2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 2/24/2018 at 3:43 PM, QueenoftheThrow said:

No major updates, but I did try to resend the fax with "URGENT/TIME SENSITIVE" written at the top in red.  I guess it can't hurt?

But I did hear back from our Congressman today, who forwarded a correspondence from USCIS which said something along the lines of:

"This case will be routed for expedited processing. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedited queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review. The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjucated as soon as possible."

Basically, what we already know...which is A LOT of people are trying to expedite.  So even the expedited process is taking longer than it used to.  Guess all we can do is continue to wait..

any news?

Holy update you guys!!!! Our status just changed to "Card in Production"!!!!!!!  We didn't have any other notifications on the case beyond the first send fax "case open/closed" on February 2nd. I'm shocked. 

Hopefully everyone hears back soon! Contact your Congressman/Senator, if you haven't. I feel that made a difference. We're at around 60 days total. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, QueenoftheThrow said:

Holy update you guys!!!! Our status just changed to "Card in Production"!!!!!!!  We didn't have any other notifications on the case beyond the first send fax "case open/closed" on February 2nd. I'm shocked. 

Hopefully everyone hears back soon! Contact your Congressman/Senator, if you haven't. I feel that made a difference. We're at around 60 days total. 

Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you!

I sent fax about 10 days after you and hope to hear back soon. I have contacted 4 places (senator, ombudsman and congressman) all of which put in a request on my behalf. I guess I just need to wait. I am at Day 41 as of today.

thanks for the update and best of luck!

25 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you!

I sent fax about 10 days after you and hope to hear back soon. I have contacted 4 places (senator, ombudsman and congressman) all of which put in a request on my behalf. I guess I just need to wait. I am at Day 41 as of today.

thanks for the update and best of luck!

Thanks :)  If the timeline is any indication, hopefully you'll hear back in a week or two!  

Here to share my timeline:

Feb 14th Called USCIS request to expedite EAD

Feb 17th "On February 17, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxxMSC."

Feb 26th Received USCIS letter(dated Feb 17th) request to fax more documents.

Feb 27th Faxed Cover letter, letter from USCIS, bio complete letter, Job offer, diploma, last bank statement. 

Mar 1st Case History changes to "On March 1, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxxMSC, was completed." Again.

Will wait and see if my case gets approved. 

Edited by bestofluck

Timeline
3 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Here to share my timeline:

Feb 14th Called USCIS request to expedite EAD

Feb 17th "On February 17, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxxMSC."

Feb 26th Received USCIS letter(dated Feb 17th) request to fax more documents.

Feb 27th Faxed Cover letter, letter from USCIS, bio complete letter, Job offer, diploma, last bank statement. 

Mar 1st Case History changes to "On March 1, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1xxxMSC, was completed." Again.

Will wait and see if my case gets approved. 

Mine got approved one day after that message. Hope you get it today!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to all of you EAD expediters!

I am thinking of expediting as well, after I do my biometrics. 

What exactly does "severe financial loss" mean? Is showing a job offer letter enough evidence?

My USC wife is the only one making money for us right now, and I have my step-dad as a joint sponsor (making a six figure salary). Will the USCIS still be able to expedite my EAD under "severe financial loss"?

Thanks!

AOS 

02/10/2018 - Sent I-485, I-130, EAD, AP applications

02/13/2018 - USCIS received package

02/26/2018 - Received NOA1 email/text notifications

02/26/2018 - Checks cashed

03/01/2018 - Received physical NOA1 in the mail (PD is 2/13/2018)

03/10/2018 - Received biometrics letter in the mail (Notice Date - 03/03/2018, Appointment Date - 03/19/2018)

03/16/2018 - Received RFIE dated 3/12/2018 (For I-864)

03/19/2018 - Biometrics done 

03/22/2018 - Mailed RFIE response package via USPS Priority Mail Express

03/24/2018 - USCIS received RFIE package

03/26/2018 - USCIS notification that they have received RFIE (case is no longer on hold)

04/04/2018 - Biometrics has been reviewed

06/19/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (online notice)

09/08/2018 - EAD/AP approval notice received in the mail (Notice Date - 9/4/2018)

09/20/2018 - EAD/AP card being produced (online notice)

09/27/2018 - EAD/AP card arrived in the mail

05/17/2019 - Notice for interview received (Interview date - 06/24/2019)

06/24/2019 - Interview at New York Office (Federal Plaza)

06/26/2019 - New card being produced (online notice)

Timeline
36 minutes ago, anepo said:

Congrats to all of you EAD expediters!

I am thinking of expediting as well, after I do my biometrics. 

What exactly does "severe financial loss" mean? Is showing a job offer letter enough evidence?

My USC wife is the only one making money for us right now, and I have my step-dad as a joint sponsor (making a six figure salary). Will the USCIS still be able to expedite my EAD under "severe financial loss"?

Thanks!

It depends on how you present it and what angle you take. You should also have a letter from your employer if you are trying expedite it. There has to be a very good reason to why you are going to be requesting to expedite your EAD. Job offer seems to be enough these days.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Still nothing after I faxed my documents including job offer. And it's coming closer to 70 days.

Mine took about 17 days to get approved since I faxed them documents. Hang in there, you may be hearing something from them soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.