Lara wash

Born Baby in United States 2018 Law

81 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm 28 years old and my wife is Chinese. I'm Indian national and now we both are living in China. Me and my wife we are planning to birth our baby in USA, Reason ( want our baby to give better future & studies ). plus we'll also move to US on E2 visa very soon in a couple of years ( planning to start a business there ). Will you guys tell us about legal things in USA to born baby, indeed we do not have insurance etc in the USA but we can arrange funds to pay all feeses etc ! We are just curious in your idea how much $ it'll cost us the all ( delivery, treatment etc )

Do we have to hire any lawyer etc or simple went to any hospital and make an appointment?

Please advise whole processes!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For a regular delivery you are looking at about twenty thousand dollars.  Complications can drive that cost far higher, well over one hundred thousand dollars.  Also getting into the the US for the birth isn't a straight forward process.  

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lara wash said:

Hi, I'm 28 years old and my wife is Chinese. I'm Indian national and now we both are living in China. Me and my wife we are planning to birth our baby in USA, Reason ( want our baby to give better future & studies ). plus we'll also move to US on E2 visa very soon in a couple of years ( planning to start a business there ). Will you guys tell us about legal things in USA to born baby, indeed we do not have insurance etc in the USA but we can arrange funds to pay all feeses etc ! We are just curious in your idea how much $ it'll cost us the all ( delivery, treatment etc )

Do we have to hire any lawyer etc or simple went to any hospital and make an appointment?

Please advise whole processes!

I didn't think Mainland China or India were eligible for E2

YMMV

We already have B1 Visa in past, we visited Plano, Texas 6 months ago! We already had a visa and now we can travel anytime!

yes we can afford 20K - 150k.    all we need to know about hospital do they required anything special document like NOC etc ?

Or simple we can make an appointment and that's all?

P.S i write Pakistan but autocorrect make it India :(   . Yes, Pakistan does have E2  trade with USA !

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lara wash said:

We already have B1 Visa in past, we visited Plano, Texas 6 months ago! We already had a visa and now we can travel anytime!

yes we can afford 20K - 150k.    all we need to know about hospital do they required anything special document like NOC etc ?

Or simple we can make an appointment and that's all?

P.S i write Pakistan but autocorrect make it India :(   . Yes, Pakistan does have E2  trade with USA !

Most hospitals are private hospitals and they make there own rules.  You will have to discuss with the hospital of choice as to what they require for an uninsured delivery

YMMV

lol, seems like my system has Indian malware lol :D !

BTW is this necessary to inform immigration about the born baby plan?

Do we require anything, like any clinic appointment or document etc ?

Will they stop us because of this cause?

P.S what kind of proof or money we take with us, we do have all funds in our bank. we can have access to our bank app. anything else  ?

Timeline

You are not the first foreign national couple who have attempted to get US citizenship for a child by birthing in the USA

YMMV

14 minutes ago, Lara wash said:

lol, seems like my system has Indian malware lol :DHaha.. nah, but not uncommon for Pakistanis to claim Indian status when convenient. See it all the time:)

BTW is this necessary to inform immigration about the born baby plan? Yep, CBP asks for purpose of visit at POE. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Only CBP determines who is eligible to enter. All you do is present yourself at POE and be truthful to CBP queries. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lara wash said:

indeed we can tell them but scared maybe it'll cause an issue like no entry etc ?

Please advise!

My honest opinion is that you will be denied, when you let them know you intend to have a baby. However I heard of someone doing this successfully back in the early 1990's (hearsay), but I have no reason to suspect the person who told me about this incident.

As far as I know there is no Law preventing you from this (I maybe wrong). But if I was the CBP officer I would be very suspicious as to your immigrant intent. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

You can’t go to the US just with the intention of giving birth so you can have an American citizen baby. That’s illegal. The officer at POE will see that you are trying to get in for that purpose when he sees your pregnant wife and you’ll both be turned away and most likely carry some kind of ban with that. Have your baby in your home country then apply for immigration. As long as you apply before your child turns 21 he’ll go with you, as well as your wife. Do it the legal way, like the rest of us are. 

Edited by TNJ17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.