IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Hmm that sounds like the page i saw when i went to schedule our interview. Yes we did submit the Ds-160. I filled it out for him, sent him the log in details then had him submit it (because only the beneficiary can). After that i had him obtain the deposit slip then had him pay the visa fee at Sogexpress. Next day (Sunday) received email that i was now able to schedule an interview. Hopefully NVC doesnt mess this up for me because i need that embassy packet letter to set up medical and get that police certificate ( my last two steps to complete). Im thinking they should send case out by end of this week and embassy received by next. Fingers crossed or else im screwed cause i even went ahead and booked his flight for April 5th haha.

You will probably make it in time but I am too pessimistic for that kind of risk. But he’ll probably gey his passport in 5-10 days so it’s close but the math works. And for getting the medical and police certificate before the interview that’s more than enough if yours case says at NVC already. 

Timeline

And for reference of anybody who don’t have packet 3 or  haven’t seen it yet I attached it as a file. 

Packet Fiance K1 K2-2014 DS-160 & GSS - 2016 - French.doc

566861AC-94AD-4A03-A2CD-B091C1924E43.jpeg

348A787D-C7A4-43B8-8ED6-26A4516EEA1A.jpeg

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Sej said:

How did you know it was going to the dominican republic again?

Plus I don’t think the email had anything to do with the email semt to the embassy.  When you send an email to the embassy in haiti you will get an automated respons saying an inquiry has been created and that you will get a response in 2-3 days.  But in your case I think you should just call them this way you will get more info on how to transfer because I intersted to know how it’s done. 

When I called NVC yesterday and got my case number it started Would SDO and I asked does that mean it's going to Santo Domingo and Dominican Republic and they said yes, they also said the first three letters of your case number is where your petition would be sent. I just got off the phone with the Haiti Embassy and they told me to be patient they received my email so I have to just wait until I received another email from them so I'm praying that it doesn't take long and they catch it before it leaves NVC I will keep you guys updated and also post on here just in case someone else may go through this in the future

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sej said:

And for reference of anybody who don’t have packet 3 or  haven’t seen it yet I attached it as a file. 

Packet Fiance K1 K2-2014 DS-160 & GSS - 2016 - French.doc

566861AC-94AD-4A03-A2CD-B091C1924E43.jpeg

348A787D-C7A4-43B8-8ED6-26A4516EEA1A.jpeg

Thanks this helps alot!

Timeline

I am really confused becuase,nvc says our case is going to Dominican Republic and or case number states that as well..but on the log in where i would pay for the visa,it has all the Haiti information,it even has the embassy as port au prince..any suggestions? And to add on to that,on the confirmation page of the dsl60 it says,location selected PTP...Haiti

Edited by Kween
Add on

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Sej said:

You will probably make it in time but I am too pessimistic for that kind of risk. But he’ll probably gey his passport in 5-10 days so it’s close but the math works. And for getting the medical and police certificate before the interview that’s more than enough if yours case says at NVC already. 

Yeah i insured the flight just in case it doesnt work out the way i hope but i have faith it will. So it takes about a week to get results for med and police cert right?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Yeah i insured the flight just in case it doesnt work out the way i hope but i have faith it will. So it takes about a week to get results for med and police cert right?

The medical is a week or so, but the police certificate is 10-15 days. But they can help you out if you have an emergency because they told us if we don’t have much time when we come back with the papers they would expedite it. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sej said:

The medical is a week or so, but the police certificate is 10-15 days. But they can help you out if you have an emergency because they told us if we don’t have much time when we come back with the papers they would expedite it. 

Thank you, good to know!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kween said:

I am really confused becuase,nvc says our case is going to Dominican Republic and or case number states that as well..but on the log in where i would pay for the visa,it has all the Haiti information,it even has the embassy as port au prince..any suggestions? And to add on to that,on the confirmation page of the dsl60 it says,location selected PTP...Haiti

The ds-160 is your choice and if you go on the Haitian embassy website then it will be at the Haitian embassy. I sure the dominican republic has another website. So all that really matter is the nvc Even if the case is sent to the dominican republic I heard if you have a good cause the haitian embassy will ask for a transfer, hopefully thats true.  Just don’t pay the visa or choose an interview date yet.  

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Sej said:

The ds-160 is your choice and if you go on the Haitian embassy website then it will be at the Haitian embassy. I sure the dominican republic has another website. So all that really matter is the nvc Even if the case is sent to the dominican republic I heard if you have a good cause the haitian embassy will ask for a transfer, hopefully thats true.  Just don’t pay the visa or choose an interview date yet.  

Im thank you

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 2/24/2018 at 10:28 PM, N&Rdorcy said:

Prewedding jitters... do my fiancé filled out the ds120 online well he scheduled it in. And plans to pay the fee on Monday. We have yet to receive a letter from the nvc however we called and received the case number and the invoice number.... does anyone know what we should start on next? I began my financials but all I need are my tax transcripts and they are fairly easy to download. Also, my fiancé mentioned a fiancé visa curse where all couples have anxiety and arguments at the end, lately it feels like we have been arguing over the smallest issues. Is this normal? 

It is stressful being in a relationship with someone from a different country and culture, preparing t get married AND going through this process! Your average relationship/marriage doesn't have to endure nearly what we do. I would say before arguing stop and think, is this really worth it? You love each other right? This process is nearly over and you've made it this far. As long as you two know you are doing the right thing and then taking time to think before arguing you will be okay!!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline

Yess checked my case tracker today at 2AM and it says "In Transit". I was a littled worried that we wouldn't make the interview date due to the fact that NVC was closed the day before yesterday (because of up north storms). Going to email embassy now to tell them to send packet 3 by email once they receive my case. Uhh almost done!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Yess checked my case tracker today at 2AM and it says "In Transit". I was a littled worried that we wouldn't make the interview date due to the fact that NVC was closed the day before yesterday (because of up north storms). Going to email embassy now to tell them to send packet 3 by email once they receive my case. Uhh almost done!

That’s great congrats! It takes a couple of (3-4) days for it to change to ready that’s when the embassy would have your case, from there it’s smooth sailing!! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sej said:

That’s great congrats! It takes a couple of (3-4) days for it to change to ready that’s when the embassy would have your case, from there it’s smooth sailing!! 

Just checked again 7:57am and it says "Ready". Sooo elated. It only took a couple of hours to change from "In Transit to Ready". Now it really is smooth sailing. Now just gotta get that packet 3!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Have called there twice to get it sent to my email. What email address are you using to send that request?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.