesses+us+person who married us, then stamped with official clerk seal + stamp certifying that it is a certified copy. 

I was confused when I filed about whether this was the right document to send because it says license and not certificate so I called the clerk and they said that was the only official paper they delivered + after looking online seems like several states proceed this way where the marriage certificate and license is the same thing and the license becomes the certificate once recorded and stamped... Am I mistaken? I am going to call again and triple check...

Also I don't remember how many copies I sent 1 or 2... maybe they are just missing a copy for EAD? Lost it?

Do you think that anything else could be the issue?

The marriage document is in my maiden name and I filed in my married name but that shouldnt be an issue seems pretty normal..

I think I remember someone else having a similar RFIE/RFE in the August thread but I couldnt find it...Does anyone remember?

Thanks for your advice..., just want to make sure I send the right thing back in (basically the same certified copy of marriage license/certificate/samethingprobably

3 minutes ago, Louv said:

Ok guys so I received my RFIE...

And it is a relief on this emotional rollercoaster :rolleyes: because it is not about I 864

But I am a little puzzled and would like to know what you guys think about it...

Hmm that's bizarre, but at least it's pretty straightforward! They might have misplaced it or need another copy for whatever reason. I think we only submitted one copy with our app and it was fine. Hard to predict this process. 

I would write a very clear cover letter with the two points you made - 1) in Utah it's called a license (I actually don't think this should be an issue at all, they must get plenty of apps from Utah); 2) that it reflects your maiden name and you have since changed your name (and any evidence of paperwork changing the name). My wife didn't change her name so I'm not sure how that works, but doesn't the certificate usually reflect your married name? Either way, it's something you should be able to easily clarify in a cover letter. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Hmm that's bizarre, but at least it's pretty straightforward! They might have misplaced it or need another copy for whatever reason. I think we only submitted one copy with our app and it was fine. Hard to predict this process. 

I would write a very clear cover letter with the two points you made - 1) in Utah it's called a license (I actually don't think this should be an issue at all, they must get plenty of apps from Utah); 2) that it reflects your maiden name and you have since changed your name (and any evidence of paperwork changing the name). My wife didn't change her name so I'm not sure how that works, but doesn't the certificate usually reflect your married name? Either way, it's something you should be able to easily clarify in a cover letter. 

The evidence of name changing I have been using is that marriage certificate;) (for drivers license ID, traveling..) because my passport is in my maiden name.. The certificate shows my maiden name and my husbands name which is now my married name... So nothing difficult there as far as I can see. I will do some research and make sure the paper is the one to send and there isnt another marriage certificate I dont know about... (???)

Oh also do you think I could still get an RFE for income or should I consider that they have looked at everything and it's ok?? (which was what I was worried about -income just under pov guidelines with 2 jobs including 1 selfemployed , sent tons of evidence + 35000 liquid assets from USC and 15000 for mine in the US which I think should be enough to cover whatever issue they might have with inome hopefully) 

Edited by Louv

My Greencard is being delivered tomorrow. Priority date 08/07/17. 🙌

AOS Timeline :D

11-MAY-2017- Entered US

13-JUN-2017- Got married

04-AUG-2017- Sent AOS package including AP &a EAD to Chicago lockbox

07-AUG-2017- AOS Package Reached Chicago Lockbox

14-AUG-2017- Received NOA1 by mail

24-AUG-2017- Received letter for Biometrics

05-SEPT-2017- Biometrics done at Milwaukee Field Office 

10-OCT-2017 - RFE for AOS I -485 

17-OCT-2017 - RFE received by USCIS

15-NOV-2017 - EAD Card in production 

24-NOV-2017 - EAD recieved on the mail (Online still says preparing card) 109 days total after receiving application.

11-DEC-2017 - Interview notice Recieved 

15-FEB-2018 - AOS Approved 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hi everyone! I finally received my welcome letter yesterday and today i saw a package coming my way from USCIS corbin KY. wonder what that is and when will i receive it. My Pd was 08/07/17. 

59 minutes ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

AND OMG I ALSO THOUGHT THIS DAY MAY NEVER COME BUT:

After waiting for 214 days (EAD)... this is my latest update as of today

”New card is being produced” 

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

!!!!!!!! *dance of victory* !!!!!!!!!!

It feels SURREAL man 

THANK YOU to everyone who shared this journey and provided help, tips and good vibes all the way. 💜

AHHHH YESSSS!! I'm so happy for you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.