RoamingTheNet

Notification to book K1 Interview - Mumbai Consulate

404 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SMcNally said:

Don't you need a letter from the Mumbai embassy (about the next steps for the K1 visa) to be presented at the medical? It seems like a bunch of folks are not getting any communication from the embassy or getting it weeks later than they should. Does that mean they wait or contact the embassy to expedite the sending of the paperwork? I get that once the case shows ready, you can fill up the DS-160 and get an interview date. It would suck if one couldn't do the medical because the embassy didn't send out the paperwork in time.

Yiu need an appointment date for medical. Your Fiance will pay that fee on untraveldocs and you will get a date for biometrics and interview. I’ve been saying this over and over again. Those that are “ready” at Mumbai consulate can start their paperwork and book their own interview date. 

I-129F File Date - 5/26/17

NOA1 Date - 5/30/17

RFE Date - 11/7/17

RFE Receive Date - 11/21/17

NOA 2 - 11/28/17

NVC Receive - 1/12/18

NVC Left - 1/19/18

Consulate Receive - 1/22/18 

Packet 4 - 1/30/18

Interview - 2/2/18

Visa in hand - 2/14/18

US bound - 

Marriage - 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, KN18 said:

Yiu need an appointment date for medical. Your Fiance will pay that fee on untraveldocs and you will get a date for biometrics and interview. I’ve been saying this over and over again. Those that are “ready” at Mumbai consulate can start their paperwork and book their own interview date. 

We got our DS-160 confirmation page yesterday, and my Deli-based fiance previously received an email from US Travel Docs with instructions. So now is there a particular order that he needs to do the steps you mentioned in? I.e., 1) book his K1 interview, 2) schedule his biometrics, and then 3) schedule his medical? In your experience, what order should he do things so he has the needed paperwork at each step? 

Timeline
22 hours ago, KN18 said:

31 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

We got our DS-160 confirmation page yesterday, and my Deli-based fiance previously received an email from US Travel Docs with instructions. So now is there a particular order that he needs to do the steps you mentioned in? I.e., 1) book his K1 interview, 2) schedule his biometrics, and then 3) schedule his medical? In your experience, what order should he do things so he has the needed paperwork at each step? 

1. Make an account on UStraveldocs. Follow the step with K1 visa and finally reach the payment page. Ds160 application number will also need to go into ustraveldocs. However your fiancé paid for their visa fee there should be a bank reference number given to you. Please fill that bank reference number and you’re confirmed.

2. Book 2 dates on ustraveldocs. First date is biometric so make sure the city on the top is New Delhi. Pick a date and go to next step which is confirming your interview date. Book it. 

3. Ustraveldocs will have sent you an email. Take thT email confirmation page printed out to 1/2 hospitals in New Delhi. We went to Max Lajpat Nagar. Their number can be found in packet 4. 3 days to get the report back. 

4. Gather all other documents needed and go to Mumbai fully prepared. They ‘will’ not deny you if your case is strong. 

NOA1 Date - 5/30/17

RFE Date - 11/7/17

NOA 2 - 11/28/17

NVC Receive - 1/12/18

NVC Left - 1/19/18

Packet 4 - 1/30/18

Interview - 2/2/18

Visa in hand - 2/14/18

US bound - 

Marriage - 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, KN18 said:

1. Make an account on UStraveldocs. Follow the step with K1 visa and finally reach the payment page. Ds160 application number will also need to go into ustraveldocs. However your fiancé paid for their visa fee there should be a bank reference number given to you. Please fill that bank reference number and you’re confirmed.

2. Book 2 dates on ustraveldocs. First date is biometric so make sure the city on the top is New Delhi. Pick a date and go to next step which is confirming your interview date. Book it. 

3. Ustraveldocs will have sent you an email. Take thT email confirmation page printed out to 1/2 hospitals in New Delhi. We went to Max Lajpat Nagar. Their number can be found in packet 4. 3 days to get the report back. 

4. Gather all other documents needed and go to Mumbai fully prepared. They ‘will’ not deny you if your case is strong. 

Thank you SO much for this information! This is very helpful. So biometric & interview have to be scheduled before medical--got it. We'll have to get the bank reference for the DS-160 from our attorney, I think.

Also, just saw my "Deli" typo... :lol:

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

Thank you SO much for this information! This is very helpful. So biometric & interview have to be scheduled before medical--got it. We'll have to get the bank reference for the DS-160 from our attorney, I think.

Also, just saw my "Deli" typo... :lol:

Haha no worries. New Deli sounds just as good. Hey there's a 'new deli' open at the corner. :P 

I wish you the best of luck. Don't delay. After the "ready" status its up to you and how fast you want your fiancé here. We turned ready on Jan 22nd and picked an interview date for Feb 2nd.  

NOA1 Date - 5/30/17

RFE Date - 11/7/17

NOA 2 - 11/28/17

NVC Receive - 1/12/18

NVC Left - 1/19/18

Packet 4 - 1/30/18

Interview - 2/2/18

Visa in hand - 2/14/18

US bound - 

Marriage - 

Timeline
2 hours ago, KN18 said:

Thanks for that!

Timeline
2 hours ago, SMcNally said:

Thanks for that!

you're welcome. wish you the best of luck.

NOA1 Date - 5/30/17

RFE Date - 11/7/17

NOA 2 - 11/28/17

NVC Receive - 1/12/18

NVC Left - 1/19/18

Packet 4 - 1/30/18

Interview - 2/2/18

Visa in hand - 2/14/18

US bound - 

Marriage - 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Recently I go through that process I got my visa by God's grace. it's easy to book appointment just keep calling on help desk or you can try your own checking on your account. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, ajay007 said:

Recently I go through that process I got my visa by God's grace. it's easy to book appointment just keep calling on help desk or you can try your own checking on your account. 

What date did you land with? I only see first available date for June 1st? Can we book, check later and reschedule if earlier date comes available? We have a June 8th wedding to attend (for ourselves)!!! 🤔

Timeline
27 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

What date did you land with? I only see first available date for June 1st? Can we book, check later and reschedule if earlier date comes available? We have a June 8th wedding to attend (for ourselves)!!! 🤔

What category visa you have?you no need to wait for exact date to come on screen which is suitable for you. Book whatever date is available after that you have four chance to reschedule your appointment . 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ajay007 said:

What category visa you have?you no need to wait for exact date to come on screen which is suitable for you. Book whatever date is available after that you have four chance to reschedule your appointment . 

K1 - thanks will book now but really hoping for late April or early May interview. I can't wait that much longer ha ha!!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

K1 - thanks will book now but really hoping for late April or early May interview. I can't wait that much longer ha ha!!!

Definitely you will get earliest one as well. In the case of k1 everyone is in that situation coz this visa is for lovebirds who have less patients. If you need any further information reply. I loveto help for all applicants who are not aware about the process of k1.Best of luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, Rbalsara96 said:

I just tried making an my K1 interview at Mumbai and the only date available is April 20th. Do they open more dates? Will I be able to interview in March or Feb?

How did you take the interview date?

Every time i try it is saying - There are currently no appointment dates, press back button. 

God is Good All The Time

Timeline
13 hours ago, SmileAlways said:

How did you take the interview date?

Every time i try it is saying - There are currently no appointment dates, press back button. 

That means there is currently nothing available. Check once or twice a day. People will cancel/reschedule and sometimes you can get an appointment that way. Checking in the morning (India time) seemed most productive for us. Don't log in too many times a day, or else you will get locked out for 24-72 hours. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.