egroeg

I-751/N-400 combo filers in Chicago

195 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Charly2 said:

Thanks for sharing. We're pretty much in the same boat. One question: do you have the case tracker app and the online account? and if you do, what's your status on both processes? For N 400, mine says online APPLICATION APPROVED...in the app tracker says IN LINE FOR OATH....for I 751 says online WE TRANSFERRED YOUR FILE ON MAY 3 2018 and the case tracker app says the same.

Edited by xilef

13 hours ago, Charly2 said:

Thanks for sharing. We're pretty much in the same boat. One question: do you have the case tracker app and the online account? and if you do, what's your status on both processes? For N 400, mine says online APPLICATION APPROVED...in the app tracker says IN LINE FOR OATH....for I 751 says online WE TRANSFERRED YOUR FILE ON MAY 3 2018 and the case tracker app says the same.

@Charly2 - I checked both USCIS websites (eGov and DHS), the status is still the same for both applications (n-400 and i-751). How long did it take in your case to see an update after the interview?

On 9/11/2018 at 6:51 PM, Charly2 said:

It seems that I was the only one not having a combo interview. I filed I751 in January 2017 and N400 in December 2017, both paper and no lawyers involved in any of the two. My N 400 app was August 27. I attended with my wife. The IO was really nice, but at the end of the interview he said he couldn't approved me because my pending I 751. He said he was not the officer to do it and than he needed a supervisor approval, so when he gave me the form N 652 he marked the option not able to make a decision at this time (or something like that). He did the test, thou, which I passed. Before I left he mentioned that they will mail my Oath letter, once the supervisor okays my file. And I am waiting since then. My current status online is: for 751: no changes since the transfer my case on May 1 2018. N 400: In line for Oath. It's a bit confusing, because it seems I am approved but then again I am waiting for 751.

I just hope It doesn't take them months to make a decision.

Something else: IO did have my 751 file as well, he went trough it briefly and made a small note on it (i didn't see what was that about) and then I put a rubber band to the 2 folders and left them together in his desk (I was ready to eat my nails thinking they could get forgotten there waiting for a supervisor). He asked if the person outside waiting for me was my wife and I said yes. I don't offer for her to come, I just waited to see if he could do the joint interview but that din't happen. Now just patiently waiting.

Congrats!!!! I want mine already!

@Charly2  Why don't you call USCIS and ask them to check on the status of your case ? Sometimes a nudge is what it takes for them to review your case and approve the same, did the office give you a timeline ?

Like it would take 30 days or so before they approved you ?

1 hour ago, KCHICAGO said:

@Charly2 - I checked both USCIS websites (eGov and DHS), the status is still the same for both applications (n-400 and i-751). How long did it take in your case to see an update after the interview?

It was right away... I checked the tracker app as soon as I exit the building and it changed from "Interview scheduled" to "In line for oath". Now, to respond Xilef question in the same post, the IO mentioned a time line of 30 days, but 30 days from the moment they mail your letter, and that hasn't happen yet. Presumably is in somebody's desk waiting for a supervisor approval (my 751). In any case, my wait has not been long (from August 27), but I have read already a lot of cases like mine in which they let you "in line for oath" for months and actually somebody posted here saying he is been waiting for over a year. But hey, we gotta be positive. I will keep everybody posted.

9 minutes ago, Charly2 said:

It was right away... I checked the tracker app as soon as I exit the building and it changed from "Interview scheduled" to "In line for oath". Now, to respond Xilef question in the same post, the IO mentioned a time line of 30 days, but 30 days from the moment they mail your letter, and that hasn't happen yet. Presumably is in somebody's desk waiting for a supervisor approval (my 751). In any case, my wait has not been long (from August 27), but I have read already a lot of cases like mine in which they let you "in line for oath" for months and actually somebody posted here saying he is been waiting for over a year. But hey, we gotta be positive. I will keep everybody posted.

Thank you for the clarification @Charly2 I still think you should call USCIS and open up a service request. It's beyond silly, that somewhere your application is sitting on someone's desk for approval while you are in line for oath.

37 minutes ago, xilef said:

What does your status say @KCHICAGO

it's something like this...

I-751: case was transferred to another office that has jurisdiction....

N-400: Interview was scheduled...

I finally went for my N400 interview and they did a combo interview for me and my wife because of my pending I-751. I'm really glad this happened based on some of the stories I have seen where some applicants were sent back because of a pending I-751. The officer was very nice and courteous. She took her time to explain everything she was doing and went through all the required documents with me. Now I am just waiting for updates on my account online.

Just as a note to anyone with a combo interview, take your most recent tax transcript if you filed your I-751 before the most recent tax season i.e. 2017 tax return transcript.

16 minutes ago, benny_oo said:

I finally went for my N400 interview and they did a combo interview for me and my wife because of my pending I-751. I'm really glad this happened based on some of the stories I have seen where some applicants were sent back because of a pending I-751. The officer was very nice and courteous. She took her time to explain everything she was doing and went through all the required documents with me. Now I am just waiting for updates on my account online.

Just as a note to anyone with a combo interview, take your most recent tax transcript if you filed your I-751 before the most recent tax season i.e. 2017 tax return transcript.

That;s awesome @benny_oo I'm guessing you had the same officer as @gabreigns Congratulations again !

Wish I will get that officer too. Is asking for a different officer/supervisor to approve both on the spot asking for too much? 

Just now, xilef said:

HAAAAA @ordjnb I had the same officer ( or atleast I think it is) for my AOS interview and she was the sweetest person ever 

My I485 officer got promoted shortly after our interview. She gave me an RFE because the physician didn't sign the I693 form and because she was promoted my file was in limbo for 6 months. 

I hope I don't experience something like that again lol

15 minutes ago, ordjnb said:

My I485 officer got promoted shortly after our interview. She gave me an RFE because the physician didn't sign the I693 form and because she was promoted my file was in limbo for 6 months. 

I hope I don't experience something like that again lol

OMG, that's just terrible ! sorry to hear that 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.