Nat23

i -130 Filers of parents for January 2018

119 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, willcrack said:

Standard time to receive receipt notice (NOA) is within 10 business days. You/your lawyer should have received it long ago. 

A good way to check whether USCIS received it is to verify whether the payment  was processed thro the check ir credit card. I am assuming the lawyer sent the payment. You should insist that they verify it immediately. 

Well I contacted the law firm, they stated that the package was received at the lockbox  per USPS but the check was never cashed and that since they submitted the whole package I-485/I-130 that takes longer than just sending the I-130, tbh I think that claim sounds to me like baloney.

To add pain to this issue the assistant told me: be happy they have not rejected the package. :angry: 

I have contacted a second lawyer for a second opinion, will see from that point on what happens.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
2 hours ago, luftty said:

Well I contacted the law firm, they stated that the package was received at the lockbox  per USPS but the check was never cashed and that since they submitted the whole package I-485/I-130 that takes longer than just sending the I-130, tbh I think that claim sounds to me like baloney.

To add pain to this issue the assistant told me: be happy they have not rejected the package. :angry: 

I have contacted a second lawyer for a second opinion, will see from that point on what happens.

You got the right word - baloney !

I would also connect with USCIS and raise a service request. Do you have proof of mailing or delivery ?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, willcrack said:

You got the right word - baloney !

I would also connect with USCIS and raise a service request. Do you have proof of mailing or delivery ?

I wish.

I already asked for the tracking numbers a couple of times I have not received them so ill head over tomorrow to their office to request them in person.

Timeline

Well we just received our NOAs today with a received date of 02/28. I guess they didn't really sent this docs over when they claimed or it took forever to get there.

I have cancelled the second opinion lawyer appointment and will continue on with this saga as is, since now it all depends on UCIS.

thanks for the help !

Timeline
15 hours ago, willcrack said:

Good to know. Which service center has it been assigned to?

to my knowledge it should be going to the Nebraska one, but I did not see anything about it on the NOA letters.

How can I tell where it went ?

Timeline
19 hours ago, willcrack said:

The notice has the service center address printed at the bottom.

Another easy way is to look at the first three characters of the receipt number. LIN = Nebraska, SRC = Texas, YSC = Potomac, MSC = National Benefits Center

then its the National benefits center because both our cases have MSC on them.

• 1 month later...

Received the approval notices for I-485 and I-130

Received GREEN CARD in mail!

MSC (National Benefits Center)

Filed:  01/23/2018

Received: 01/24/2018

PD: 01/24/2018

NOA 1 received: 01/29/2018

Fingerprinting notice received: 02/09/2018

Fingerprinting appointment scheduled for: 02/23/2018

Approval notices for I-485 and I-130: 04/18/2018

Received Green Card in mail: 04/26/2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, gps79 said:

Received the approval notices for I-485 and I-130

Received GREEN CARD in mail!

MSC (National Benefits Center)

Filed:  01/23/2018

Received: 01/24/2018

PD: 01/24/2018

NOA 1 received: 01/29/2018

Fingerprinting notice received: 02/09/2018

Fingerprinting appointment scheduled for: 02/23/2018

Approval notices for I-485 and I-130: 04/18/2018

Received Green Card in mail: 04/26/2018

Holy moly, what city u in? What center did it go to?

I am hoping mine goes fast too, my parenta are waiting in Brazil. I just filed for the i130 today

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, gps79 said:

This was a concurrent filing for I-130/I-485 - The beneficiary (parent) is currently visiting US.

From the case numbers, it looks like it was assigned to MSC (National Benefits Center)

We live in Washington State.

Very nice, congratulations on the approval

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello 

I’m new here, filed I-130 in January for my mom.

PD 01/08/2018, Nebraska.

i didn’t do much research, just sent out a petition. Hope to have my mom here for Christmas 🤞🏻

• 3 weeks later...

Just kind of following you guys' thread - I just mailed my mom's package yesterday (right after Oath ceremony :D). Trying to get a feel for how long it is taking.

Did anyone who apply in January get a NOA2 yet? I know it's a big stretch to think anyone got approved, but hey who knows. I am not talking about concurrent filing, I am talking about standalone I-130s for parents abroad!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Edited by Asgardian

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.