RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 4:13 PM, IndiaAnnie said:

What date did you land with? I only see first available date for June 1st? Can we book, check later and reschedule if earlier date comes available? We have a June 8th wedding to attend (for ourselves)!!! 🤔

Ours is June 9!!! :dance: Our wedding, that is!

BTW, I just posted my review of the consulate. Good luck!! :) 

Edited by Amit&Julie
clarification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, Amit&Julie said:

That means there is currently nothing available. Check once or twice a day. People will cancel/reschedule and sometimes you can get an appointment that way. Checking in the morning (India time) seemed most productive for us. Don't log in too many times a day, or else you will get locked out for 24-72 hours. 

How do you check without cancelling the appointment you already have ? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bikaaman said:

How do you check without cancelling the appointment you already have ? 

Just click reschedule appointment and go through the dates, just don't confirm anything at the end to cancel your previous appointment. 

Timeline
On 2/27/2018 at 10:11 PM, KN18 said:

1. Make an account on UStraveldocs. Follow the step with K1 visa and finally reach the payment page. Ds160 application number will also need to go into ustraveldocs. However your fiancé paid for their visa fee there should be a bank reference number given to you. Please fill that bank reference number and you’re confirmed.

2. Book 2 dates on ustraveldocs. First date is biometric so make sure the city on the top is New Delhi. Pick a date and go to next step which is confirming your interview date. Book it. 

3. Ustraveldocs will have sent you an email. Take thT email confirmation page printed out to 1/2 hospitals in New Delhi. We went to Max Lajpat Nagar. Their number can be found in packet 4. 3 days to get the report back. 

4. Gather all other documents needed and go to Mumbai fully prepared. They ‘will’ not deny you if your case is strong. 

Wait a second, we can get medical in New Delhi even tho ustravel docs say only 4 locations in india which is Mumbai gujarat and Chennai? I was planning two trips to Mumbai cuz of medical and interview even tho I live in New Delhi. What’s the truth?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Amit M said:

Wait a second, we can get medical in New Delhi even tho ustravel docs say only 4 locations in india which is Mumbai gujarat and Chennai? I was planning two trips to Mumbai cuz of medical and interview even tho I live in New Delhi. What’s the truth?

My Delhi-based fiance did his at the Max in Delhi in early MArch without any problems. Email US Travel Docs and ask if it's still ok first, but I think you should be ok? Unless they decided Max isn't good enough now... 

Edited by Amit&Julie

Timeline
2 hours ago, Amit&Julie said:

My Delhi-based fiance did his at the Max in Delhi in early MArch without any problems. Email US Travel Docs and ask if it's still ok first, but I think you should be ok? Unless they decided Max isn't good enough now... 

Man, only if ustravel could give me a straight answer. Even the woman I talked to today was so misinformed about things. Their primary purpose was to help me create a profile online. Argh, I don’t trust the system here.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Amit M said:

Man, only if ustravel could give me a straight answer. Even the woman I talked to today was so misinformed about things. Their primary purpose was to help me create a profile online. Argh, I don’t trust the system here.

They emailed me packet 4. This is the list of approved physicians:

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-Physicians-for-Mumbai-Applicants.pdf

Timeline

Looks like other VJ members have answered your question. If you’re from Delhi then medical at Max Lajpat nagar will work. No need to go to Mumbai twice 

I-129F File Date - 5/26/17

NOA1 Date - 5/30/17

RFE Date - 11/7/17

RFE Receive Date - 11/21/17

NOA 2 - 11/28/17

NVC Receive - 1/12/18

NVC Left - 1/19/18

Consulate Receive - 1/22/18 

Packet 4 - 1/30/18

Interview - 2/2/18

Visa in hand - 2/14/18

US bound - 

Marriage - 

Timeline
6 hours ago, ash1234 said:

They emailed me packet 4. This is the list of approved physicians:

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-Physicians-for-Mumbai-Applicants.pdf

@ash1234  @KN18  this is so confusing. Ash, in the packet you provided as received by Mumbai consulate it shows 4 locations and not Delhi location for medical. But I called up USTravel today and asked them if I can do that in Delhi since I live here and they said yes that’s fine as long as it is approved physician. So whom to believe, Us travels or Mumbai consulate Packet 4 doc? And if I get it in Delhi, do I have to pick up medical results myself or do they send it to constants themsleves.

@Amit&Julie I know your amit went to Delhi. Was he questioned anything regarding medical at embassy?

People who who don’t live in Delhi or Mumbai, where did you get your medical?

Edited by Amit M

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Amit M said:

@ash1234  @KN18  this is so confusing. Ash, in the packet you provided as received by Mumbai consulate it shows 4 locations and not Delhi location for medical. But I called up USTravel today and asked them if I can do that in Delhi since I live here and they said yes that’s fine as long as it is approved physician. So whom to believe, Us travels or Mumbai consulate Packet 4 doc? And if I get it in Delhi, do I have to pick up medical results myself or do they send it to constants themsleves.

@Amit&Julie I know your amit went to Delhi. Was he questioned anything regarding medical at embassy?

Nobody at the Mumbai consulate said anything about his medical having been done in Delhi. It was a non-issue. 

Before, when US Travel Docs emailed him that our case was ready and Mumbai and told him what steps to take to prepare for the interview, below is exactly what it said regarding medical.

Step 3: Complete your medical examination with an approved panel physician. A list of panel physicians is available at https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/. 

Timeline

Also, the Packet 4 itself doesn't list approved physicians nowadays, does it? You have to click through the link I posted aboce, then go to one of these 2 lists:

Mumbai (dated October 2016): https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-Physicians-for-Mumbai-Applicants.pdf

Delhi (dated January 2018): https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-physicianJan-2018.pdf 

Aside from our experience, my logic is that if these facilities are good enough for the immigrant visas which *are* still going through the Embassy in Delhi, they should also be good enough for immigrant visas going through Mumbai.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Amit M said:

If they told you Delhi is fine, then you should be able to get it done there.

https://www.maxhealthcare.in/domestic-patient-services/service#immigration-services

It says on their website that they are authorized to do immigration checks in the U.S. Plus @Amit&Julie got theirs done last month and got approved so I don't think there will be any issue with getting it in Delhi. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Amit&Julie said:

Also, the Packet 4 itself doesn't list approved physicians nowadays, does it? You have to click through the link I posted aboce, then go to one of these 2 lists:

Mumbai (dated October 2016): https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-Physicians-for-Mumbai-Applicants.pdf

Delhi (dated January 2018): https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/Panel-physicianJan-2018.pdf 

Aside from our experience, my logic is that if these facilities are good enough for the immigrant visas which *are* still going through the Embassy in Delhi, they should also be good enough for immigrant visas going through Mumbai.

@Amit&Julie  packet 4 does include the list of approved Mumbai consulate physicians. That’s really where the problem is or otherwise I wouldn’t get so hung up on where should I get it cuz packet 4 talks about it but your logic is my logic too. That if approved physician is acceptable by Delhi should be accepted by Mumbai as well. But I just don’t want to get in delhi cuz of my convenience but cuz it’s right and at this point I’m confused. Ustravel has commented on it saying it’s fine however they’re a bunch of under confident and so shady in giving out iformairon that I can’t totlaly believe in their info even tho it might be right.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amit M said:

@Amit&Julie  packet 4 does include the list of approved Mumbai consulate physicians. That’s really where the problem is or otherwise I wouldn’t get so hung up on where should I get it cuz packet 4 talks about it but your logic is my logic too. That if approved physician is acceptable by Delhi should be accepted by Mumbai as well. But I just don’t want to get in delhi cuz of my convenience but cuz it’s right and at this point I’m confused. Ustravel has commented on it saying it’s fine however they’re a bunch of under confident and so shady in giving out iformairon that I can’t totlaly believe in their info even tho it might be right.

Well, if you distrust US Travel Docs and want to take a "better safe than sorry" approach, then pretty much your only option is to go to one of the hospitals on the Mumbai list.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.