egroeg

I-751/N-400 combo filers in Chicago

195 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Jane D said:

Checked online on dhs site, my N400 interview was scheduled for December 5. First the update came on Case tracker. The next day I was able to see online the date in the Documents section.

That's great news, so it basically took 7 months for your interview to get scheduled. Hopefully you get approved on the spot and are able to swear in before Christmas, now wouldn't that be a christmas m iracle :)

On 11/3/2018 at 7:46 AM, xilef said:

That's great news, so it basically took 7 months for your interview to get scheduled. Hopefully you get approved on the spot and are able to swear in before Christmas, now wouldn't that be a christmas m iracle :)

Yes, it sure would be a miracle.  A gift from Santa .😂 Lol lol lol .This forum really helps to keep sanity and not to go crazy while waiting and waiting for something.

Guys, question about bills and pictures. How many years of bills do you need to bring, if you are a combo filer.  Like 2 years for green card, that you filed with and around 2 years for citizenship? So like 4 years of bills ? Or just last 2 years?

Also pictures, in what format ( I mean  do you also put it in album, or they are just photos by themselves)  and how many pictures are you taking with you? Like 20 is enough ? or you are taking previously submitted pictures as well?

On 11/4/2018 at 10:15 AM, Jane D said:

Guys, question about bills and pictures. How many years of bills do you need to bring, if you are a combo filer.  Like 2 years for green card, that you filed with and around 2 years for citizenship? So like 4 years of bills ? Or just last 2 years?

Also pictures, in what format ( I mean  do you also put it in album, or they are just photos by themselves)  and how many pictures are you taking with you? Like 20 is enough ? or you are taking previously submitted pictures as well?

Bring in as much as you can since you submitted your I-751 application , What all did you submit along with your N-400 ? To be safe, bring in documentation since your wedding. Worst case, they might not ask it !

5 hours ago, Meme.B said:

Hi everyone, finally my 2 cases (I-751 and N-400) approved yesterday. 

Congratulations @Meme.B! I am very happy for you. You got to be relieved. The end is now very near and chances are, you'll have your Oath in December. 👍

21 minutes ago, Lu & Soso said:

Congratulations @Meme.B! I am very happy for you. You got to be relieved. The end is now very near and chances are, you'll have your Oath in December. 👍

Thank you very much @Lu & Soso I hope you have happy ceremoney!!

9 hours ago, Meme.B said:

Hi everyone, finally my 2 cases (I-751 and N-400) approved yesterday. 

Congrats @Meme.B!!!This is awesome news!!

23 hours ago, DonaDony said:

For the folks who already took their oaths. Did you get a chance to apply for Passport at the same time of the ceremony? Or you did it on a different day?

Thanks!!! 

To add to this question, how long is it to get passport in general after you passed the oath and applied for passport for example?

On 11/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, Jane D said:

To add to this question, how long is it to get passport in general after you passed the oath and applied for passport for example?

As soon as I found out the date and time of my oath ceremony, I made an appointment on-line (USPS) same date as my oath ceremony. I had my oath ceremony at 9A, and done by 11:30am. My appointment at USPS was at 2pm. Make sure to make an appointment on-line, USPS personnel doesn't accept walk-ins.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:42 PM, DonaDony said:

For the folks who already took their oaths. Did you get a chance to apply for Passport at the same time of the ceremony? Or you did it on a different day?

Thanks!!! 

Hi there, yes. My oath was at 9am, and finished by 11:30am. My passport appointment was at 2p. 

Yesterday, I finally became a US citizen. It was a beautiful ceremony of 129 new citizens. It only took 50 minutes to complete. What a moment! I am still recovering from the whole process. Let me take this opportunity to extend my deepest gratitude to all those members of VJ who took their time to share their stories, answer questions and support everyone who sought support in figuring their case status. What you have done is not only bring hope during moments of despair, frustration, confusion, but motivated everyone to believe in this protracted process. Thank you for all your support, and may your future pursuits bear intended fruits. To those who are still racing towards the finish line, even tiring and uncertain this process is at times, don't ever give up. The finish line, no matter how long, is worth all the struggles. Last but not least, I can never forget the work of the Immigration Officers, who made this journey fruitful by guiding us through the process, eased our nerves when overwhelmed and gave us confidence towards our goal. You have been consummate professionals.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.