djturbo

Cathay pacific flight extension

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

We have purchased a flight to the Philippines for 21 days through Cathay Pacific in 2 months but now have decided to extend it 7 more days, has anyone here  done this before and will I have to pay Cathay for the change/extension? Our travel agent tells us to just take care of this once in the Philippines. How much hassle am I into with this issue?

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, djturbo said:

Hi everyone,

We have purchased a flight to the Philippines for 21 days through Cathay Pacific in 2 months but now have decided to extend it 7 more days, has anyone here  done this before and will I have to pay Cathay for the change/extension? Our travel agent tells us to just take care of this once in the Philippines. How much hassle am I into with this issue?

All depends on the class of the ticket you bought.  Most likely you will have to pay a change fee plus any difference in the fare on the new flight

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, djturbo said:

Hi everyone,

:unsure:  

Call the airline.   If you bought the ticket through an outside vendor .. call them.   

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

if your new return dates are fixed, then fix the changes before you fly. it will be cumbersome, slow and a hassle doing it when you are in the philippines.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, iamdegie said:

if your new return dates are fixed, then fix the changes before you fly. it will be cumbersome, slow and a hassle doing it when you are in the philippines.

not only that but higher fares and reduced availability too

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.