Mr.A

I-601A Processing Time. Guatemala

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 3/26/2018 at 4:57 PM, Tatithedoors said:

On January 12 they accepted my 601a , I did the fingerprint... waiting the approval... 

your husband took 2months and 15 days?? Did u get a letter??

Hi yes it took 2 months 15 days to get our approval letter for i601a 

We sent our ds260 04/04/18

NVC Received 04/10/18

Case Close 04/20/18 

Now awaiting interview date

Hope your case goes as smoothly as ours good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello we have a question. We have an approved waiver.  We went to the Visa appointment in Guatemala last week and I forgot to take my 2017 tax return and 2017 W2, so they gave us a sheet stating that visa was denied because we had missing documentation. They said to schedule a new appt for my husband and to bring the documents on the new date.

Question, is it normal for them to have kept all of our paperwork, the doctor records, police report and such? Is it normal for them to have us schedule a new appointment instead of having us send the documents via cargo express? Also will it be okay if I just filed an amended tax return, can I turn in the amended tax return that I mailed to the IRS, but they haven't finalized it yet? The reason we amended tax return was because we had put our niece as a dependent because her mom doesn't work, but in doing so we didn't know that would make us have low income for immigration purposes. My husband and I only need to have $20,575 in income correct? but if we put a dependent we have to have more than $25,975 bc they would consider as a family of 3. I am so nervous, we thought he would receive a yes on that same day. Has anyone encountered issues and had good outcomes?

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 5:28 PM, G502 said:

Sent on Jan 12th

received Jan 16th

got receipt on the mail 26th

fingerprint appt Feb 3rd.

now we are on the waiting game so nerve wracking.

Have you gotten a response yet?

On 4/28/2018 at 2:13 PM, JAnabella said:

Hi yes it took 2 months 15 days to get our approval letter for i601a 

We sent our ds260 04/04/18

NVC Received 04/10/18

Case Close 04/20/18 

Now awaiting interview date

Hope your case goes as smoothly as ours good luck :)

Have you received your interview yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have an update.

2/2/18   601A sent.

2/9/18   received at Nebraska.

3/2/18   receipt with case number.

3/17/18  biometrics appointment .

4/6/18   biometrics done.

5/10/18  case transferred. 

5/11/18   case received at Potomac.

5/17/18  transfer notice.

6/29/18  case approved.

7/5/18    approval notice. 

Edited by Mr.A

10 hours ago, Mr.A said:

Hi I have an update.

2/2/18   601A sent.

6/29/18  case approved.

Congratulations on your approval!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/18/2018 at 9:38 AM, Mr.A said:

Hi I have an update.

2/2/18   601A sent.

6/29/18  case approved.

Have you received your interview  appointment yet?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 12:10 AM, Maggie88 said:

Have you received your interview  appointment yet?

No, I  Waited until after approval  to send documents to NVC. I  just got case complete, Now waiting for interview appointment . 

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, Simplysmiling said:

I'm new here, has there been any update? We sent our packet in and it was received 10/01/18 and we are waiting for the biometric appointment. Has anyone waited more than a month to get a bio appointment?

Yes, My I601A received on 08/16/2018 and bio done by 09/28/2018. We are in waiting games...

8 hours ago, spoler said:

Yes, My I601A received on 08/16/2018 and bio done by 09/28/2018. We are in waiting games...

Thank you, I am glad that someone created this board. It is nice to know we are not alone in this journey. I hope you get an answer soon. 

On 8/22/2018 at 5:34 PM, Mr.A said:

No, I  Waited until after approval  to send documents to NVC. I  just got case complete, Now waiting for interview appointment . 

Did you get an appointment yet? Just Curious to see how it went, and if you haven't gone yet I wish you luck on the interview. Fingers crossed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.