1,601 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I had joined a January AOS 2018 Filers thread, however, it looks as though we will be February instead so here I am :).

I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 (with I-864 and I-130A included of course!)

Sent USPS Priority & Certified Mail: 20 January 2018

Delivered: 28 January 2018 (after being stuck in transit and USPS were unable to locate it - no signature tracked so I do not believe it is there until we receive a notification from USCIS or they cash the checks!)

Good luck to all :).

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everybody, we send our package on Jan 30 for UPS and they recived on Feb 1st now we are waiting but at least we already started this Journey, we live in North Dakota and we know that our case will send to MN. 

Came to US July 2017 with B2 visa from Mexico

Got marry with USC on Nov 24 (black friday :P) 

Thanks and Nice to meet you everybody

:)Our timeline AOS:)

Jan/30/2018    Filed via UPS 2 says    

Feb/01/2018    Package delivered (Chicago locxbox)

Feb/01/2018    Priority date (in the hard copies)

Feb/09/2018    Checks cashed

Feb/15/2018    Lawyer got NOA1

Feb/16/2018    We got our NOA1

Feb/24/2018    Biometrics appoiment letter in the mail

Mar/03/2018   Courtesy letter in the mail (medical not sent)

Mar/07/2018   Biometrics appointment schedule (Done)

event.png

15 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Hi everyone!

I had joined a January AOS 2018 Filers thread, however, it looks as though we will be February instead so here I am :).

I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 (with I-864 and I-130A included of course!)

Sent USPS Priority & Certified Mail: 20 January 2018

Delivered: 28 January 2018 (after being stuck in transit and USPS were unable to locate it - no signature tracked so I do not believe it is there until we receive a notification from USCIS or they cash the checks!)

Good luck to all :).

I never ever have luck with sending and receiving packages, and this one is no exception. My package has been delayed. It was supposed to get to the lockbox yesterday. I know it is still early but I'm going crazy and checking the tracking all day. I need a break hahaha. My last tracking event is "Departed Elk Grove Village Distribution Center" today. 

Hope you receive your notification soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Niger
Timeline

Hoping someone can offer a few advice here.

Sent I-130 package for both mom and dad with all supporting docs on January 24th (confirmed by UPS as delivered)

Chicago IL lockbox facility signed by CHYBA on Jan 24th

Yet to see checks cashed on bank account

Forgot to sign up for the electronic notification so have no idea what is going on

Its been about a week since then.

Is this okay to not have checks drawn if there's no problems with the application even after 8 days?

1 hour ago, isa_bella said:

I never ever have luck with sending and receiving packages, and this one is no exception. My package has been delayed. It was supposed to get to the lockbox yesterday. I know it is still early but I'm going crazy and checking the tracking all day. I need a break hahaha. My last tracking event is "Departed Elk Grove Village Distribution Center" today. 

Hope you receive your notification soon!

I hear you!  I was so excited on the 20th when they told me it would arrive by the 22nd - everything was smooth sailing and then... well... take a look:

January 28, 2018, 10:29 pm
Delivered
CHICAGO, IL 60680 
Your item was delivered at 10:29 pm on January 28, 2018 in CHICAGO, IL 60680.

January 27, 2018, 5:23 pm
Available for Pickup
CHICAGO, IL 60680 

January 27, 2018, 3:48 pm
Arrived at Unit
CHICAGO, IL 60680 

January 25, 2018, 12:30 pm
In Transit to Destination
On its way to CHICAGO, IL 60680 

January 24, 2018, 12:30 pm

January 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

January 22, 2018, 12:30 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 21, 2018, 12:33 pm

January 20, 2018, 7:33 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN DIEGO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 20, 2018, 7:30 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

January 20, 2018, 12:09 pm
USPS in possession of item

It states it has been delivered, however, as I paid for Certified Mail, I am not so sure!  No noa yet, nor have the checks been cashed.  In addition, the day after it stated it was delivered I received an email from the USPS postal service stating they are not sure where it is and that they think it has most likely been delivered without being scanned!  I am wondering if the updated status is based on a presumption or a crossover period of time.  Here's hoping it is the latter!  Trying to remain calm and patient, hoping the noa will turn up soon.  I do wonder whether they will reimburse the payment for it to be certified, however, I am more concerned that they have no idea where my package is containing all our sensitive information.  I have been unable to contact the person who emailed me by phone or email so I am going to follow this up with the contact center later.  If we receive an RFE or need to send anything further we will definitely be using a different courier!

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, nnbc1234 said:

Sent I-130 package for both mom and dad with all supporting docs on January 24th (confirmed by UPS as delivered)

Forgot to sign up for the electronic notification so have no idea what is going on

Is this okay to not have checks drawn if there's no problems with the application even after 8 days?

i think all you can do is wait for a reply...

09/12/17          Married my love

01/28/18          AOS Sent

02/01/18          AOS Recieved

02/10/18          NOA1 Text E-mail Notification recieved

02/15/18          NOA1 Hard Copies recieved

02/24/18          Biometrics Letter Received (Scheduled for March 9th)

03/02/18          RFIE Letter Received (I-864 form)

03/09/18          Biometrics Appointment Done!

03/15/18          Sent RFIE Response with Joint Sponsor

03/22/18          RFIE Received by USCIS (Email notification)

07/21/18          New Card is Being Produced (Notification)

08/14/18          Interview was scheduled

08/17/18          Received Notice Interview for 09/19/18

09/11/18          Received Cancellation Notice :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine got received yesterday finally! I also hit a delay... I sent them with USPS and they were supposed to be on the 2 day delivery, but i guess i got the 3 day :D

Anyway, waiting for any reply from them........:goofy:

09/12/17          Married my love

01/28/18          AOS Sent

02/01/18          AOS Recieved

02/10/18          NOA1 Text E-mail Notification recieved

02/15/18          NOA1 Hard Copies recieved

02/24/18          Biometrics Letter Received (Scheduled for March 9th)

03/02/18          RFIE Letter Received (I-864 form)

03/09/18          Biometrics Appointment Done!

03/15/18          Sent RFIE Response with Joint Sponsor

03/22/18          RFIE Received by USCIS (Email notification)

07/21/18          New Card is Being Produced (Notification)

08/14/18          Interview was scheduled

08/17/18          Received Notice Interview for 09/19/18

09/11/18          Received Cancellation Notice :( 

1 hour ago, Nikku777 said:

Same here . Which state are you applying from ? Does anybody know the complete process through out this journey ? 

Applied I-130 & I-485 , now whats next ?

We are applying from San Diego.  How about you?  When did you send in your application?

Did you apply for I-131 - Advance Parole and I-765 Employment Authorization too?

Which part of the process in particular would you like more information about?  I have done nothing but read, read, read while waiting and have learned a lot so far :).

First you send in the package - then you wait for them to accept it, cash the checks and send you a notification.  This is followed by a letter for you to attend a biometrics appointment.  Then you wait some more.  There are many parts to this process! :).

Jlj4m8.png

1 hour ago, nnbc1234 said:

24th for send and receipt?  That was fast!  I will use UPS next time!

Did you send a G-1145 with the package?

That time frame is perfectly normal in regards to the checks.   Give it a couple more business days :).

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Don't worry guys! If you haven't signed up for the notifications the actual NOAs in the mail can take two weeks or even more. They didn't take the money from my account for about 10 days I believe.

You can see my timeine in my signature.

I hope all of you experience smooth sailing with USCIS!

05/24/2017 Entered the US on a J1 visa

10/10/2017 We got married!

10/27/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2017 Package delivered 

10/31/2017 Priority Date

11/07/2017 Received email and text notifications about all 4 forms

11/14/2017 Received hard copies of all 4 NOAs

11/21/2017 Received biometrics appointment notice scheduled for 11/29

12/15/2017 Interview notice - interview is scheduled for January 19th! Holy #$%^ that's less than 3 months from PD!

01/02/2018 EAD + AP approved

01/16/2018 Combo card delivered

01/19/2018 Interview - recommended for approval

01/22/2018 New card is being produced :dance:

UBtw.png

1 hour ago, EvieMN said:

Don't worry guys! If you haven't signed up for the notifications the actual NOAs in the mail can take two weeks or even more. They didn't take the money from my account for about 10 days I believe.

You can see my timeine in my signature.

I hope all of you experience smooth sailing with USCIS!

Thank you and fingers crossed!  I love your timestamp in your signature, so cute! :) xxx.

Jlj4m8.png

7 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

I hear you!  I was so excited on the 20th when they told me it would arrive by the 22nd - everything was smooth sailing and then... well... take a look:

January 28, 2018, 10:29 pm
Delivered
CHICAGO, IL 60680 
Your item was delivered at 10:29 pm on January 28, 2018 in CHICAGO, IL 60680.

January 27, 2018, 5:23 pm
Available for Pickup
CHICAGO, IL 60680 

January 27, 2018, 3:48 pm
Arrived at Unit
CHICAGO, IL 60680 

January 25, 2018, 12:30 pm

January 24, 2018, 12:30 pm

January 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

January 22, 2018, 12:30 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 21, 2018, 12:33 pm

January 20, 2018, 7:33 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility

January 20, 2018, 7:30 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

January 20, 2018, 12:09 pm
USPS in possession of item

It states it has been delivered, however, as I paid for Certified Mail, I am not so sure!  No noa yet, nor have the checks been cashed.  In addition, the day after it stated it was delivered I received an email from the USPS postal service stating they are not sure where it is and that they think it has most likely been delivered without being scanned!  I am wondering if the updated status is based on a presumption or a crossover period of time.  Here's hoping it is the latter!  Trying to remain calm and patient, hoping the noa will turn up soon.  I do wonder whether they will reimburse the payment for it to be certified, however, I am more concerned that they have no idea where my package is containing all our sensitive information.  I have been unable to contact the person who emailed me by phone or email so I am going to follow this up with the contact center later.  If we receive an RFE or need to send anything further we will definitely be using a different courier!

Looks like USPS often has delays... I suggest you can go with Fedex. Though it wasn't my plan to use Fedex (picked up our photos late Saturday and USPS only works half day), surprisingly it only took them 3 days to ship the package in cheapest rate ($11)!

2 yr GC approved 04/29/2019

10 yr GC approved 06/02/2021

@txkangaroo good for you! I paid for 2-day shipping. It is now the 3rd day and still no delivery. Ha! And I don't know if it will be delivered tomorrow since it's a Saturday. Are you from Houston too? It seems like we have one of the slowest processing times based on looking at uscis website and VJ. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.