pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Timeline

Sent my application in this afternoon. I forgot to add the beneficiary's daytime telephone number, but hopefully I can update it once they receive it. Also, FedEx prints out passport photos for $17, which is not worth it. Should've taken my own. 

I'm excited to start this process. Hope this journey goes well for everyone!

Application Submitted: March 16, 2018.

Case Approved: November 19, 2018.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
17 minutes ago, 10515524 said:

Sent my application in this afternoon. I forgot to add the beneficiary's daytime telephone number, but hopefully I can update it once they receive it. Also, FedEx prints out passport photos for $17, which is not worth it. Should've taken my own. 

I'm excited to start this process. Hope this journey goes well for everyone!

Welcome to the waiting game.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all!! Sent the packet in on March 3rd, packet was received on March 6th and received electronic NOA1 March 9th! My fiancé’s from Toronto and I can’t wait for him to join me over here in SF! (We also compiled everything ourselves... hopefully we did it right!!!) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nikki82 said:

Hi all! Received my first NOA today! I mailed off the packet on March 5th.  

Welcome to our Visa Journey..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi folks! Hope everyone's hanging in there!

I was wondering how long it would take for us to get our NOA2, provided that there aren't any RFEs etc. An estimation, of course. I keep thinking it'll come in around June/July, given that we got our NOA1 first week of March. A general idea of dates do help keep me sane :')

~ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, toocold said:

Hi folks! Hope everyone's hanging in there!

I was wondering how long it would take for us to get our NOA2, provided that there aren't any RFEs etc. An estimation, of course. I keep thinking it'll come in around June/July, given that we got our NOA1 first week of March. A general idea of dates do help keep me sane :')

You should create a timeline on this website to have an estimated date. 

I would guess that you will get your NOA2 around September. It takes about 6 months on average. 

Edited by S_and_K_K1

Timeline
1 minute ago, S_and_K_K1 said:

You should create a timeline on this website to have an estimated date. 

I would guess that you will get your NOA2 around September. It takes about 6 months on average. 

Thanks for the reply! Ouch, that's awfully long, but I guess it's better than nothing. Yep, created a timeline on VJ and that's what they said, but I mistakenly thought that meant the interview/visa in hand somehow. 

~ 

Timeline
Just now, toocold said:

Thanks for the reply! Ouch, that's awfully long, but I guess it's better than nothing. Yep, created a timeline on VJ and that's what they said, but I mistakenly thought that meant the interview/visa in hand somehow. 

Yea I know! I submitted my I-129F a couple days before yours and my estimated date is the first week of September. 

I am just hoping that USCIS will keep up their speed so our timelines jump back a couple weeks. 

Its a looooong journey. 

Timeline

Yea I know! I submitted my I-129F a couple days before yours and my estimated date is the first week of September. 

I am just hoping that USCIS will keep up their speed so our timelines jump back a couple weeks. 

Its a looooong journey. 

What are you doing to hang in there and keep the faith? To be honest, every day feels incredibly long and difficult, just because of my personality (slightly type-A). 

~ 

Timeline
1 minute ago, toocold said:

What are you doing to hang in there and keep the faith? To be honest, every day feels incredibly long and difficult, just because of my personality (slightly type-A). 

I am in the US right now but I will be going home In May and then waitttttttt

I am hoping my fiance will be able to visit me at least once for a couple weeks.

My main problem is I, most likely, wont be able to find a job for only a couple months back home. 

So I will, probably, study for GMAT (I want to get an MBA) and work out. 

Its going to be absolutely terrible, so I am just going to try keeping myself as busy as I possibly can. 

What about you?

Timeline

I am in the US right now but I will be going home In May and then waitttttttt

I am hoping my fiance will be able to visit me at least once for a couple weeks.

My main problem is I, most likely, wont be able to find a job for only a couple months back home. 

So I will, probably, study for GMAT (I want to get an MBA) and work out. 

Its going to be absolutely terrible, so I am just going to try keeping myself as busy as I possibly can. 

What about you?

Thankfully, work keeps me busy on days I'm working. On off days, I try to give myself small, achievable goals like cleaning my room, recycling, going for one of those free Zumba programmes, or reworking my resume. 

I'm going to look into free courses online too! And learn Japanese. 

Worrying helps me a little too. Even though I try not to as it's quite time-consuming and isn't very productive. 

~ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.