Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, Maria1989 said:

From the time we got a Case number I think it was 4 or 5 business days and it said Ready for Interview. Before that it just says In Transit. For this Consulate you fill out the DS-160 online and then it gives you a special code number and payment sheet. You pay at the bank and within 48 hours it opens the calendar to schedule your appointment. This Consulate sent me an email with Instructions and said we schedule our own K-1 appointment. We called the 4 Embassy approved doctors and one there was no answer and the others want an appointment date before they will schedule you. Our calendar should open soon. However, it did say after we got the confirmation sheet that the first available appointment was March 7. The CEAC website has a link to the DS-160, and work fast because it kept trying to time out on me. It will also give you a chance to review all the information which we did because you don’t want any mistakes at all. 

He will need an updated Letter of Intent

Affidavait of Sponsorship with Supporting Docs

Original Birth Record

Any Divorce records for either of you - Certified

Updated proof of relationship

Police Clearance - less than 6 months old

Passport with at least 6 months out from the

Date of expected arrival in the US

They will want to know your expected travel plans

DS-160 asks for a lot of the same information in your original petition so have it handy to make sure it matches up; take Confirmation page and payment receipt to the Interview and the Approval notice

2 passport photos for Interview 

They say you need 10 passport photos for your Medical Appointment 

Finally be prepared to answer questions about the relationship 

I hope that helps that was a lot 

It is more than helpful!! I am doing this on my own with no lawyer so you guys are my go-tos with all the information I need. I have already submitted the DS-160 online and yes it timed me out once already. Hopefully we can get a interview date by Monday or Tuesday. 

He will need an updated Letter of Intent- Will type a new one out for him

Affidavait of Sponsorship with Supporting Docs- Is this stating that him and I have met ? Pictures ? Flight records ? Help with this one. 

Original Birth Record - CHECK

Any Divorce records for either of you - Certified- Neither of us have been married before 

Updated proof of relationship - CHECK

Police Clearance - less than 6 months old- Does this have to be from the state he is from or from Juarez?

Date of expected arrival in the US- Doesn't have one but will apply ASAP, should I wait until this is done before we make the interview ?

DS-160 asks for a lot of the same information in your original petition so have it handy to make sure it matches up; take Confirmation page and payment receipt to the Interview and the Approval notice-CHECK

2 passport photos for Interview -CHECK

They say you need 10 passport photos for your Medical Appointment -CHECK

Finally be prepared to answer questions about the relationship-CHECK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 3/2/2018 at 10:25 PM, Loverisaa said:

It is more than helpful!! I am doing this on my own with no lawyer so you guys are my go-tos with all the information I need. I have already submitted the DS-160 online and yes it timed me out once already. Hopefully we can get a interview date by Monday or Tuesday. 

He will need an updated Letter of Intent- Will type a new one out for him

Affidavait of Sponsorship with Supporting Docs- Is this stating that him and I have met ? Pictures ? Flight records ? Help with this one. 

Original Birth Record - CHECK

Any Divorce records for either of you - Certified- Neither of us have been married before 

Updated proof of relationship - CHECK

Police Clearance - less than 6 months old- Does this have to be from the state he is from or from Juarez?

Date of expected arrival in the US- Doesn't have one but will apply ASAP, should I wait until this is done before we make the interview ?

DS-160 asks for a lot of the same information in your original petition so have it handy to make sure it matches up; take Confirmation page and payment receipt to the Interview and the Approval notice-CHECK

2 passport photos for Interview -CHECK

They say you need 10 passport photos for your Medical Appointment -CHECK

Finally be prepared to answer questions about the relationship-CHECK

Affidavit of Sponsorship is the form you fill out and include all your supporting income Information.

The Police Clearance should be from the State or Country he lives, and any Country he has been to for more than 6 months and the clearances must be less than 6 months old.

He will need his Passport at the time of the interview. So allow time to receive this before scheduling.

Also, don’t make the appointment so quick, he needs to do the lmedical appointments, which will take a week or so to get the results package.

How did you do the DS-160 without his Passport Number, or are you saying you don’t have a date of travel, if it’s the date you don’t have just give an estimate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have a question about the part below on the Affidavit of Support. 

I have submitted a visa petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons (If none, write "None")

Is this talking about my fiance or asking if I have submitted a petition for anyone else other than him? At first I wrote his name, but now that I've re-read it, I'm not sure. What do you guys think? Under the question there are fields for the fame and relationship to me. Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, naija_queen said:

Hi everyone. I have a question about the part below on the Affidavit of Support. 

I have submitted a visa petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons (If none, write "None")

Is this talking about my fiance or asking if I have submitted a petition for anyone else other than him? At first I wrote his name, but now that I've re-read it, I'm not sure. What do you guys think? Under the question there are fields for the fame and relationship to me. Thanks

petitioner will fill about beneficiary.

will fill as "fiancé"

you should search for i-134 sample on vj . It is the old version but the questions are same.

Edited by Naes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown too large, so it's now closed.  The continuation thread is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/664456-may-2017-i-129f-filers-part-iii/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.